Pages:
Author

Topic: God - page 9. (Read 2258 times)

Activity: 870
Merit: 125
September 23, 2017, 07:42:37 AM
Since most of the topics here are mostly about religion, i too would like to create a topic with regards to this.

I would like to question those who consider God as something that is purely fictional. Why did you arrive to this kind of conclusion? Do you have any proofs as to why God is not real? If so, then how could humans existed ? Do you think we came from a single tiny organism? Which through time had landed in this perfectly habitual planet and started to grew body parts?

Im just curious and wanted to hear their side on this

I read the Bible few times cover to cover, most of Talmud and Quran.  I knew there was no God after Genesis but I continued reading just for fun to see how backwards people were.

Anyway, Earth is a globe, we have evolved from a common ancestor that monkeys evolved from, our universe and space and time was created 13.5 billions years ago. End of story.

Humans made up their gods in their perspective. They may be wrong.
But it don't mean there is no god at all.
There can be one, different from what we've been talking about.
Activity: 560
Merit: 10
September 23, 2017, 07:20:47 AM
God is the ultimate power that made and controls the universe. We humans and our earth is just an example of gods creation.
There's still a lot we have no idea about. God is the invisible force that makes the universe run.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
September 23, 2017, 06:24:24 AM
God is in complete control. Cause and effect show this. All people know this way down deep in their subconscious minds. There is no atheism. There is only fanciful belief that there is desire to be atheistic.

Cool
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
September 23, 2017, 05:45:46 AM
Dawkins' scale is very useful, and I agree with the idea that 1 and 7 are completely irrational.
I am an agnostic myself Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
September 23, 2017, 05:37:38 AM
Heres a scale of faith Dawkins created, I think it will help your thread OP
1. Strong theist. 100% probability of God. In the words of C.G. Jung: "I do not believe, I know."
2. De facto theist. Very high probability but short of 100%. "I don't know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there."
3. Leaning towards theism. Higher than 50% but not very high. "I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God."
4. Completely impartial. Exactly 50%. "God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable."
5. Leaning towards atheism. Lower than 50% but not very low. "I do not know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be skeptical."
6. De facto atheist. Very low probability, but short of zero. "I don't know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there."
7. Strong atheist. "I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung knows there is one."
I think both stance 1 and 7 is completely irrational
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Futurov
September 22, 2017, 11:24:09 PM
Since most of the topics here are mostly about religion, i too would like to create a topic with regards to this.

I would like to question those who consider God as something that is purely fictional. Why did you arrive to this kind of conclusion? Do you have any proofs as to why God is not real? If so, then how could humans existed ? Do you think we came from a single tiny organism? Which through time had landed in this perfectly habitual planet and started to grew body parts?

Im just curious and wanted to hear their side on this
Pages:
Jump to: