Pages:
Author

Topic: GMiner v3.24 Ergo+KASPA+ZIL/KAWPOW/Equihash/Cortex - page 10. (Read 306464 times)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
GMiner v2.75 available for download

v2.75
+ major performance improvement for LHR GPUs on Ethash algorithm
+ improved auto-tuning for LHR GPUs
+ changed developer fee to 1% on Ethash algorithm (all major Ethash miners has fee 1%)

So meaning for people who has no lhr gpus then better to keep using the 2.74v as fee is at 0.65%? What about if you could do, if gpu = lhr then fee 1% if not then 0.65% that would have been better, what do you think?

Plus mining profits is lower and lower, soon pool and miner fee would be a death situation for many miners, especially when they will be mining with negative profits.

Also you miner devs know that only small to mid scale miners use your softwares, big farms have their own software and they also don't use pools. So big scale miners dont pay that 2% fee.
Activity: 488
Merit: 37
GMiner v2.75 available for download

v2.75
+ major performance improvement for LHR GPUs on Ethash algorithm
+ improved auto-tuning for LHR GPUs
+ changed developer fee to 1% on Ethash algorithm (all major Ethash miners has fee 1%)
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.
Where can we download this? There is no link in the OP

It is on the first page under the heading Resources the github link.

Found it, Thanks!!

Do you know the parameters for mining Votecoin? Hashrate is very low so I am going to download GMiner for that, I hope its the correct miner. Just dont know the right parameteres.
Activity: 325
Merit: 42

It is on the first page under the heading Resources the github link.
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hello,

I'm new to using Gminer. I used the DL link from Github directly from this forum. I successfully ran the program on 2 rigs starting about 4 days ago. When I went to get it again for my main rig it came up with a warning Trojan:Win32/TrickBot!ml and the infected file was the miner.exe. Is this normal? It didn't pop up on the other 2 downloads from a couple days ago. Just wondering what I should do? Thanks!

If you downloaded it from GMiner's link on the first page you are fine. It happens quite often that antivirus programs give trojan/virus alarms with mining software, but you should always take care where you download your miner from. In other words always download from the link provided by the miner on the first page.

We all are not idiot and know where to download the right gminer software. So let's stop to redirect people where is the right place for downloading. Let's focus to the main question:

Version 2.70 doesn't show viruses but all after that are marked as malware? Why?
Could you share with us which piece of code  is the difference between the versiona and is the reason to be detected as a virus?

I can´t confirm this.

Virustotal say:
2.74 = 17 security vendors flagged this file as malicious
2.70 = 24 security vendors flagged this file as malicious
2.66 = 24 security vendors flagged this file as malicious

So it is normal i think.

Results for the lolminer 1.38 for example show me 29 security vendors and 1 sandbox flagged this file as malicious.

What is the software used for your tests?? I was talking about checking the gminer with Virustotal - check that 2.70 doesn't show viruses but 2.74 shows - this is on Virustotal - that's why I was asked to show the code that make this difference between 2 versions

You read my post? I checked it with Virustotal. All versions a flagged as malicious. You can test every miner and you will get a malicious flag.
Phoenixminer are flagged by 43 security vendors XD

Gminer 2.70 results
https://abload.de/img/gminer_2.70dxj7b.jpg

here is my result! The difference is because you are using windows version of gminer - I use the linux one! In linux there is difference in version 2.74 and 2.70 ( the first one is flages as virus, 2.70 is clean - check the link). The last Phoenixminer version under linux also doesn't show viruses! I don't care about Windows ( the empire of evil ) it is viruses by default .

Gminer 2.70 results
https://abload.de/img/gminermijru.png

The point is, the malicious detection can change with every version, because new code inside. T-Rex miner linux version also shows malicious.
You must see the overall point, and not starting Linux and Windows bashing, it is senseless.
Why should they do other stuff in the Linux version than in the Windows version? But you say you don't care about the Windows version, so you don't care about anyone - Selfish?
Virustotal cannot scan the Linux miner file complete by the way  Wink only 56 of 65 security vendors
Linux don´t care me, but i am here to discuss about it. If you have problems with the malicious detection, use other miner or go back to 2.70.

Don´t spread fud, this will help no one.

I just took a quick look at it, it does look suspicious.

It use anti-debugging techniques and parts of the binary is packed.
Just like it's trying to hide something...  Question is why, it's open source so why try to evade debuggers and pack the binary?
Activity: 11
Hi ! I'm on HiveOS. I want want to dual mine ETH and Zil. Can you explain me how manage the flightsheet to mine ETH with ethermine and Zil with Ezil ? Thank you
Activity: 64
Which OS Windows/Linux?
Windows 10:
Win10

The problem with pools is not in gminer, but in my provider. I just need gminer to shutdown itself or restart my computer if there is no connection.
Sometimes the connection to the pool disappears and the miner works idle all night. Only restarting the computer helps. But Gminer tries to connect to the pool and does not shutdown, although I specified --watchdog_restart_delay 60 and --watchdog_mod 1. How do I programmatically force gminer to reload the rig or just close the bat-file's window if the pool connection is lost?
Win10

Which OS Windows/Linux?
Activity: 64
Sometimes the connection to the pool disappears and the miner works idle all night. Only restarting the computer helps. But Gminer tries to connect to the pool and does not shutdown, although I specified --watchdog_restart_delay 60 and --watchdog_mod 1. How do I programmatically force gminer to reload the rig or just close the bat-file's window if the pool connection is lost?
Win10
Activity: 1
Hello Everyone

Do any guys know how to set GMiner to use proxy with socks5 username and password?

Thanks so much
Activity: 17
Merit: 1

The point is, the malicious detection can change with every version, because new code inside. T-Rex miner linux version also shows malicious.
You must see the overall point, and not starting Linux and Windows bashing, it is senseless.

You missed the point!

Why are you arguing about obvious things and trying to convince someone of something you are wrong about Huh

IN LINUX THE OLD VERSION (2.70) DOES NOT SHOW MALICIOUS BUT THE LAST ONE (2.74 ) DOES.

So what's the conclusion? It seems that in new LINUX version there is some piece of code  that is suspicious that's why in my post I asked to see the difference! See my post before you join this part of discussion please.

"Why should they do other stuff in the Linux version than in the Windows version? " - Because they are 2 different OS that's why and they use different libraries for everyone and the windows libs are compromised ( or at least suspicious ) and so on and so on...  The logic is the same for coding but codes for different OS are different to some degree!

"You must see the overall point, and not starting Linux and Windows bashing, it is senseless." - just like you do by editing your post??? Thank you for the good example you set yourself !

"If you have problems with the malicious detection, use other miner or go back to 2.70." - I'm using now Phoenixminer because of this problem and not only. I use it under duress because of this and other problems, which does not mean that I do not want to continue using it after this is cleared in the next version! That's why I'm writing here, and what are you writing about? Maybe you get the percentage of Gminer profits ?Take the last as sarcasm!

learn to read a changelog and think.

Don't you think the difference is in a piece of code that is used to make states for a contest?

if you are under linux, you can easily see who goes in and out of your network card unless you also only know how to put an iso on a usb key and boot it stupidly leaving the hiveos password: "1"  Grin

"Don't you think the difference is in a piece of code that is used to make states for a contest?" - No I don't think this. Do you think this piece of code is because those way the code could send to devs any valuable iformation about your assets? Who is right?

"learn to read a changelog and think." - I can't! But please if you can - could you share with me/us what this changelog tells us? And how accurate is this changelog of real changes? Do you have access to the code or you just read to changelog written by someone?

I'm under linux but for someone with skill to create cryptomining soft is a piece of cake to clear the logs for his remote activity.

And at the end .. what valuable info brings your post to us? Do you help me? NO! Did you spam the topic - YES!

I came here to ask for answer not to argue with people! Slogans such as  "learn, try.. don't you think bla bla bla " do not help with anything

I'm really tired of people like you!

We are also fed up with the kid who buys gpu to spam the subjects because he cannot read a changelog.

It's always the same question and therefore expect the same answer.

if you were so smart you would have seen that there was the same problem when he did the same contest, so this results in a piece of heart coded for contest creating false positives

So an advise, resell your gpu, or go to stale other topics of your ignorant but we also are fed up with people like you who rot youtuber's cut and paste settings pools.

have a bad christmas Smiley

You are complete IDIOT!

version 2.70 doesn't have problem with the same virus detection tool - virustotal
BUT verion 2.71 and  2.72 have problem with virus detection!

this three versions AREN'T INVOLVED IN THIS CONTEST!!!!

LEARN TO READ CHANGELOG KIDDO
and write to Santa to bring you a brain as a gift

Have a GOOD CHRISTMAS
Activity: 152
Merit: 3

You missed the point!

Why are you arguing about obvious things and trying to convince someone of something you are wrong about Huh

IN LINUX THE OLD VERSION (2.70) DOES NOT SHOW MALICIOUS BUT THE LAST ONE (2.74 ) DOES.

So what's the conclusion? It seems that in new LINUX version there is some piece of code  that is suspicious that's why in my post I asked to see the difference! See my post before you join this part of discussion please.

"Why should they do other stuff in the Linux version than in the Windows version? " - Because they are 2 different OS that's why and they use different libraries for everyone and the windows libs are compromised ( or at least suspicious ) and so on and so on...  The logic is the same for coding but codes for different OS are different to some degree!

"You must see the overall point, and not starting Linux and Windows bashing, it is senseless." - just like you do by editing your post??? Thank you for the good example you set yourself !

"If you have problems with the malicious detection, use other miner or go back to 2.70." - I'm using now Phoenixminer because of this problem and not only. I use it under duress because of this and other problems, which does not mean that I do not want to continue using it after this is cleared in the next version! That's why I'm writing here, and what are you writing about? Maybe you get the percentage of Gminer profits ?Take the last as sarcasm!

Don't you think the difference is in a piece of code that is used to make states for a contest?

if you are under linux, you can easily see who goes in and out of your network card unless you also only know how to put an iso on a usb key and boot it stupidly leaving the hiveos password: "1"  Grin

"Don't you think the difference is in a piece of code that is used to make states for a contest?" - No I don't think this. Do you think this piece of code is because those way the code could send to devs any valuable iformation about your assets? Who is right?

"learn to read a changelog and think." - I can't! But please if you can - could you share with me/us what this changelog tells us? And how accurate is this changelog of real changes? Do you have access to the code or you just read to changelog written by someone?

I'm under linux but for someone with skill to create cryptomining soft is a piece of cake to clear the logs for his remote activity.

And at the end .. what valuable info brings your post to us? Do you help me? NO! Did you spam the topic - YES!

I came here to ask for answer not to argue with people! Slogans such as  "learn, try.. don't you think bla bla bla " do not help with anything

We are also fed up with the kid who buys gpu to spam the subjects because he cannot read a changelog.

It's always the same question and therefore expect the same answer.

if you were so smart you would have seen that there was the same problem when he did the same contest, so this results in a piece of heart coded for contest creating false positives

So an advise, resell your gpu, or go to stale other topics of your ignorant but we also are fed up with people like you who rot youtuber's cut and paste settings pools.

have a bad christmas Smiley
Activity: 17
Merit: 1

You missed the point!

Activity: 152
Merit: 3

You missed the point!

I found out what the problem was, but it's still a bit unnerving. I was using the Brave browser with Tor because I was too lazy to install the Tor browser for now.. Trying without the Tor privacy option it works. And with Tor option but the Brave shields off it still doesn't work so my conclusion is that Ethermine pool is blocking some functionality through Tor, which sucks. Maybe it's something else and would like to be proven wrong, but if it is I'm gonna switch pool as soon as I get my 1st payment.
Why are they blocking people from protecting themselves against tyrannical governments ?! Sorry, it pisses me off. This means that you won't be able to check your mining status / modify payments using Tor.

Can someone try their address through Tor to confirm ?  (You can use Brave browser with privacy with Tor option or Tor browser itself).

I don't use tor but my mining line is
miner --api 10050 --pec 2 --electricity_costs 0.28 --algo ethash sratum+ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555.worker1

For having it in a config file:

# run "miner --config ethermine.conf"
[common]
algo=ethash
color=1
watchdog=1
pec=1
electricity_cost=0.3
api=10050
#logfile=miner.log
#contest_wallet=yourwallet
# Main pool
[server]
host=eu1.ethermine.org
port=5555
user=yourwallet.worker1
pass=x

# Failover pool, you can specify unlimited number of failover pools
[server]
host=us1.ethermine.org
port=5555
user=yourwallet.worker1
pass=x

You can add or hash out options.
Hope this helps.
Can someone please confirm that it's not necessary to include
Code:
"--proto stratum
on the options ? Granted I'm probably an idiot but I've mined some stuff some years ago and can for the heck of me find out why my address is not showing up on Ethermine pool. I've started the miner more than two hours ago and it still doesn't show up.
I've found out that the default option is
Code:
proxy
, but I've spent some hours searching around and seen many forum/tutorials that completely omit specifying the
Code:
--proto
option.

My batch file (don't laugh....):
Code:
miner --algo ethash --server eu1.ethermine.org:4444 --user 0x337233d1b03da75849471f3e1aacbea7ee582a7d.worker1

I've veryfind the address as a valid address on some online address verifier.
Everything seems to be working fine (but again, been many years since I've mined anything), with shares being reported as accepted and good efficiency.  Angry

Just restarted the rig to but everything seems to be the same...

Thanks!

I found out what the problem was, but it's still a bit unnerving. I was using the Brave browser with Tor because I was too lazy to install the Tor browser for now.. Trying without the Tor privacy option it works. And with Tor option but the Brave shields off it still doesn't work so my conclusion is that Ethermine pool is blocking some functionality through Tor, which sucks. Maybe it's something else and would like to be proven wrong, but if it is I'm gonna switch pool as soon as I get my 1st payment.
Why are they blocking people from protecting themselves against tyrannical governments ?! Sorry, it pisses me off. This means that you won't be able to check your mining status / modify payments using Tor.

Can someone try their address through Tor to confirm ?  (You can use Brave browser with privacy with Tor option or Tor browser itself).

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Help

Hello Everyone

I`m new here on mining, and use GMiner, and the aplication says i have 240 shares verified and accepted, but when i search on BitFly for my wallet address show i have 26 accepted,

It is that normal?

Where i see what really is my work?

Thanks

IFAIK Gminer gives the total of shares mined since start ethermine.org/bitfly only reports the last hour.
What GPU are you using and which coin?
Help

Hello Everyone

I`m new here on mining, and use GMiner, and the aplication says i have 240 shares verified and accepted, but when i search on BitFly for my wallet address show i have 26 accepted,

It is that normal?

Where i see what really is my work?

Thanks
Activity: 621
Merit: 108
Latest version is easily hacked and shares stollen. Email sent to developers. Hackers group from Shumen city , Bulgaria hacked latest version and used it to steal shares. Proved.

Proved by who? When? Source? I only see empty FUD here.
Pages:
Jump to: