Pages:
Author

Topic: GLBSE is offline We will update our users on Saturday. - page 12. (Read 51500 times)

Activity: 240
Merit: 250
GLBSE has been closed

I'm sorry to inform all our users that GLBSE is no longer able to continue operating, and has now closed.

Q: What does this mean if I'm an issuer?

We will do everything in our power to make the process of moving off GLBSE as smooth as possible, we are currently working on a simple, safe, and easy to use method that will allow you to continue your relationship with your asset holders

Q:I'm a GLBSE user, what about my assets and my bitcoin?

You will be able to get back your bitcoin, and if you want to reveal your username, email, and a bitcoin address to accept payments with, you can continue your relationship with the issuer of any assets you hold.

We will begin retuning bitcoin once we have recieved all coins from the GLBSE treasurer that manages the GLBSE cash reserves. BitcoinGlobal (GLBSE's partent company) shareholders and board voted for them to be returned immediately, we are awaiting compliance with this order.
Activity: 377
Merit: 253
Now don't take this the wrong way, but I would seriously advice all of you to panic right about now.

In this situation my panic or not doesn't change pretty anything.

There is nothing I can do. Smiley gonna take some barbecue with friends.
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
the Bitcoins that you had in your account will be returned. Bitcoins that were used to buy assets cannot be returned by GLBSE because they were traded for the asset,  the issuer of that asset has those bitcoins.

That's if Nefario and/or Theymos give us back the bitcoins. If i judge how the whole story evolved until now, (there wasn't even a warning ) there is little chance to get our bitcoins back.  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
I was planning to get fully verified on glbse and launch an IPO... Pretty glad I didn't now.
Personally, more than I'm worried about my own funds on glbse (not a whole lot, about 35BTC) I'm worried about the implications for current asset issuers, who are likely as not violating federal securities law (if US based).

Does anyone have anything about the legal implications of doing a bitcoin IPO in the UK?

GLBSE is in the UK. I think that should answer your question. :-)
Activity: 183

You will be able to get back your bitcoin, and if you want to reveal your username, email, and a bitcoin address to accept payments with, you can continue your relationship with the issuer of any assets you hold.

Does this mean that btc will be returned at IPO price? I'm confused.
How will we have our Bitcoins returned that are tied up in assets?

the Bitcoins that you had in your account will be returned. Bitcoins that were used to buy assets cannot be returned by GLBSE because they were traded for the asset,  the issuer of that asset has those bitcoins.

Hence
you can continue your relationship with the issuer of any assets you hold.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Does this mean that btc will be returned at IPO price? I'm confused.
How will we have our Bitcoins returned that are tied up in assets?
legendary
Activity: 1449
Bitcoin is ready to drop this piece of whit forum with everything it represents and move to completely new location.
Not only 90% of BTC "businesses" are total scam, this forum is owner(s) and its pompous moderators are scammers too. You can not expect anything good from a cesspool like this.
Fuck you all for lying to this community every fucking day and supporting scammers like Trendon Shavers, Nefario and obviously theymos, who wanted to dump his share of that shit on the community.

Theymos, do you have balls to tag yourself as a scammer? LOL!

Bitcoin's inherent attractiveness  has apparently attracted the worst kind of people ( ok, not all of you.....).
 and "moving Bitcoin"  is impossible because Bitcoin is the people that use it. 
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I was planning to get fully verified on glbse and launch an IPO... Pretty glad I didn't now.
Personally, more than I'm worried about my own funds on glbse (not a whole lot, about 35BTC) I'm worried about the implications for current asset issuers, who are likely as not violating federal securities law (if US based).

Does anyone have anything about the legal implications of doing a bitcoin IPO in the UK?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

its got nothing to do with this. No one is saying bitcoin itself is illegal in the US, EU, India or elsewhere.
But now go look up your local laws regarding securities.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
Activity: 125
Bitcoin is ready to drop this piece of whit forum with everything it represents and move to completely new location.
Not only 90% of BTC "businesses" are total scam, this forum is owner(s) and its pompous moderators are scammers too. You can not expect anything good from a cesspool like this.
Fuck you all for lying to this community every fucking day and supporting scammers like Trendon Shavers, Nefario and obviously theymos, who wanted to dump his share of that shit on the community.

I have a fledgeling forum stood up if a small number of you want to be my bitchesbeta testers.  As usual, my rule of "I don't owe anyone anything," applies, so no ads, donations, etc. unless I change my mind.  No free for alls and no bullshit, except of course I'll have to put a "trolling" flag on posts, now that I think about it.

PM me if you want to help build out the structure and content and help me prioritize functionality and defect resolution.  Cool kids only.

Just wait until you realize that no matter where you move the game, the scammers will always follow.  Sorry, but bitcoin is for scammers.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic

Same crap, different place?
Sorry, but this is the end of this funny internet money. Money means trust. Without trust has no value since you can't do anything with it.
For serious money there is already gold and silver. No need of strange inventions.
And now I am going to sell my VGAs and forget about this huge waste of time and money.
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

Activity: 350
Merit: 257
Trust No One
looks like half of the bitcoin economy is heading down the toilet  Roll Eyes
Activity: 745
Merit: 501
Nefario, theymos has no control on the GLBSE website directly.
donator
Activity: 1120
GLBSE has been closed

I'm sorry to inform all our users that GLBSE is no longer able to continue operating, and has now closed.

Q: What does this mean if I'm an issuer?

We will do everything in our power to make the process of moving off GLBSE as smooth as possible, we are currently working on a simple, safe, and easy to use method that will allow you to continue your relationship with your asset holders

We will begin retuning bitcoin once we have recieved all coins from the GLBSE treasurer that manages the GLBSE cash reserves. BitcoinGlobal (GLBSE's partent company) shareholders and board voted for them to be returned immediately, we are awaiting compliance with this order.

This is copied from the GLBSE.com

First question, who has put this up on the front page? Is it nefario or theymos?
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
Activity: 557
Merit: 500
I think Nefario has only 32 hours from now to post an updates.

I'll hold my breath, just like I did for Pirate.

I'm calling on Loup to inject some humor.  Replace "Postal Service" with "SEC" and "Thai honey" with "unlicensed securities". 

Pleeeeez?  I need a good laugh about now...
Activity: 868
The problem is that out of a couple hundred about 75% of them are crap. 

Skim.  I find it more of a problem that we end up with multiple threads across multiple forums each of which will contain a little bit of relevant and valid information.  I'd much rather have one or two central threads where information is located and skim through those than have to go hunting for information all over the forums and miss some of it because it's located in non-intuitive places.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
When a thread like this gets to be 14 pages long (or more), does anyone actually read EVERY post or do people just read the last few and feel the need to chime in?

Not on here they don't.  A few hundred posts is apparently too many to read to become informed.  Given the relatively short life-span of most things Bitcoin, I guess there's no need to develop a long attention span.
The problem is that out of a couple hundred about 75% of them are crap. 
Pages:
Jump to: