Pages:
Author

Topic: Get Ready for "MicroCash" : The most advanced Crypto-based Currency yet! - page 5. (Read 15244 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Unlike real cryptocurrencies which discuss their technology in papers and open source, Microcash has to post pictures of Mr. T.
Also, I am Coinhunter.

The pictures are for two reasons:
1) The target audience of Microcash cannot read, thus images and word of mouth are the only mediums which can reach them
2) The idea behind Microcash (enrichment of CH through the fleecing of the unwary) cannot withstand the light of day, thus no papers or source code.

And yes, we knew you were Coinhunter.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
UPDATE:  MicroCash public beta will launch in two days.  As the post has said from day one, "Get Ready"!  Wink
sd
Activity: 730
Merit: 500
this entire thread is a joke just like microRASH!

NO!  Only folks like YOU!   Grin  Grin  Grin

No-one is falling for this MicroCash Scam ChimpHunter (or whoever you are.) The more you post here the more people point out it's a con and the higher those pages go in google's index.

Warnings that Microcash is a con are rated 5th on google and 15th on bing, mostly due to other people using the term MicroCash.

I wonder if you are going to be stomped by microcashcorp.com ?

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

screenshot of super secret awesome
How goes the secret mining?
Activity: 89

screenshot of super secret awesome
Coinhunter's card must be maxed, I haven't seen any attempts to bump it up lately.

Thanks for keeping the news about MC$ to the top of the queue.  The number of new community members and users we've had join the project is earth shattering.  Especially the excitement regarding the upcoming beta!    BTW, if you'd like to get involved here is a link to a nice system under $100 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130568R that you can outfit with the GPU of your choice.  Works great for me.  Smiley   (just a small token of appreciation for your generosity and PR Smiley
Activity: 87
COIN SUPPORTER
IIRC, MicroCash is written in C#, so it should work on more computers

As a C# developer I have to say this wins the award for most asinine statement today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compiler

It works with Mono (well mostly) Smiley
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

As a C# developer I have to say this wins the award for most asinine statement today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compiler
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Is it opensource?

yes/no
COIN SUPPORTER
I haven't heard any real 'features' yet, just stuff that Bitcoin already does and a bunch of a denial about how it's just a fork of bitcoin.

COIN SUPPORTER
The more I read about this, the more it sounds like paypal - only with more fees, slower transactions, and less security.
but at least with paypal, they don't deduct your $ every day.

If you have over a certain amount, you actually earn interest.

Most banks charge fees of some sort (usually monthly). If you divide the fees up, you are actually losing x amount per day.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
The more I read about this, the more it sounds like paypal - only with more fees, slower transactions, and less security.
but at least with paypal, they don't deduct your $ every day.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
BTW, the most fundamental req. of any currency system is speed of the transaction. Unlike BTC, wherein it takes minutes for transactions to complete, microcash is nearly instant. This has been written from the ground up and designed for mobility.
How did you accomplish this feat? The reason bitcoin takes several minutes to confirm transactions (the transactions themselves are almost instant) is to prevent stale blocks resulting from network propagation delays, which would greatly reduce the effective hashpower of the network and basically allow anyone with the lowest network latency to take control of the network. How did you solve this problem?

And the most fundamental requirements of a currency system are fungibility (one coin is just as good as any other of the same denomination), divisibility (you can easily make change for large amounts), and difficulty of counterfeiting (you can easily tell a genuine coin from a fake one). MicroCash falls flat on its face for the last point if you don't have a cold answer to my above question.

notyep never answered this did he?

You know, now that you mention it, he did. Although I didn't see it at first, buried in his wall of text he says that blocks are mined every 2 minutes. The fact that this contradicts both the screenshot he posted and his own statement that transactions are "nearly instant" says all I need to know. Roll Eyes
Activity: 700
Merit: 507
wow... Notyep.. you really dont sound like a second hand car salesman.. i will trust you from here on and forever...

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
MicroCash is SolidCoin repackaged.

SolidCoin is a less secure form of Bitcoin.

Move along.
Well put.

I encourage all of the "wise" BTC investors to expand your portfolio with the most advanced crypto-currencies of all time at launch.

Nice scare quotes.
Many of the key BTC developers already have including many members of this community.
[citation needed]

MicroCash doesn't seem to have much for flaws.

lolwut
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
In matter of fact, I will continue to keep the Newbie community informed since they are the most important audience.

Why? Are you afraid that people with more experience in crypto-currency won't go for your brilliant scheme? What possible reason could they have for such scepticism? Roll Eyes
Just as I figured, everyone clearly can see the writing on the wall that MicroCash will be taking the world by storm. So much that this post was removed from the Newbie section (which I expected would happen considering the amount of views in such a short amount of time).  Word is spreading like wildfire and will continue. In matter of fact, I will continue to keep the Newbie community informed since they are the most important audience.  I encourage all of the "wise" BTC investors to expand your portfolio with the most advanced crypto-currencies of all time at launch. Many of the key BTC developers already have including many members of this community.  As for the "BTC Babel community" (BTCBC) that choose to continue to bash and babel (you know who you are), keep waisting your time because that means more opportunity for the rest of us.  After  joining this forum back in August and learning so much from this wonderful community and keeping silent in the process. I'm convinced that this post (my first in ages) will be my most important post here, even if it happens to be my last.  See you on the other side!    Grin

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
And Warning:  Don't let those who are intimidated by MicroCash steer you away from taking part in revolutionary/game changing technology.

That's what you said when SC1 was released.
That's what you said when SC2 was released.
Now you're saying the same thing again.

More of the same. Big promises that turn out empty.

The only thing I'm wondering is, where's the source code?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Not having to download a blockchain enables people that only have 50 kb/s connections to use it. Or even 4 kb/s connection.
Paypal doesn't require a blockchain. Neither does MintChip as far as I can tell. What's the point though?

I would also point out Bitcoin with a lite client (or ewallet service) doesn't need to download the blockchain either.

Not having to download the blockchain is OPTIONAL in Bitcoin depending on how much trust you need.

I doubt any major merchant wants to run their wallet without access to the raw blockchain though.
Pages:
Jump to: