Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP. - page 12. (Read 2032140 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
August 17, 2015, 12:44:00 PM

Still no blocks though apparently. There needs to be statements from the pool operators telling miners how they are voting. Right now I think most are being neutral to not lose anyone (either way), but at some point miners will want to know what the pools plan to do so they can migrate to pools aligned with them.  

i've counted 3 pools so far.  it's early:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comments/3hbbxz/two_new_p2pools_you_can_join_mining_on_xt/
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
August 17, 2015, 12:42:53 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking it's time for me to leave /r/bitcoin (or at least begin making an exit).  There seem to be three good migration choices:

/r/bitcoin_uncensored        1,403 subscribers

/r/bitcoinxt                      2,390 subscribers

/r/btc                              625 subscribers

On a strictly "what is the best name?" basis, I prefer /r/btc.  Bitcoin_uncensored will come across as dramatic and childish when this ordeal blows over and bitcoinxt will appear too tightly-coupled to a particular implementation of bitcoin (the very problem we are trying to avoid). 

So, I think I prefer /r/btc; however, it has the smallest readership at the moment.  What are other peoples' thoughts?

There is always cryptocrypt.org https://cryptocrypt.net/ it's what this website should have been iCE and cypher may be band after a single interaction, it was born from a similar conflict with theymos. I think it's still run by one of cyphers favorites the Goat.
legendary
Activity: 1153
August 17, 2015, 12:37:47 PM

Still no blocks though apparently. There needs to be statements from the pool operators telling miners how they are voting. Right now I think most are being neutral to not lose anyone (either way), but at some point miners will want to know what the pools plan to do so they can migrate to pools aligned with them.  
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
August 17, 2015, 12:36:03 PM
The 1MB'ers are happy watching that adoption isn't growing anymore. Stupidity at its best.

Stupidity is pretending that "adoption" and "growth" is all about users & transactions.

Probably one of your more stupid posts.

brg444 is correct.  EG:

Closed minded stubbornness it pretending it's not.

The reason for these phenomenal VC investments has nothing to do with the 'block size debate'  this false cause fallacy, is yet another desperate attempt to argue some hidden agenda  and self interest, in the face of overwhelming contrary evidence.
legendary
August 17, 2015, 12:35:26 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking it's time for me to leave /r/bitcoin (or at least begin making an exit).  There seem to be three good migration choices:

On a strictly "what is the best name?" basis, I prefer /r/btc.  Bitcoin_uncensored will come across as dramatic and childish when this ordeal blows over and bitcoinxt will appear too tightly-coupled to a particular implementation of bitcoin (the very problem we are trying to avoid). 

So, I think I prefer /r/btc; however, it has the smallest readership at the moment.  What are other peoples' thoughts?

I unsubscribed from /r/bitcoin and subscribed to all of the above. Not sure which is the right path, but they are all better than thermos' Stalinist utopia. 

use this:  https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comments/3ha129/thoughts_on_normalizing_this_new_sub_and_killing/cu5ufhl
legendary
Activity: 1153
August 17, 2015, 12:33:52 PM
Hey Guys,

I unsubscribed from /r/bitcoin and subscribed to all of the above. Not sure which is the right path, but they are all better than thermos' Stalinist utopia. 
legendary
August 17, 2015, 12:19:39 PM
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
August 17, 2015, 11:55:25 AM
All of the above, Multis ftw.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
August 17, 2015, 11:40:23 AM
Hey Guys,

legendary
Merit: 1004
August 17, 2015, 10:18:55 AM
Quote of the Year (2012): "I lean towards Anarchism"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Theymos
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4324
August 17, 2015, 10:08:56 AM
The 1MB'ers are happy watching that adoption isn't growing anymore. Stupidity at its best.

I agree, it's always the same story; ppl dont like to come out of there comfort zone.

To much noob bitching all over the place, i'll take a Bitcoin break, everything will be all fine.
legendary
August 17, 2015, 10:02:48 AM
We have been reminded, by the pretention nodes, that there is always a risk of a largeblock being orphaned, especially the first one, then the next one that is larger, and so on. Not only due to timing, verification of the block, the technical stuff, but also the willingness of others to build on it. In business, the risk transforms directly to cost.

After a block of 2MB for example, the risk is reduced for blocks up to and including that exact size. We will therefore in the future see step increases in the blocksize, with retraction in between due to the varying demand. The typical leg up, stability, another leg up pattern, all market based.

Yes, tip  toeing forward according to fundamentals, both technical and economic.

Spammers can try to influence that progression but it will cost them.
legendary
August 17, 2015, 10:01:28 AM
We have been reminded, by the pretention nodes, that there is always a risk of a largeblock being orphaned, especially the first one, then the next one that is larger, and so on. Not only due to timing, verification of the block, the technical stuff, but also the willingness of others to build on it. In business, the risk transforms directly to cost.

After a block of 2MB for example, the risk is reduced for blocks up to and including that exact size. We will therefore in the future see step increases in the blocksize, with retraction in between due to the varying demand. The typical leg up, stability, another leg up pattern, all market based.

Yes, tip  toeing forward according to fundamentals, both technical and economic.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
August 17, 2015, 09:51:23 AM

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
August 17, 2015, 09:46:07 AM
XTcharts has been on fire ever since fake XT nodes became available!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
August 17, 2015, 09:42:12 AM

Stupidity is pretending that "adoption" and "growth" is all about users & transactions.

brg444 is correct.  EG:

legendary
Activity: 1176
August 17, 2015, 09:25:13 AM

legendary
Merit: 1004
August 17, 2015, 08:31:09 AM

that was very funny. I'm surprised you didn't quote it.

It's been a long, popcorn-and-comedy-filled day.   Cheesy

And I'm still looking forward to even more lulz in the responses to Luv Khemani's [bitcoin-dev] "Miners are struggling with blocks far smaller than 750KB blocks and resorting to SPV mining" post!  Uh-oh, it looks like the good ship Gavincoin is on a collision course with wackiness!   Tongue

Although flattering, that other thing wasn't even in the top 10 of the funniest stuff I saw in the Great Gavinista Massacre's preamble, execution, and aftermath.

On a lulzy buttrage scale of 1 to 10, it rates about 1.5 Frap.docs.

It looks to me, that the bigger blocksize group tries to find a consensus in an open debate, while the 1MB group is absolutely fine with censorship and dividing(splitting) the community in 2 camps.

Moderation is not censorship.  Your social engineering attack has failed.

The sooner you Gavinistas are herded into /v/bitcoinxt to circlejerk yourselves the better.

Still here instead of fighting together with your totalitarian idols?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
August 17, 2015, 08:23:40 AM
I don't know if you guys been on reddit today but it's amazing the level of sensible and reasonable discussion that can be had when we cut out the "censorship" and "xtears" crap.

If I'd care enough to use changtip I'd buy theymos a beer right about now.

I see now you aren't Napoleon at all, that's ice. You are Winston.

I wonder at what point will you start to question your role at Minitrue?

If thermos's forum and sub are such Orwellian epitomes of authoritarianism, why do you visit and legitimize them by participating?

Perhaps https://voat.co/v/bitcoinxt is more to your liking and more in keeping with your stated (but not yet demonstrated) noble ideals?

Go on, scramble your password and show us what first-mover defection from Bitcoin Core's socioeconomic majority actually looks like.

Running an XT node doesn't count anymore, ever since NotBitcoinXT + PseudoNode became a thing...   Cheesy

Whats more outlandish MP getting everyone to run BitcoinMP or you getting everyone to run NotXT?

Tough call. The motivation for either as almost as tenuous as your command on reality.
Pages:
Jump to: