Pages:
Author

Topic: GMiner v3.24 Ergo+KASPA+ZIL/KAWPOW/Equihash/Cortex - page 11. (Read 306482 times)

Activity: 325
Merit: 42
Latest version is easily hacked and shares stollen. Email sent to developers. Hackers group from Shumen city , Bulgaria hacked latest version and used it to steal shares. Proved.

Provide the links otherwise it is FUD.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Latest version is easily hacked and shares stollen. Email sent to developers. Hackers group from Shumen city , Bulgaria hacked latest version and used it to steal shares. Proved.
Activity: 17
Merit: 1

The point is, the malicious detection can change with every version, because new code inside. T-Rex miner linux version also shows malicious.
You must see the overall point, and not starting Linux and Windows bashing, it is senseless.

Don´t spread fud, this will help no one.

You missed the point!

Why are you arguing about obvious things and trying to convince someone of something you are wrong about Huh

IN LINUX THE OLD VERSION (2.70) DOES NOT SHOW MALICIOUS BUT THE LAST ONE (2.74 ) DOES.

So what's the conclusion? It seems that in new LINUX version there is some piece of code  that is suspicious that's why in my post I asked to see the difference! See my post before you join this part of discussion please.

"Why should they do other stuff in the Linux version than in the Windows version? " - Because they are 2 different OS that's why and they use different libraries for everyone and the windows libs are compromised ( or at least suspicious ) and so on and so on...  The logic is the same for coding but codes for different OS are different to some degree!

"You must see the overall point, and not starting Linux and Windows bashing, it is senseless." - just like you do by editing your post??? Thank you for the good example you set yourself !

"If you have problems with the malicious detection, use other miner or go back to 2.70." - I'm using now Phoenixminer because of this problem and not only. I use it under duress because of this and other problems, which does not mean that I do not want to continue using it after this is cleared in the next version! That's why I'm writing here, and what are you writing about? Maybe you get the percentage of Gminer profits ?Take the last as sarcasm!
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69
Hello,

I'm new to using Gminer. I used the DL link from Github directly from this forum. I successfully ran the program on 2 rigs starting about 4 days ago. When I went to get it again for my main rig it came up with a warning Trojan:Win32/TrickBot!ml and the infected file was the miner.exe. Is this normal? It didn't pop up on the other 2 downloads from a couple days ago. Just wondering what I should do? Thanks!

If you downloaded it from GMiner's link on the first page you are fine. It happens quite often that antivirus programs give trojan/virus alarms with mining software, but you should always take care where you download your miner from. In other words always download from the link provided by the miner on the first page.

We all are not idiot and know where to download the right gminer software. So let's stop to redirect people where is the right place for downloading. Let's focus to the main question:

Version 2.70 doesn't show viruses but all after that are marked as malware? Why?
Could you share with us which piece of code  is the difference between the versiona and is the reason to be detected as a virus?

I can´t confirm this.

Virustotal say:
2.74 = 17 security vendors flagged this file as malicious
2.70 = 24 security vendors flagged this file as malicious
2.66 = 24 security vendors flagged this file as malicious

So it is normal i think.

Results for the lolminer 1.38 for example show me 29 security vendors and 1 sandbox flagged this file as malicious.

What is the software used for your tests?? I was talking about checking the gminer with Virustotal - check that 2.70 doesn't show viruses but 2.74 shows - this is on Virustotal - that's why I was asked to show the code that make this difference between 2 versions

You read my post? I checked it with Virustotal. All versions a flagged as malicious. You can test every miner and you will get a malicious flag.
Phoenixminer are flagged by 43 security vendors XD

Gminer 2.70 results

here is my result! The difference is because you are using windows version of gminer - I use the linux one! In linux there is difference in version 2.74 and 2.70 ( the first one is flages as virus, 2.70 is clean - check the link). The last Phoenixminer version under linux also doesn't show viruses! I don't care about Windows ( the empire of evil ) it is viruses by default .

Gminer 2.70 results

The point is, the malicious detection can change with every version, because new code inside. T-Rex miner linux version also shows malicious.
You must see the overall point, and not starting Linux and Windows bashing, it is senseless.
Why should they do other stuff in the Linux version than in the Windows version? But you say you don't care about the Windows version, so you don't care about anyone - Selfish?
Virustotal cannot scan the Linux miner file complete by the way  Wink only 56 of 65 security vendors
Linux don´t care me, but i am here to discuss about it. If you have problems with the malicious detection, use other miner or go back to 2.70.

Don´t spread fud, this will help no one.

Hello,

I'm new to using Gminer. I used the DL link from Github directly from this forum. I successfully ran the program on 2 rigs starting about 4 days ago. When I went to get it again for my main rig it came up with a warning Trojan:Win32/TrickBot!ml and the infected file was the miner.exe. Is this normal? It didn't pop up on the other 2 downloads from a couple days ago. Just wondering what I should do? Thanks!

If you downloaded it from GMiner's link on the first page you are fine. It happens quite often that antivirus programs give trojan/virus alarms with mining software, but you should always take care where you download your miner from. In other words always download from the link provided by the miner on the first page.

We all are not idiot and know where to download the right gminer software. So let's stop to redirect people where is the right place for downloading. Let's focus to the main question:

Version 2.70 doesn't show viruses but all after that are marked as malware? Why?
Could you share with us which piece of code  is the difference between the versiona and is the reason to be detected as a virus?

I can´t confirm this.

Virustotal say:

So it is normal i think.

Results for the lolminer 1.38 for example show me 29 security vendors and 1 sandbox flagged this file as malicious.

What is the software used for your tests?? I was talking about checking the gminer with Virustotal - check that 2.70 doesn't show viruses but 2.74 shows - this is on Virustotal - that's why I was asked to show the code that make this difference between 2 versions

You read my post? I checked it with Virustotal. All versions a flagged as malicious. You can test every miner and you will get a malicious flag.

Gminer 2.70 results
https://abload.de/img/gminer_2.70dxj7b.jpg

here is my result! The difference is because you are using windows version of gminer - I use the linux one! In linux there is difference in version 2.74 and 2.70 ( the first one is flages as virus, 2.70 is clean - check the link). The last Phoenixminer version under linux also doesn't show viruses! I don't care about Windows ( the empire of evil ) it is viruses by default .

Gminer 2.70 results
https://abload.de/img/gminermijru.png
Hello,

I can´t confirm this.

Virustotal say:

So it is normal i think.

Gminer 2.70 results

Hello,

I can´t confirm this.

Virustotal say:

So it is normal i think.

Hello,

Could you share with us which piece of code  is the difference between the versiona and is the reason to be detected as a virus?

First no one thinks he is an idiot, certainly not me, secondly I didn't redirect anyone only confirmed where he downloaded gminer and thirdly I leave it up to you and/or others to find the differences
Hello,

I can´t confirm this.

Virustotal say:

So it is normal i think.

Hello,

Could you share with us which piece of code  is the difference between the versiona and is the reason to be detected as a virus?
Hello,

Activity: 438
Merit: 27
Yout GPU has got only 4GB RAM and you need a GPU with more than 4GB.
Activity: 1
I use GMiner v2.74, gpu 4gb, error message:

08:31:19 Nvidia Driver: 442.19
08:31:19 Connected to us2.ethermine.org:4444 [Proxy 127.0.0.1]
08:31:20 Authorized on Stratum Server
08:31:20 New Job: 739c3dcd Epoch: #460 Block: #13813012 Diff: 4.295G
08:31:20 Started Mining on GPU0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB [0000:01:00.0]
08:31:21 New Job: e85ca209 Epoch: #460 Block: #13813012 Diff: 4.295G
08:31:23 New Job: bab3f9f5 Epoch: #460 Block: #13813012 Diff: 4.295G
08:31:23 Error on GPU0: out of memory
08:31:23 Stopped Mining on GPU0
08:31:24 Miner terminated, watchdog will restart process after 10 seconds

Activity: 3
Hello,

You are correct i didnt read the whole inital message.

The problem appears to be in your OS upgrade...because under ubuntu i am able to currently run 2.61 - 2.74 each version on 1070 rig no issue.
Maybe roll back to 33 and keep using 2.70.   Or stay on PM. 

+1 merit for you for misreading you original post and being pleasant about it Wink

Wink np, everything is ok

I'm under fedora, all seems to work just perfect ( I mean new drivers NVIDIA-SMI 495.44       Driver Version: 470.86  and CUDA ) . I really like Gminer it will be a pity to leave it after having worked with it for so long without any problems.

OK thanks anyway, I will continue to investigate the problem!
Activity: 1264
Merit: 138
Hello GMiner devs

I have this issue. I was with fedora 33 OS and have used gminer 2.70 version without any problem. But i decided to upgrade to the latest distro fedora 35 .  I also upgraded to the latest Nvidia drivers at the time of OS upgrading.

After the upgrade my Gminer doesn't work and when start it shows this

"Miner terminated, watchdog will restart process after 10 seconds"

I decided to download the latest Gminer version 2.74 but when I check it with virustotal it shows that has viruses malware  ( the version 2.70 and bellow didn't have this issue ) so I didn't dare to use it.
( https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/95c227fb11899a504e21e5082646bf566a14d513ef98e8ca0f795d9d13ebc799 )

So my question is - what could be the problem with 2.70 version and is this a reported issue already .. how to manage with that problem?

Just to inform that my GPUS (NVIDIA GTX 1070 ) works OK with Phoenixminer but for some reason they stopped to work with Gminer after the upgrade.

Did you go to the first post of this thread and download from the link provided by OP?
If you did then both linux and windows 2.74 show ZERO on virustotal.
You can go check yourself.  I just did both.

You most likely got them from a malware site because the files on the offical OP site are clean.

Be careful and always got to the OPs listed D/L site….nowhere else for miner software.

Thanks for you reply.
I downloaded Gminer from the official github repository - and if you check the linux version it has been detected as malware by some of the soft on Virustotal  - check the link in my  first post. ( unzip the archive and check "miner" file for linux version )

Something isnt right with your first link...

Here is the current link of 2.74 from OPs 1st post link

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/a54e1fd622482186c96034c4c1a2a8ece0839624baaf716e9024873332c3a08b

Zero detected.  Notice how mine even shows it going to the file linked by the OPs page...not to the unnamed virus file you are showing. :

http://gminer.pro/downloads?res=gminer_2_74_linux64.tar.xz
gminer.pro

Your link shows this:

95c227fb11899a504e21e5082646bf566a14d513ef98e8ca0f795d9d13ebc799
miner

See the difference...you did not get the file you checked off the official site.

Plain and simple ... with proof.

You don't read my post carefully!!!!!!!!

Please don't upload the whole gminer_2_74_linux64.tar.xz to Virustotal in order to be checked for viruses but ONLY 'miner' FILE - it is the real one executable file that starts on the pc, all other files are just txt files with bash comands!
Virustotal will not detect anything in the archive file!!! BUT if you check the files inside gminer_2_74_linux64.tar.xz you will find the 'miner' file it  is executed when you start the mining procedure - this file is 'miner' - THE LINK I PROVIDE HERE WITH MY FIRST POST SHOWS THE RESULTS EXACT FOR THIS FILE WHICH IS INSIDE THE ARCHIVE  gminer_2_74_linux64.tar.xz!!!
'Plain and simple ... with proof.' - FOR WHAT PROOF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?HuhHuh

DID YOU CHECK THIS FILE 'MINER' Huh?  DO YOU KNOW THIS FILE IS INSIDE gminer_2_74_linux64.tar.xz ARCHIVE? OPEN IT! SEE IT! CHECK IT WITH VIRUSTOTAL AND SHOW US THE RESULT PLEASE!

And please if you can't help me with the problem I explained in my first post just stop to reply me. There is no sense .. I don't want to insult you but you event don't know how to check this for viruses. Really sorry for that but I'm sure we all don't have time to argue about nonsense.

I'm waiting and will be grateful for an answer from the real gminer dev or from a person with knowledge experiencing  the same problem explained by me in my first post.

Thanks in advance.

You are correct i didnt read the whole inital message.

The problem appears to be in your OS upgrade...because under ubuntu i am able to currently run 2.61 - 2.74 each version on 1070 rig no issue.
Maybe roll back to 33 and keep using 2.70.   Or stay on PM. 

+1 merit for you for misreading you original post and being pleasant about it Wink

Hello GMiner devs

I have this issue. I was with fedora 33 OS and have used gminer 2.70 version without any problem. But i decided to upgrade to the latest distro fedora 35 .  I also upgraded to the latest Nvidia drivers at the time of OS upgrading.

I decided to download the latest Gminer version 2.74 but when I check it with virustotal it shows that has viruses malware  ( the version 2.70 and bellow didn't have this issue ) so I didn't dare to use it.
( https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/95c227fb11899a504e21e5082646bf566a14d513ef98e8ca0f795d9d13ebc799 )

So my question is - what could be the problem with 2.70 version and is this a reported issue already .. how to manage with that problem?

Just to inform that my GPUS (NVIDIA GTX 1070 ) works OK with Phoenixminer but for some reason they stopped to work with Gminer after the upgrade.

Did you go to the first post of this thread and download from the link provided by OP?

You most likely got them from a malware site because the files on the offical OP site are clean.

Be careful and always got to the OPs listed D/L site….nowhere else for miner software.

Thanks for you reply.
I downloaded Gminer from the official github repository - and if you check the linux version it has been detected as malware by some of the soft on Virustotal  - check the link in my  first post. ( unzip the archive and check "miner" file for linux version )

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/a54e1fd622482186c96034c4c1a2a8ece0839624baaf716e9024873332c3a08b

Zero detected.  Notice how mine even shows it going to the file linked by the OPs page...not to the unnamed virus file you are showing. :

gminer.pro

Your link shows this:

miner

See the difference...you did not get the file you checked off the official site.

You don't read my post carefully!!!!!!!!

Please don't upload the whole gminer_2_74_linux64.tar.xz to Virustotal in order to be checked for viruses but ONLY 'miner' FILE - it is the real one executable file that starts on the pc, all other files are just txt files with bash comands!
Virustotal will not detect anything in the archive file!!! BUT if you check the files inside gminer_2_74_linux64.tar.xz you will find the 'miner' file it  is executed when you start the mining procedure - this file is 'miner' - THE LINK I PROVIDE HERE WITH MY FIRST POST SHOWS THE RESULTS EXACT FOR THIS FILE WHICH IS INSIDE THE ARCHIVE  gminer_2_74_linux64.tar.xz!!!
'Plain and simple ... with proof.' - FOR WHAT PROOF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?HuhHuh

DID YOU CHECK THIS FILE 'MINER' Huh?  DO YOU KNOW THIS FILE IS INSIDE gminer_2_74_linux64.tar.xz ARCHIVE? OPEN IT! SEE IT! CHECK IT WITH VIRUSTOTAL AND SHOW US THE RESULT PLEASE!

And please if you can't help me with the problem I explained in my first post just stop to reply me. There is no sense .. I don't want to insult you but you event don't know how to check this for viruses. Really sorry for that but I'm sure we all don't have time to argue about nonsense.

I'm waiting and will be grateful for an answer from the real gminer dev or from a person with knowledge experiencing  the same problem explained by me in my first post.

Thanks in advance.
Hello GMiner devs

Thanks for you reply.

gminer.pro

Your link shows this:

miner

Hello GMiner devs

Thanks for you reply.
Hello GMiner devs

You can go check yourself.  I just did both.

Pages:
Jump to: