Pages:
Author

Topic: [GLBSE] Interest in a Thoroughbred Racehorse - page 6. (Read 14094 times)

JE2
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Satoshi's Daemon is a nice sized Louisiana-bred filly whose dam (mother) has produced all winners. We will see how she develops, but the early plan is to race her at Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans, Louisiana. Thank you to all who have joined us on this "Road to the Winner's Cirlce", as it promises to be an exciting adventure in the Sport of Kings.
Activity: 284
Merit: 251
Nice.  Slap a bitcoin sticker on her halter and snap a photo.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
I can officially say I own part of a race horse.
legendary
Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001
I was trying to find an excuse to give the glbse a try. Thank you for coming up with a completely "out of the box" way!

I'm holding a handful of those 'stocks' now, so I'll just wait until my conscience kick in, I've always thought of horse racing as animal brutality. But anything to make the bitcoin ecosystem thrive Wink

Great to have you on board!

Best of luck.
legendary
Activity: 1540
I was trying to find an excuse to give the glbse a try. Thank you for coming up with a completely "out of the box" way!

I'm holding a handful of those 'stocks' now, so I'll just wait until my conscience kick in, I've always thought of horse racing as animal brutality. But anything to make the bitcoin ecosystem thrive Wink
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
This is an extremely weird and interesting proposition lol.  I love it!

So amazing and funny.  I was on GLBSE for something else, noticed the ticker for SATOSHISDAEMON.horse, and all I can think of is something else got hacked.  I was about make a thread and did one last search to find this.   I still think this all might be a ruse.
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
GLBSE wasn't working correctly for the last few hours, seems to be back up and running now though.
legendary
Tried buying some shares.  GLBSE not allowing.

Make sure you spell the name right, its case sensitive. 

SATOSHISDAEMON.horse

copied it right from contracts.  Also copied the id neither worked.

The GLBSE can be temperamental at times. GLBSE says I have 294 left to sell from my 500 order.
Activity: 893

SATOSHISDAEMON.horse

copied it right from contracts.  Also copied the id neither worked.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

SATOSHISDAEMON.horse
Activity: 893
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Cool I used to live right next to the fairgrounds in NOLA. Smiley
legendary
i like the name.. bought a few for fun Cheesy

We appreciate your capital and the risk you're taking. Best of luck!

Activity: 667
i like the name.. bought a few for fun Cheesy
legendary

But I think you should call it something that would promote Bitcoin to non-Bitcoiners. Only those who are already interested in this currency would know of Satoshi.

I like, "Bernanke Loves Bitcoin"... that's an excellent name for a racehorse  Grin

I would have liked that as well, but had to be careful. No names of people are allowed without written consent of that person on file at the jockey club. No organization names either, which bitcoin could apply. I was somewhat worried with "Satoshi" being called a person's name, but my argument is that the name is fictitious, like "Santa Claus".

Rule #6(f): http://www.jockeyclub.com/rulebook.asp#six
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack

But I think you should call it something that would promote Bitcoin to non-Bitcoiners. Only those who are already interested in this currency would know of Satoshi.

I like, "Bernanke Loves Bitcoin"... that's an excellent name for a racehorse  Grin
legendary
Excuse my ignorance, but how often does a horse race? 

Excused.  Tongue

The horse is in training right now. Once she is in shape, she should be able to run every 3-4 weeks. Expect a month off each year as well. If all goes as planned, she should run in top condition for at least a few years under our ownership.
Excuse my ignorance, but how often does a horse race? 
legendary
So you are asking for 500 * .21 = 105 btc..   I am unclear what percentage of the profit will be distributed to the holders of the asset?   

Owners hold 10,000 BIRs and we're offering 500 of them, a 5% stake.

Whenever there is an owner distribution in USD, we'll make an equivalent distribution in bitcoins. So if SD wins $15,000 and owners take out $8,000 of it, we'll make a 1,600 btc dividend (with bitcoins at $5 each), or 0.16 / interest. We'll essentially be paying ourselves 95% of the 1,600 btc.
So you are asking for 500 * .21 = 105 btc..   I am unclear what percentage of the profit will be distributed to the holders of the asset?   
Pages:
Jump to: