Pages:
Author

Topic: [GLBSE] BDK -- LIQUIDATING UNDER NEGATIVE EQUITY PROVISION -- - page 2. (Read 21174 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
September 3 UPDATE
Dividend/unit paid: 0.0000882BTC/unit
Total dividend paid: 0.6432426BTC (0.3015558 to remaining BDK-holders, 0.3416868BTC to those who have transferred)
Running total dividends paid in September: 0.6432426BTC

(BDK units outstanding = 7293 [8378-300-785])

For those wanting BTC, this is straight-forward, and I'll run through and apply the balance changes in the next post. For those wanting BDK.BND, this is more tricky -- basically, as I see it, since I claim BDK.BND is ~7.3% less valuable than BTC, those requesting BDK.BND should receive 107.3% of dividends, or 0.0000946386BTC/unit worth of BDK.BND. (Ugh, 6am math - what the Hell am I doing?)

So... say you're the fellow with 2036 BDK looking for BDK.BND. Each unit of BDK is worth .135 when converted to BDK.BND, right? Well, with dividends, now it's effectively worth 0.1350946386BTC/unit. Instead of receiving 2749 units of BDK.BND, he should now receive (1.350946386*2036) = 2751 units of BDK.BND.

God, that was terrible. This is a trivial waste of time. Alright -- next week, when the exchanges to BDK.BND have been complete, I'll throw in a few extra BTC of dividends and that should more-or-less cover the insignificant dividend y'all missed this week. For those who wanted BTC, the revised amounts are:
500 BDK -> 62.5441BTC (BDK has been transferred in)
150 BDK -> 18.76323BTC (BDK has been transferred in)

Why don't you just send BTC for the dividends after (or before) you send the bonds?

Also, will we receive the BDK.BND interest paid today when you clear the transfers?
I'd have to send BTC to those who requested BDK.BND as a separate transaction. With this Internet connection, that's a whole lot of extra time to portion out .3BTC. BDK.BND dividends were paid early yesterday morning. Those who requested the exchange from BDK to BDK.BND will not receive yesterday's BDK.BND dividends unless they were one of the two orders I did not give a set date of exchange execution to since I did their transfers early.

The 3BTC on top of normal BDK.BND dividends on September 10th should come pretty close to covering what's owed due to this problem on top of being a bonus to current BDK.BND holders. It'd be more than enough if I gave only the "true" amount of BDK dividends to, but probably a bit less than if I gave both BDK dividends and BDK.BND dividends.

Exchanges will execute in ~1 hour. I expect it to take me 1-3 hours to process everyone. If there's anyone in this thread who either did not give me instructions or hasn't sent me the BDK units (and want to), please do so now. Failing to do so by the time I finish processing orders tonight forfeits this current voluntary offer and will keep you locked into the BDK contract (which, incidentally, changes today, I believe), including the negative equity provision which is likely to be exercised within a couple months.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.
September 3 UPDATE
Total dividend paid: 0.6432426BTC (0.3015558 to remaining BDK-holders, 0.3416868BTC to those who have transferred)

For those wanting BTC, this is straight-forward, and I'll run through and apply the balance changes in the next post. For those wanting BDK.BND, this is more tricky -- basically, as I see it, since I claim BDK.BND is ~7.3% less valuable than BTC, those requesting BDK.BND should receive 107.3% of dividends, or 0.0000946386BTC/unit worth of BDK.BND. (Ugh, 6am math - what the Hell am I doing?)

So... say you're the fellow with 2036 BDK looking for BDK.BND. Each unit of BDK is worth .135 when converted to BDK.BND, right? Well, with dividends, now it's effectively worth 0.1350946386BTC/unit. Instead of receiving 2749 units of BDK.BND, he should now receive (1.350946386*2036) = 2751 units of BDK.BND.

God, that was terrible. This is a trivial waste of time. Alright -- next week, when the exchanges to BDK.BND have been complete, I'll throw in a few extra BTC of dividends and that should more-or-less cover the insignificant dividend y'all missed this week. For those who wanted BTC, the revised amounts are:

Why don't you just send BTC for the dividends after (or before) you send the bonds?

Also, will we receive the BDK.BND interest paid today when you clear the transfers?
donator
September 3 UPDATE

donator
Here're the additional exchanges I'm aware of being requested, without responding to everyone individually (new ones and changes in bold):

10 BDK -> 14 BDK.BND (BDK has been transferred in)
500 BDK -> 62.5BTC (BDK has been transferred in)
150 BDK -> 18.75BTC (BDK has been transferred in)
320 BDK -> 432 BDK.BND (BDK has been transferred in)
20 BDK -> 27 BDK.BND (BDK has been transferred in)
100 BDK -> 135 BDK.BND (BDK has been transferred in)
372 BDK -> 503 BDK.BND (BDK has been transferred in)
220 BDK -> 297 BDK.BND (BDK has been transferred in)
2036 BDK -> 2749 BDK.BND (BDK has been transferred in)
97 BDK -> Huh (BDK has been transferred in, no instructions received by sender)
9 BDK -> Huh (BDK has been transferred in, no instructions received by sender)
40 BDK -> 54 BDK.BND (BDK has been transferred in)

These exchanges will execute on September 4th. With these accounted for, my closing stats are currently as follows:

BDK outstanding: 10,000
BDK in my account: 6581
BDK units left to close: 3419

BDK is paying dividends this week. I might get them before daughter wakes up, or else it'll be a day late. For those who have transferred BDK but not received BTC or BDK.BND, the appropriate amount of dividends will be applied to your BTC or BDK.BND balance to be transferred to you.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Good call - a decent solution for you (knowing the situation you're in) and us, (knowing we've lost significant value here). I'm not stoked with how this has worked out, but I am grateful that you're going about this is a way that preserves as much value as possible.

Thanks.
donator
Internet connection's bad enough where BitMinter keeps running out of work on 1GH :/

So, here're the additional exchanges I'm aware of being requested, without responding to everyone individually (sorry):

10 BDK -> 14 BDK.BND (BDK has been transferred in)
500 BDK -> 62.5BTC (BDK has been transferred in)
150 BDK -> 18.75BTC (BDK has been transferred in)
320 BDK -> 432 BDK.BND (BDK has NOT been transferred in)

These exchanges will execute on September 4th. With these accounted for, my closing stats are currently as follows (assuming the 320 not in my account will be):

BDK in my account: 3687
BDK units left to close: 6313

I'd advise current holders against "holding out," because the situation where the JRO debt will be paid off by someone if Pirate pays (there are other conditions which need to be met both on his part and mine) is outlandish. I don't think it's "too" unreasonable to think Pirate might pay out - eventually - but it's probably unreasonable to expect the JRO debt to be covered, and after paying out a "pre-liquidation liquidation" price to BDK-holders, BDK will likely still have negative equity until I personally inject funds.
donator
First exchange requests have been processed. I wanted to get these out of the way since I didn't set a time-frame when these two accepted the deal I offered and I appear to have something of an Internet connection ATM:
300BDK->405BDK.BND
785BDK->98.125BTC

BDK in my account: 2707
BDK units left to close: 7293

donator
I kid you not - it took me 30 minutes just to get to this god-damned page. I filed a BBB complaint against Hughesnet, but the BBB needs its own BBB, so nothing expected there. DSL company dropped contact with me suddenly. I'd ask for an update, but I'd have to sit around in the McDonald's parking lot.  Angry

Anyway - there's an important piece of information y'all should add to your calculations. An anonymous human being... - we'll call him Anon - offered me the $3xK to pay off JRO's debt in the event that Pirate pays out depositors in a timely fashion. Anon had a few conditions - most of them insisting I act illogical. So, now, in the event that my JRO debt ends up being covered by someone else, I'll initiate a forced buyback as soon as I receive funds at the contractual forced buyback price. I don't really want to expand on this at all - it's a very absurd situation.

I've come up with the concurrent BDK.BND offer, so BDK-holders have the following choices - BUT, you need to choose by September 3rd, 5pm EDT (unless it's EST. I'd check, but.... >.>). I'll process all outstanding requests some time between then and the end of September 4th. After September 4th, you've effectively selected option 3.

Options for holders of BDK:

1) Request a .125BTC/bond payout in the form of "straight BTC." Transfer bonds to Kluge:BDK on GLBSE and I will transfer the appropriate amount of BTC to your account.

2) Request a .135BTC/bond payout in the form of BDK.BND. Transfer bonds to Kluge:BDK on GLBSE and I will transfer the appropriate amount of BDK.BND to your account.

3) Hold out. If Pirate pays - when I receive the BTC promised, I'll initiate a forced buyback under the contractual terms. If Pirate doesn't pay, I write off the JRO debt, Pirate debt, and liquidate BDK, in which case, remaining BDK-holders receive practically nothing under the negative equity provision, which allows for something like $.05/bond, I believe.

If you are sending bonds back to me, please indicate, via forum PM, what you want me to do with the bonds. If I receive no instruction, I will send BTC. GLBSE records the names of everyone who sends me bonds in a nice .csv file I can also use to easily calculate what I owe everyone.

(@exa: filing against him -- a demand will almost certainly do nothing, since I don't believe he has means of obtaining income within a reasonable amount of time. For as much as I know, he could have died over a week ago. Filing against him will do nothing [less cost me thousands] for the same reason, but it'd be a gesture of goodwill toward BDK-holders to ensure I'm doing everything possible. Personally, I think it's a terrible idea, and am waiting for BDK-holders to agree so I can "humbly" say "okay, I guess I won't do that if you guys insist.")

If anyone has anything else to say to me - for the next week or so, I strongly suggest using telephone @ 814-314-9308, or email @ Benjm00@gmailDOTcom. The forum takes way too long to try loading. However, if you only have a bond "sell-back" request, please send to me via forum PM, since I'll have to do that somewhere with a faster Internet connection, anyway. Cheers, and sorry again for all of this,
Ben

ETA: Skype also works fairly well with an intermittent Internet connection. bdk_kluge
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
I'm going to extend the .125BTC/bond offer a couple days until I have time to figure stuff out. I'll also offer a concurrent offer where you can receive BDK.BND units, which I personally insure. BDK.BND will be priced favorably to just receiving a BTC payout, but I'm not sure what the offer will be, exactly.

I'm glad to hear that.  There's far too much drama and rushing into things around this forum, so taking time to sort things out puts you on top of the heap in my book.

Fwiw, so it doesn't look like I'm slouching *too* much - I'll be filing and sending a formal complaint to JRO on the 10th, preceding a formal suit. I 99.99% expect this to bring in an additional ~$2-4k loss to pay the attorney with no funds recovered, assuming there is nothing to recover.

When you say "formal complaint" are you talking about filing a lawsuit, or simply sending a formal demand letter?  A demand letter should not cost $2k.  Filing a federal suit should cost quite a bit more.

ETA: Sorry I've been away and unemotional throughout this. Hay fever season started last week, and I feel like garbage. Being on 90mg of dipoloiznifirin and 360mg of whateverthefuckeffedren just puts me to sleep.

Don't stress about it, and take your time.
For me the worst part of allergies is being drowsy and not able to sleep, so I end up feeling like a zombie all day.

donator
I'm going to extend the .125BTC/bond offer a couple days until I have time to figure stuff out. I'll also offer a concurrent offer where you can receive BDK.BND units, which I personally insure. BDK.BND will be priced favorably to just receiving a BTC payout, but I'm not sure what the offer will be, exactly.

Fwiw, so it doesn't look like I'm slouching *too* much - I'll be filing and sending a formal complaint to JRO on the 10th, preceding a formal suit. I 99.99% expect this to bring in an additional ~$2-4k loss to pay the attorney with no funds recovered, assuming there is nothing to recover.

ETA: Sorry I've been away and unemotional throughout this. Hay fever season started last week, and I feel like garbage. Being on 90mg of dipoloiznifirin and 360mg of whateverthefuckeffedren just puts me to sleep.
donator
The fact that you lost 1k in Pirate isn't relevant here.  I invested in BDK, and you said you had no pirate exposure.

Anyway, I for one would like to invoke the "Change of Contract" clause to sell you my shares for 0.125 BTC each. 

"When the contract is changed, the operator will honor the ability for shareholders to sell shares back to him at a price of .125 Bitcoins per share between the time a change is made and the time 60 days have elapsed since the change was made public."

Today is the 60th day since your announced change. 

Thanks.
I did say I had no Pirate exposure when I did not, but I was pretty blunt abut having put 1k in Pirate a few weeks ago, which is when I did. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1079489 (Not that Pirate's relevant, the 3.xk from JRO is what's been leaving me basically operating with no equity for months, now)

At any rate, I think your solution is clever and workable. Any bond-holders who make that request using the .125BTC/bond figure today will be paid out within a few days. I'm not sure if I'll extend the offer to everyone who doesn't send me a PM today, since I simply don't have 1050BTC liquid. "Today" ends in 11 hours, 30 minutes.

ETA: If you want payout ASAP, please send your BDK shares to Kluge:BDK on GLBSE. GLBSE records the sender in the .csv file which makes it very easy to send the appropriate amount of coins back to them. If you place a request today, but do not send shares -- that's okay, the .125BTC/bond price is still valid so long as you made it clear to me that you request the .125BTC/bond buyback price.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
The fact that you lost 1k in Pirate isn't relevant here.  I invested in BDK, and you said you had no pirate exposure.

Anyway, I for one would like to invoke the "Change of Contract" clause to sell you my shares for 0.125 BTC each. 

"When the contract is changed, the operator will honor the ability for shareholders to sell shares back to him at a price of .125 Bitcoins per share between the time a change is made and the time 60 days have elapsed since the change was made public."

Today is the 60th day since your announced change. 

Thanks.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Man, this is really bad news.

The investment in pirate recently was a bad move as I personaly did the oposite. I invested in BDK as you said you are clear from Pirate.
Ok, you did that decision when the shares were trading lower ... so I waited ... and now see that I've made a mistake.
But maybe you can get at least part of that debt.

Regarding JRO, I don't know much. Last I read was that it should be solved and that part of that money was blocked on MtGox account.
So I hope that you'll do EVERYTHING to get this money back.

Regarding your idea of closing down BDK and opening up IOU as a new entity - forget about it.
I know that you have in the contract that clause about negative equity but those outstanding debts are still debts ... and volountarily settling them down to get into negative equity ... that would ruine your credibility.

We've invested and we new that there are risks. You made some bad decisions and were treated badly in some good ones. That's bad luck.
But you have to fight till the end and work the way out of this. You shouldn't announce things like that you give up and want to get it settled in a cheap way while planning a new IPO ... this would effectively break your contract where you promised that you'll never sell more shares lower.

We've put our trust in you so stand up to it.
donator
BDK bondholders (not to be confused with BDK.BND bondholders) have had their "debt" incurred from operational losses wiped. It'll appear correctly on the public sheets as soon as I get to a computer where I can easily edit them on (2 days, likely). Need to make a lot of formula adjustments and in-sheet comments since it's a mid-month change.

This was originally posted in the wrong thread. Reposting here because it's extremely relevant.

Maybe you should buy back BDK before you go offline, and further erode the value of those shares. They pay virtually nothing at this point due to massive losses, and now, with you not really participating for 2-3 months, they're going to show no value increase for that time? Remember, dividends are practically non-existent on BDK, so we're looking for (positive) growth. This hasn't been happening. We're trading .08BTC below your last offering price. That's just over 50% of the last offering price!!! anyone who bought in at .18 has lost their ass. You taking time offline suggests that negative growth will continue.

Been holding onto this hoping to see some value from it, and it's apparently not going to happen. I've very disappointed in the performance of BDK (and your apparent lack of concern about this)
I'll admit I don't like the "BDK" offering at all. I have bought some shares back on the open market (not in the past couple weeks -- I'll revisit that since I haven't looked at that security in a while), but am not willing to do a forced buyback with the contract price.

I've lost something like 2kBTC in the past 2-3 months(another 3.xk if JRO has no assets or imminent income, and another 1k with Pirate). BDK is actually in serious danger of insolvency with the likely loss on the JRO debt. It's very possible BDK will be liquidated. In this case, I will effectively close BDK since I'd be operating with negative equity, which is contractually unacceptable. At that point, I'd personally inject enough funds into the company just enough to pay everyone what's owed. It's very likely I'd then re-launch "BDK" as "IOU" at that point.

So, assuming there's no hope with JRO (it is looking bleak) and Pirate (also looking grim), I need to force non-renewals on all my loans, let them all expire, liquidate BDK and pay out remaining bond-holders the contractual liquidation amount, close all deposit accounts, and inject personal funds to make that all happen so when I fully "close," there are no debts. The alternative is to liquidate BDK and then start "IOU" as a separate entity. IOU would buy BDK's liabilities for whatever funds are necessary for zeroed equity. BDK.BND would transform into IOU.BND, but I would not carry over BDK, since that's a shared-risk venture (unlike BDK.BND, which will pay out no matter what I do with BDK), and will fail if JRO doesn't repay. I have stuff going on with that... if it turns out I'm unable to collect enough to keep positive equity, then BDK will liquidate. If I do collect enough, then BDK will continue to exist as normal.

I've talked about this with a couple shareholders on Skype who make up "the Board," but I haven't been sure how to handle it publicly, since it'd seem like I'm trying to push down the price of BDK to buy back far below the price were I to go for a forced buyback option, which is true, but I'm also uninterested in paying bond-holders the marginal liquidation value. Idunno, lots of waiting to be done. I can't say anything "will" happen because I have so little control over both the giant potential losses. I should have time in a couple days to run through all the numbers and see where different situations would leave us.
donator
I/O report now has the feature nobody's requested! Charts showing data already readable with a quick glance at the relevant section! I'm not sure what's going on with the Q2 graph -- it was giving me troubles earlier. I wanted to show quarter-over-quarter earnings, but the labels were messed up no matter what I tried. I settled on just showing two quarters' earnings consecutively on a graph, but when I look at the "public" version of the spreadsheet, it shows "Access Denied." Maybe it's drawing on information in one of the hidden sheets.

Enjoy.

ETA: I've also noticed the values I enter occasionally change and revert. Comments are sometimes lost without explanation. I assume this is because I'm logged into the spreadsheet on the same account using multiple computers. I don't really see a way to resolve this while using Google Docs except to make effort to be logged in only from one computer at a time.

Relevant information: As I stated in the BDK "public" thread (it should have been posted here, not there), BDK is now taking on Pirate exposure. Exposure will be permanently capped at ~1430BTC (1428BTC + some fraction of a BTC, for a clean 100BTC/wk). Current exposure is 1kBTC -- I intend to deposit the additional ~430BTC within a week. I have entered an agreement where IOU receives 7% weekly on this balance, with interest sent back each week.

IOUcoin progress is coming along. It should be ready in roughly one month. I sent a PM to the owner/op of BitMit asking him to utilize BitMit to permit charities to really utilize Bitcoin instead of just buying USD with it. Waiting to hear back from him. It could be kind-of implemented on IOUcoin the way I envision it, but it would be quite ugly, I think. Smiley

CD and lending rates continue to decline, and I have lowered rates accordingly, in hopes of finding new lendees. I wonder if the OP for the "public" BDK thread is too "harsh." Critiques? If I did not have contacts with some of the more prominent producers in the community, there'd basically be 1800BTC invested, and 6kBTC just lying around or all in a Pirate account, so we have that going for us. Smiley Finding new lendees I'm comfortable loaning coins to has become quite difficult.

As stated previously, the "dividend blackout" will end on August 27th. All shareholder "debt" will be wiped out at that time, and dividends will resume as they should have if July wasn't an exceptionally junk-y month. The 1:1 swap offer for BDK.BND is open for a few more days. I should note I have been buying back a few hundred BDK shares here and there on the market as I see beneficial. I don't count them as G/L since I failed to correctly input them as a liability when I was initially confused over how to classify the offering. Of course, this also means BDK equity is over-reported by some TBD amount. I would enjoy having BDK recalled entirely within a few months as I dislike the risk it exposes investors to (a month and a half of no dividends, and shaky dividends in June, is embarrassing, frankly), and don't believe I'll be able to raise the volume of capital with it I initially hoped for.

Any questions, comments, disclosure requests - whatever - I'd be happy to reply. If you have a question about a specific program, however, it may already be talked about in length if you click one of the relevant links in my sig. Cheers,
Ben

Oh. ETA: I've put off the trip to SFO for a while. Idunno how long, or if I'll ever end up going. Personal/business reasons I'm not particularly interested in disclosing. When I talk about it, it leads to me smoking a pack of cigarettes in a single day. :x

Another quick addition: I don't believe I ever talked about Ghetto P&P Exchange here. Basically, I've begun providing a pen and paper ("P&P") fixed exchange service for "significant" depositors, more-or-less at cost. I both buy and sell -- users do not bet against each other, and there is no order book. Users can buy or sell Bitcoins instantly through supported CUs and banks, or through one of the slower methods. I'm also willing to do in-person transfers. This is not much of a for-profit service, and only two people have taken me up on the offer, but I hope it will go toward encouraging trust and familiarity with me among customers, as well as help ease the pain of lowering deposit/loan rates.
donator
Mining has quietly changed over to BitMinter. One of the Icarus boards have been refusing to work with CGMiner for nearly two weeks for reason I still don't understand. Surprised by how "Plug & Play" BitMinter is, though I was very skeptical about running a Java miner... web stats are updated "live" and the GUI's pretty slick when enabled.

donator
    What a complete clusterfuck of a month. I finished adding up losses from GLBSE. I was avoiding adding in losses from securities dumped on the BTC account which amounted to roughly 160BTC extra I did not previously include (though, fwiw, it's a bit of a guess as to the FMV, and how much value the securities lost due to a sudden dump on the market). In total the hack cost ~709BTC in damages between actual BTC withdrawn, the cost to forcibly buyback dumped BDK-related bonds, and the securities dumped way below FMV in the BTC account. More of a hit, losses from selling YABMC bonds during a major price crush resulted in losses of ~1235BTC. Additionally, 100BTC worth of loans were written off. In total, monthly G/L was -฿ 1,549.58. All things considered, TBH, that's not too bad, though it should be noted that relief funds sent from other lenders and associates totaled a whopping 245BTC, for which I am extremely grateful. Note that while IBB & BTC100 donation amounts do not look correct because they're negative - they are, in fact, correct, and BDK did "profit" off these charities due to massive losses this month, where the negative balance will rollover until positive, at which point I'll begin paying monthly, again (BTC100 being an exception, where I pay as new charities demand it).

An extraordinary gratuity dividend was paid to bondholders on 7/31 in the amount of 0.00035184BTC/bond.

IMPORTANT: Because of exceptional losses in addition to the YABMC loss, I have decided to extend the dividend blackout until August 27th, at which point, bondholders' dividend will start from 0, instead of being fully liable for losses (in the form of losses rolling over and dividends never being paid until the rolling balance becomes positive). Due to extreme circumstances, I will be permitting BDK-holders to exchange their BDK bonds for BDK.BND bonds in a 1-for-1 swap from now through the end of 8/8/12. BDK.BND has the advantage of paying 1% per week, guaranteed, and is not at nearly as much danger of price swings, though this comes with obvious disadvantages, too. The contract's a Hell of a lot simpler, too. Smiley I strongly encourage BDK-holders to swap for BDK.BND units. Keep in mind this is completely voluntary -- nothing about this offering is changing less the contract change going into effect on September 4th which I've already talked about at great length. You can read more about BDK.BND by clicking the link in my sig.

July 2012 Summary

Monthly Profit - --฿1,549.58
Income - ฿671.133
  • Loan interest - ฿218.45
  • Gratuities - ฿0
  • Securities Dividends - ฿117.69
  • Equities sold at a gain - ฿0
  • Misc - ฿90
  • Hack Relief Fund Cheesy - ฿245.00
Outgo - ฿2,220.72
  • CD/BDK.BND dividends - ฿168.42
  • Loan Write-Offs - ฿100.00
  • Misc - ฿8.00
  • Securities Sold At Loss - ฿1,235.33
  • Losses From Hack - ฿708.97

Other Info
Assets - ฿ 7,800.00 ($73,944.04) (yes, it literally was 7.8kBTC exactly)
  • Loans (excl. default)   - ฿2,959.98
  • Loans in Default (100BTC of this has been written off) - ฿ 172.50
  • Securities - ฿4,418.83
  • Cash-on-Hand - ฿120.00
  • Reserved USD - ฿128.69
Liabilities - ฿3,880.888 ($36,790.79)
  • BTC100 Pledge - ฿1.65
  • IBB Pledge - -฿7.96
  • BTC Deposits - ฿2,966.90
  • USD Deposits - ฿0
  • Shareholder Div. - -฿ 123.68
  • BDK.BND - ฿ 1,111.70
  • Op Performance Pay - -฿ 73.12(Consider this a loan from BDK to me. It will be repaid out of future Op Pay.)
Equity - ฿3,919.12 ($37,153.25)
Operator Personal Expenditure - ฿95.12
Shareholder Dividends - ฿3.86
BDK Growth for Month of March (profit - shareholder dividends - operator personal expenditure) - -฿1,648.56

Quick note -- numbers may not add up this month. A few calculations were fucked up by negative numbers, and I'm not sure I've totally corrected them.

ETA: Noticed a flaw. I sold more BDK.BND this month which I didn't account for, all the proceeds of which unfortunately went to the attacker. This has been corrected in my sheets and this post. The I/O report for the month has now been "finalized" and August is up.[/list]
donator
Special dividend of 2.94771552BTC paid as a gratuity for the asset being frozen a few days, and the lack of dividends, lately.
donator
Dividend calculations will be resumed on August 6th, as scheduled. I'll be making a gratuity dividend payment within a couple days in an amount that gets my wallet to a round number as an apology for the "BDK" asset being locked, and for only now realizing I never provided a single update in this particular thread. If you are unaware of the happenings in the past week, please see the "BDK" thread in my signature.

July report will be released on the 1st or 2nd of August.
donator
BDK survived its first major liquidity crunch without any major failures. For about two weeks, I had liabilities I needed to pay, but no liquid assets, which resulted in me scrambling around to get enough coins in my wallet to repay depositors. There was one CD it took me two extra days to pay out because I failed to ask about whether it'd be renewed or cashed out before the CD actually matured. Outside of that (which I compensated for generously), there was no negative impact on depositors.

I have sold my entire holding of YABMC both on the open market and privately, >16k bonds. This came with a major loss of >1kBTC over what I paid (ignoring dividends, which were ~335BTC for the duration of time I was holding them), but it was absolutely essential to BDK's survival. With >2.5kBTC of new funds, I repaid 900BTC worth of intra-lender loans I took out, paid off a $2045 USD deposit early, increased the amount I have lent out, with 1.5kBTC being held in cold storage looking for lendees, and a few hundred held as cash.

Losses in July now exceed 1kBTC. I think it is a fair compromise to not have shareholders eat their entire "liability" of that (that is, having "negative dividends" rolled over until positive again, as is how it's to work in the contract), but to have dividends suspended for a time while I recoup losses. With that in mind, I will not be paying dividends until after August 6th, at which time, shareholders will get a clean slate, with all negative dividend liability written off. Put in another way, dividends will be paid as I'm contractually obligated to (which is almost certainly nothing, but I guess it's remotely possible I could somehow profit >1kBTC in a month) until August 6th, when I will wipe any remaining "negative dividend rollover" from my spreadsheets. Then, assuming I'm profitable between August 6th and August 13th, dividends will be paid on August 13th.

If you read that and were confused by my phrasing, please ask questions, privately or publicly, and I will try to re-phrase until I'm coherent. It may help to take a look at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ao892S4MOoDZdGZSbjJVd1ZTbFVLZE5aRE95bE91NVE&gid=20 in the "Shareholder Div" cells in the "Liabilities" section on the right of the screen (F7 & G7 on my sheet).

Cheers,
Ben

ETA:
Last Valuation on 6/13 -- today is 7/12

GLBSE Securities Re-valuation (reconciliation between BDK sheets & GLBSE 5dayavg):
BitcoinTorrentz: BDK - .74BTC/share, GLBSE - .553BTC/share -- total loss of .748BTC on paper
REBATE: BDK - .172BTC/share, GLBSE - .123BTC/share -- total loss of 30.527BTC on paper
BitVPS -- BDK - 0.003125BTC/share, GLBSE - .004 -- total gain of 24.20075BTC on paper

Total securities FMV change since last valuation -- loss of 7.07425BTC.

ETA2:
Consolidated monthly report in PDF format coming at end of the month. I will not be making weekly reports unless "Shareholder Dividend" becomes positive.
Pages:
Jump to: