Pages:
Author

Topic: Gigampz: Power Supply Kits & Adapters For Bitcoin Mining. Industrial grade. - page 8. (Read 68181 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
We are still out of stock.  Our best estimate right now is 3 weeks before we get more.  We were expecting a shipment of 160 boards from our manufacturing partner but it looks like UPS lost the package.  If that turns up we may have more sooner than 3 weeks.

Looks like you're still out of stock. Any idea when you will have more?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Right.  A single 6-pin = 6 wires, 3 for + and 3 for GND.  Right now, I am running 2 for + and 2 for GND, per blade.  

I'm not sure I understand the question; You can fit 4 6-pin PCIe cables per board  by doubling up the wires per contact.  12 contacts total and 24 wires for 4, 6 pin cables.

the cables i sell in my signature link will fit like the image above, and I sell splitters that can be attached to that if you need more lower-wattage connections for a device like the rk-box (130W per splitter plug or 260W per PCIe cable working safely and without any thermal concerns)
Activity: 70
You are right, I miscounted the number of terminals on the board.
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
Right.  A single 6-pin = 6 wires, 3 for + and 3 for GND.  Right now, I am running 2 for + and 2 for GND, per blade.  

I'm not sure I understand the question; You can fit 4 6-pin PCIe cables per board  by doubling up the wires per contact.  12 contacts total and 24 wires for 4, 6 pin cables.

Right.  A single 6-pin = 6 wires, 3 for + and 3 for GND.  Right now, I am running 2 for + and 2 for GND, per blade. 
I squeeze in 2x16 awg wires into each screw terminal on the power supply side, and it's been working pretty well.  On the S3, since there isn't a screw terminal on the Ant side anymore, this will be a bit of a challenge.  
Maybe 16 awg pci-e cables will do the trick using 4 wires instead of 6?

Or maybe a new version of the adapter will have larger terminals to hold more wires?

If you check out the S3 specs you only need one 6-pin connector per blade when you are running at stock clock speeds.  Unclear what the power requirements will be when over clocking.  I've got one on order so I can experiment with it ant let you guys know what works.  We'll see.
I squeeze in 2x16 awg wires into each screw terminal on the power supply side, and it's been working pretty well.  On the S3, since there isn't a screw terminal on the Ant side anymore, this will be a bit of a challenge. 
Maybe 16 awg pci-e cables will do the trick using 4 wires instead of 6?

Or maybe a new version of the adapter will have larger terminals to hold more wires?
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
I received my boards a couple of weeks ago, they work like a charm, thanks!
I would kindly want to make two suggestions:
First you should add a 5V feed, it would be extremely helpful for people using Rasberry Pi or powered USB hub.
I hadn't used a solder for 12 years and I almost destroyed my card.  Grin
Second, this PSU can easily power two S3s or two Rocketboxes but there are not enough connectors for
eight PCI-e cables, so could you use a different terminal connector?
Keep up the good work.

Cheers!!

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I would think with all the S3s that are about to show they wiil be busy filling new orders.  I will certainly be picking up a couple more as soon as they are back in stock as my S1 setup is working great with this board.

Thanks for the great product..
Activity: 50
This may be an odd thing to say, but it's nice to see a company who designed a product and is actually having it manufactured and is selling it be out of stock on things.
This means you did something very right!
Keep making great product!

Everyone else, be very patient, these boards are completely worth it.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Looking forward to more.
Will you be carrying the power supplies again or are they permanently out of stock?
   Yes, we've got 50 on order and will be back in stock in a few days.

We have supplies back in stock, though now we are low on boards and out of cables, we have more of both on order.

Are you still out of boards? If so, what's the ETA on restocking?

We are still out of stock.  Our best estimate right now is 3 weeks before we get more.  We were expecting a shipment of 160 boards from our manufacturing partner but it looks like UPS lost the package.  If that turns up we may have more sooner than 3 weeks.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Will you be carrying the power supplies again or are they permanently out of stock?

We have supplies back in stock, though now we are low on boards and out of cables, we have more of both on order.

Are you still out of boards? If so, what's the ETA on restocking?

Activity: 49
I have several of these kits in production. They have been in production for 2+ weeks now without a problem (except overloading a UPS).

I have 4 Antminer S1s sitting sideways on a 29" deep rack shelf. At the time I did not think of rubber feet, so I stood the supplies on their sides and wire tied them to the shelf. I have also used a wire tie to keep the miners where I want them on the shelf.

This is my setup I run at work. It is half my farm. To protect it from the work network traffic (and vice versa), I have put the miners on a separate vlan.
I don't worry about getting things all together.
I just use whatever currency and payment method is cheapest to get what I want.
The cards are AWESOME!  Don't hesitate to buy one.

I've purchased 4 so far. I was just asking because it's easier to purchase everything together.

Also, he's only a couple hours away so i get it next day and i don't have to use paypal  Wink

The power supplies can be found on eBay or other places for less than $20 shipped.

The key here is this board makes plugging one in and using it so simple that don't hesitate to buy one.
I've bought two of the cards from Gigampz and the power supplies from elsewhere.

The cards are AWESOME!  Don't hesitate to buy one.

Pages:
Jump to: