Pages:
Author

Topic: Get $1 Risk-free Starting Bonus for Bitcoinica Here - page 4. (Read 20268 times)

vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502
I have sent 1 USD code to everyone.

Thank you for your support!
zaj
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
MasonIII Thanks~!
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
phatinc thanks Smiley
Activity: 24
jstamp

cheers
Activity: 482
Merit: 500
Still doing the $1 free trial? If so, please credit $1 to trogdorjw73. Thanks, and I look forward to trying this out.
vip
All credited.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
scottjp

Thanks for the opportunity  Smiley
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
drk  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
kokjo
vip
Hi,

Everyone is credited.

Activity: 518
Can I get that $1 bonus too ?

Username is same as on here.

Thanks !
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
Bitcoin!
Username: btc_novice
Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
User:RyN
Activity: 22
I'd love to try it out. My username on the site is CaptainDDL.
Activity: 13
I just signed up for an account can I get the free $1.  My username on the site is warren51.  Looks good.
Activity: 76
Merit: 87
Account is 'lobster'.

BTW, great site design.
Activity: 683
You don't sell Bitcoins on Bitcoinica - for that you need to go to an exchange.

Bitcoinica lets you leverage 1:5 in BTCUSD.

I'll give a little example (though I'm a bit new myself), anyone can feel free to correct me:

You deposit 1 BTC when the market is at 5 USD/BTC. This gives you a margin of 5, with a tradable balance of 25. From here you can decide to long or short.  If you long it, you 'buy' BTC at X price in hopes it goes up.  If you long 3 BTC when it is at 5 USD, and it goes up to 6 USD, you've made 3 USD.  If you short it, you sell 3 BTC at 5 USD, and it goes down to 4 USD, you've made 3 USD.

But it isn't so easy.  On the right of your screen, you'll see that P/L, Net Balance, and Maintainence.

P/L is your current profit/loss.  Green is profit, red is loss. It'll start out as a loss every time (due to the spread).

Your Net Balance is your Margin + P/L. If your P/L is green, your margin will be higher than when you started. If it is red, your margin will be lower.

Your Maintainence is... somehting.  Not really sure.  BUT what I have read is that if your maintainence ever exceeds your Net Balance, you get a 'margin call'.  That means the market has gone too far from where you ordered and even with the 1:5 leverage you don't have enough to maintain your account - so it liquidates it. To prevent liquidations, be sure to set stop-loss orders.

Hope this helps!

edit: to clarify some things: you need to lock in your profits just like you stop-loss orders.  These are called 'limit' orders. Also you can choose to simply 'liquidate' your current position, which will lock in whatever the current market is (weather it be a profit or a loss)

Once your positions are cleared, you can choose to withdrawl MtGOX USD CODE or BTC.
Should have read this first, tried to sell 20 btc to test this out, really had no clue how I could get a balance of -$2.49857 and still had 20btc, while I sold 20 btc. lol  Cheesy

Got the 1 $ credited to my account tho
vip
All credited!

Thank you very much!
Activity: 12
Username: BarbosaR
Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: