Pages:
Author

Topic: Gigamining / Teramining - page 5. (Read 216399 times)

legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
March 04, 2014, 12:57:40 AM
Thanks for the update, James.

BFL being BFL is no real surprise. At least that's what I assume you mean.

The elegius page is interesting. But I am unclear on what is being shown. Does this indicate VPSs hashrate has increased by a factor of around 10x in the last week? Or are you moving from your proprietary pool to elegius, mostly over the last week? Currently puzzled.

Racks look nice.

I've said it before, but thanks for the regular, drama-free revenues.
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
March 03, 2014, 10:27:24 AM
Wow. Didn't realize how long it has been since I last updated this thread. Performance results since the Dec 9th update are:

Code:
12/16 -  86.56%
12/23 -  96.84%
12/30 - 100.73%
01/06 -  86.07%
01/13 - 105.27%
01/20 -  98.90%
01/27 -  88.76%
02/03 - 101.61%
02/10 - 110.49%
02/17 -  92.26%
02/24 -  94.47%
03/03 -  98.66%

In other news, we are still waiting on our 64Th from specific vendors who are well known for being late. More on this as it becomes available.

In other other news, VPS has started working with a new hardware supplier who under promises and over delivers (gasp)!

Instead of explaining everything that is going on, I'll let you check things our for yourselves.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1JdrvUEgB1MHBEkdjq2BYEZ5oJd9dFKNto

Teramining will remain 24% of whatever VPS runs. This new mine is halfway done and the rest of the hashing power will be coming online over the next couple of days.

A follow up email will be sent once we are done the install and I have some time to write a proper update. Until then, crtl+r the eligius page to see what we are up to. Wink

And now for the mining p0rn...

vip
December 09, 2013, 01:56:22 PM
Teramining Update

Last week we had a stellar week and ran at 119.51% of PPS.

Best,
James
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
December 06, 2013, 07:25:48 PM
Sites offline for me?

Is this still going? saw some negative posts...
Link(s)?
legendary
Activity: 1050
December 06, 2013, 06:50:47 PM
Sites offline for me?

Is this still going? saw some negative posts...
vip
December 02, 2013, 02:41:18 PM
Teramining Update

Last week we ran at 85.37% of PPS. Our luck for the week was close to breakeven but a couple of orphans beat our percentage earned down a bit yet again.

I have moved our mining to multiple pools to help reduce our variance.

The Teramining email was well received last week and I was pleased to read your responses.

Best,
James
vip
November 26, 2013, 09:28:03 AM
Teramining Update

Last week we ran at 86.19% of PPS. Our luck for the week was close to breakeven but a couple of orphans beat our percentage earned down a bit.

I will be sending an email update hopefully later this week to all Teraminers to give some specifics on the new hashing power being purchased and some timelines for delivery.

Best,
James
Activity: 609
Merit: 505
November 22, 2013, 04:26:02 AM
great news!
legendary
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
November 21, 2013, 06:52:24 PM
Much appreciated, James. I thank you for going above and beyond the terms of the contract. This should do much to offset the pain of skyrocketing difficulty.
legendary
Activity: 966
November 21, 2013, 02:55:19 PM
james, you surprise me everytime !
legendary
November 21, 2013, 12:31:06 PM
FANTASTIC!  Grin
vip
November 21, 2013, 08:43:02 AM
Teramining Update

Looks like I haven't posted our performance for the past couple of weeks.

• 11/11 - 93.31%
  • 11/18 - 83.94%

VPS is putting the final touches on a deal to expand our hashing capacity. All Teraminers will be receiving the same 24% of whatever VPS runs so this will mean a per contract speed of between 56.14Mh/s and 67.51Mh/s depending on whether we keep the old equipment running. The original per contract speed was 9Mh/s and is currently 11.5Mh/s. This represents a 4.8x to 5.8x increase in hashing power over our existing infrastructure.

All of the hosting will also be paid for 1 year from delivery, so I'll be extending the Teramining contract as well. The extension will be 1 year from the date of delivery of this equipment.

My commitment to those who have stuck by me and have worked with me though the last year is unwavering. I appreciate all of you and look forward to continuing to be your mining partner.

Best regards,
James
vip
November 19, 2013, 10:35:25 AM
Nice to hear this; I do recall reading something like this earlier in the thread (ages ago) but did not locate it at the time. I am not a bondholder, but lile to watch the happenings; this remains one of the better-run mining operations.

I appreciate your kind words. When the Teramining contract is over, there will be no question that I've kept my commitments and will have gone far far beyond them.

I should know better by now not to put much stake into BurtW's FUD, whether well-intentioned or not.

BurtW is a good friend and I appreciate him letting the thread know that I am a bit out of commission.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
November 19, 2013, 10:20:53 AM
All payments went out yesterday as expected. There are standard operating procedures written up for making payments to both Gigamining and Teramining along with procedures to run different aspects of the business. In fact, I do not even handle these anymore.
Nice to hear this; I do recall reading something like this earlier in the thread (ages ago) but did not locate it at the time. I am not a bondholder, but lile to watch the happenings; this remains one of the better-run mining operations.

I should know better by now not to put much stake into BurtW's FUD, whether well-intentioned or not.
vip
November 19, 2013, 06:47:29 AM
On a personal level I wish James a speedy recovery;

Thanks.

on a business level I am surprised there are no contingencies in place for such occurrences. Professional businesses do not rely on people; they rely on processes.

All payments went out yesterday as expected. There are standard operating procedures written up for making payments to both Gigamining and Teramining along with procedures to run different aspects of the business. In fact, I do not even handle these anymore.
legendary
Activity: 966
November 19, 2013, 03:39:10 AM
James is laid up due to a bad accident.  I am sure he will get us our dividends as soon as he can.
On a personal level I wish James a speedy recovery; on a business level I am surprised there are no contingencies in place for such occurrences. Professional businesses do not rely on people; they rely on processes.

If something happens to an individual, there should be a process in place that allows normal business operations (e.g. dividend payments) to continue. Instead, what we see here is that what happens to one individual (James) has an effect on hundreds of bondholders. If I were a bondholder I would find this concerning. I am not concerned with this specific case of dividends being late, but rather the fundamental question it raises: if James gets abducted by aliens or hit by a bus do our bonds and dividends disappear as well?

Simply, yes
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
November 19, 2013, 02:39:18 AM
James is laid up due to a bad accident.  I am sure he will get us our dividends as soon as he can.
On a personal level I wish James a speedy recovery; on a business level I am surprised there are no contingencies in place for such occurrences. Professional businesses do not rely on people; they rely on processes.

If something happens to an individual, there should be a process in place that allows normal business operations (e.g. dividend payments) to continue. Instead, what we see here is that what happens to one individual (James) has an effect on hundreds of bondholders. If I were a bondholder I would find this concerning. I am not concerned with this specific case of dividends being late, but rather the fundamental question it raises: if James gets abducted by aliens or hit by a bus do our bonds and dividends disappear as well?
legendary
November 19, 2013, 12:28:09 AM
vip
November 07, 2013, 08:57:54 AM
You're in luck! ~12 hours earlier from the time you posted the above, HashTrade made a $1M USD down payment to start up a premier data processing organization enabling all individuals to benefit from mining Bitcoins without having to purchase or operate any hardware.

Soon, possibly, you'll be able to upgrade. Rumor has it that all the Bitcoin mining rigs will be Monarchs, of which currently is all the rage.

~TMIBTCITW

Hi Bruno,

It was nice to meet you in Atlanta.

Just to make sure all of the facts are stated, I have been involved with the creation of HashTrade for over 6 months. In that time, we have created a business, found investors and have partnered with multiple hardware manufacturers to make sure mining stays in the hands of the many. There has been a ton of interest from the broader community since the press release from BFL arrived and we are glad so many are interested in pursuing hosted mining contracts.

As for Teramining, it will remain 24% of whatever hashrate VPS runs. This is far above and beyond anything promised in any contract and should show my resolve and loyalty towards those who have stuck with me though the last year.

Some may question my judgement in ever running a mining bond on GLBSE and they have every right to do so. But the facts of the matter are that over 90% of all contracts have been claimed, paid all back payments and are continuing to this day.

Best regards,
James
donator
Merit: 1105
November 07, 2013, 06:11:49 AM

It's a big loss of bitcoins, for instance, I invested a lot of coins in gigamining shares & ended up with substantially less when I claimed for the 1530 shares that I had back in Feb, I got just 245 btc in back interest instead of the thousands that I'd invested, then I paid 382 btc for the paid upgrade to teramining on giga's assurance that this time it would be different, so far it's paid 173 btc less the 70.36 btc I would have received by sticking to the free upgrade, so 103 btc gained for a 382 btc cost & interest has slowed to 3.60 btc per week falling by 50% each 3 weeks on the latest figures, I don't see how this can ever cover the cost even with giga's assurance that he somehow intends to make it right.

The only honorable thing that I see now would be if he admitted the paid upgrade was a failure for those who took it & refund the cost of it...

James is not responsible for you poor decisions. He has kept up his end of the deal. If the paid upgrade was such a bad deal, then you should not have taken it. Take responsibility for your own failures. Stop looking for somebody to bail you out.

We shall see if he lives up to his end of the deal when we get to the end of the contract period, as for your other comments - they don't even deserve acknowledging, let alone any reply Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: