Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold exist 1000+ years. while bitcoins exist 10 years. - page 2. (Read 24865 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 253
l0tt0.com
Gold exist for over a 1000+ years maybe? Bitcoin only 10 years. Also the internet existed about 25+ years. Bitcoin price is higher than gold by over 200%. I think the value of Bitcoin is going to sky rocket once again. When technology gets more advance n the Bitcoin system upgrades. Just another speculation.
This is uncertain. No one has ever said that the value of bitcoin is high since it is unregulated and updated. The price of bitcoin is now high due to the influx of many people's words, in fact it is not worth anything. When something cannot benefit society and is found to be false, it will be turned away by society. so the price of bitcoin will rise sharply but at some point it will be sold off again just like 2017. Be careful in holding, we could be in big trouble.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
Gold as a value, a measure of value and a means of payment has existed for more than one thousand years, and it was likewise valued in previous human civilizations.
Bitcoin is only ten years old, we have not heard about such financial assets, so we can not say how long the cryptocurrency will exist. Even today, the high price of bitcoin is temporary. It will constantly change, and the value of gold will last forever.
Activity: 714
Merit: 254
Gold is valuable because people agree that it is. It's the same with an abstraction of value. Gold does have problems though, which bitcoin can solve. Bitcoin certainly has the potential to be a better store of value than gold, one more suited to our modern digital world.

Bitcoin does of course have its problems as well, not least of which being the volatility. But unlike gold, bitcoin is under development, and these problems can be overcome. Give it time, bitcoin will become the standard store of value. Bitcoin (and crypto in general) has been a phenomenal success already, but it is still early days. There is so much more to come.
The majority of people through history have agreed that gold has value because of its amazing characteristics and even to this day the characteristics of gold make it an even better currency than any fiat currency around the world, the biggest advantage that bitcoin has over gold is that it is digital, it is difficult to carry with you any big amount of gold without raising questions about it but you could carry all your bitcoin balance and no one will ever know it unless you reveal that information by yourself.

And it has been the basis of the wealth of people since the beginning, and gold is really valuable as it is hard to mine it too, but let's not compare the gold over the Bitcoin because they really differs in everything, we need both of them now and in the future, so if you really aiming to invest, then better to have them both.
Activity: 429
Merit: 263
Gold is valuable because people agree that it is. It's the same with an abstraction of value. Gold does have problems though, which bitcoin can solve. Bitcoin certainly has the potential to be a better store of value than gold, one more suited to our modern digital world.

Bitcoin does of course have its problems as well, not least of which being the volatility. But unlike gold, bitcoin is under development, and these problems can be overcome. Give it time, bitcoin will become the standard store of value. Bitcoin (and crypto in general) has been a phenomenal success already, but it is still early days. There is so much more to come.

You're absolutely clueless, the fact you think "all value" is subjective is absolutely foolish. Bitcoin is a worse store of value than fiat.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257

The majority of people through history have agreed that gold has value because of its amazing characteristics and even to this day the characteristics of gold make it an even better currency than any fiat currency around the world, the biggest advantage that bitcoin has over gold is that it is digital, it is difficult to carry with you any big amount of gold without raising questions about it but you could carry all your bitcoin balance and no one will ever know it unless you reveal that information by yourself.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

Merit: 302
Everything with investments are speculations. For example BTC is currently at a lull. With these currency/investments IMHO it's better to have a bit of each to buffer against any sudden collapse.

We need to stop this obsession with gold. IMO, gold and cryptocurrency are entirely different assets. Gold is not a threat or a competitor for Bitcoin (and vice-versa). I would go one step further and say that even fiat currency is not a competitor of Bitcoin. Since Bitcoin is being used as an investment asset, the real competitors are other assets such as real estate, equities.etc.
Literally, gold is good but it is not like there is no other good things. Gold is serving its own purpose. It is a jewelry Honestly, what else can we do with it. It is no more a medium of exchange, not an investment either. Bitcoin and altcoins are investments at present, helping thousands of people around the world. They are also being used as medium of exchange at some places.

I think the main thing with gold is that people throughout time BELIEVE it have value. Almost no one investing in it think of the (mostly electrical) applications.

At this point in history it's cumbersome as a currency but people still think it's "safe" and still invest in it. If ever there's a push to bring back the gold standard I think it'll be nice to have some.
Merit: 252
We need to stop this obsession with gold. IMO, gold and cryptocurrency are entirely different assets. Gold is not a threat or a competitor for Bitcoin (and vice-versa). I would go one step further and say that even fiat currency is not a competitor of Bitcoin. Since Bitcoin is being used as an investment asset, the real competitors are other assets such as real estate, equities.etc.
  Thank god! There are people who understand that this comparison of blockchain technology coin with gold is absurd. These two types of assets have nothing in common and they could never be on same ground for comparison. If you are using bitcoin as investment asset, then go for the markets that are providing same opportunities and if you are using it as fiat, then it is sensible to compare it with fiat.
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
Literally, gold is good but it is not like there is no other good things. Gold is serving its own purpose. It is a jewelry Honestly, what else can we do with it. It is no more a medium of exchange, not an investment either. Bitcoin and altcoins are investments at present, helping thousands of people around the world. They are also being used as medium of exchange at some places.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
I don't know about that.  Can't make a cute necklace for my girlfriend out of bitcoin.

Gold has been on the rise lately, tho.  Silver too and I'm not sure what the reason is for that.  Usually when metals start to rise, the economy is not doing so hot but I don't see that happening worldwide.  In a couple of countries it's really bad (Venezuela, Argentina, Zimbabwe) but I have a feeling that we're in for some dire economic change.  Anyone else get that sense?

It might be a decent time to buy some metals, as the prices haven't gotten too outrageous yet and they may not.  I may have to buy some of my favorite pre 1964 U.S. quarters and some silver eagles.
It has been more than 10 years since the last economic crisis affected the world that tells me we are getting closer to another one especially since the issues that caused the previous crisis were never resolved and most countries are in an even worse shape than back then, what we do not know is what it will take to ignite it, maybe it will be the Brexit or the trade war between the US and China or maybe the price of gold skyrocketing, in any case I see the next crisis being many times more profound than the one we suffered more than one decade ago.
The economic crisis may not be avoided totally but it could be minimized with the help of crypto currencies. If you have digital assets or bitcoin particularly, you would be able to make enormous money since the surge in conventional markets will ultimately affect the prices of bitcoin making it to skyrocket hard. If majority starts using crypto currencies, we would be able to cope with crisis to much extent.
Merit: 257
I don't know about that.  Can't make a cute necklace for my girlfriend out of bitcoin.

Gold has been on the rise lately, tho.  Silver too and I'm not sure what the reason is for that.  Usually when metals start to rise, the economy is not doing so hot but I don't see that happening worldwide.  In a couple of countries it's really bad (Venezuela, Argentina, Zimbabwe) but I have a feeling that we're in for some dire economic change.  Anyone else get that sense?

It might be a decent time to buy some metals, as the prices haven't gotten too outrageous yet and they may not.  I may have to buy some of my favorite pre 1964 U.S. quarters and some silver eagles.
It has been more than 10 years since the last economic crisis affected the world that tells me we are getting closer to another one especially since the issues that caused the previous crisis were never resolved and most countries are in an even worse shape than back then, what we do not know is what it will take to ignite it, maybe it will be the Brexit or the trade war between the US and China or maybe the price of gold skyrocketing, in any case I see the next crisis being many times more profound than the one we suffered more than one decade ago.
Merit: 252
Gold will still exist more thousands years for sure or the life span of the gold is very long than the bitcoin and that's the fact the bitcoin is not forever or only maybe more decades still before the bitcoin gone in the crypto world but the good with that before the bitcoin gone in our world they have people who change already their lives or they become millionaire or having a lot of money.
It always comes down with the demand. The life of Bitcoin or even in general whether a product, person or a government, lies in belief, trust. As long as Bitcoin can keep up with the needs of the intended people then it would continue to foster and serve its purpose.

For it to happen, maybe we should stop treating Bitcoin as an investment alone but rather live up with its purpose i.e. spending it like what we do with the fiat. In that way, we are integrating it with our daily lives and evolve as a vital instrument in commerce.
Bitcoin is digital currency and gold only investment assets have higher value but look the same price although have pass one or two years, bitcoin become digital currency for payment transaction if adopt by some companies. Bitcoin not be payment currency because many people use bitcoin only for investment assets with save their money with gold and waiting for selling gold after raise to higher price.
Bitcoin is also known as the digital gold and it is far better than the physical one. The holders of bitcoin enjoy features like anonymity, security, high profits in no time, freedom of control. I don't think gold can do all this. No doubt that most of the rather all investors are investing in bitcoin for the sake of profits. Bitcoin can make them rich beyond anyone’s imagination. It is best to be considered an investment at present than currency.
  Bitcoin has dual nature i.e. it could be used both as currency when you have to clear your dues or purchase something provided the sellers are dealing bitcoin and also as an investment if you want to increase your savings many folds in short time span. As compared to investment plans of banks, bitcoin does not put you under contract rather you have complete freedom of cashing out bitcoin anytime.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 503
But gold is actually not an investment.
gold is a physical investment.

because its value will follow inflation
which inflation? all the value of gold is the same throughout the world, if a country is experiencing inflation. the value of gold will remain unchanged, only the value of money in the country will change, not gold.

and the solution to maintain wealth is with gold
Agree with this. because the value will not affect any conditions. so your wealth will not be lost or significantly reduced.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
Based on my opinion.
Bitcoin without the internet, there will be no value. born because of technology.
Gold, even without the internet, the value will still be there.
It would be very difficult to compare bitcoin with gold. although bitcoin has a higher value than gold, I am very sure that 8 out of 10 people who are told to choose investments will definitely prefer gold, because gold is recognized worldwide than bitcoin.
gold is more stable and the risk is low.
people who want to get money quickly, will definitely choose bitcoin but it is too risky and can at any time lose its value (everything can happen).
Both have different characteristics. and to be compared very clearly people will choose gold. Even history proves before the existence of gold paper money is a medium of exchange used first. the journey of gold and trust is huge now. many people who have proven this gold chart tend to go up every period. But gold is actually not an investment. because its value will follow inflation and the solution to maintain wealth is with gold
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
Gold will still exist more thousands years for sure or the life span of the gold is very long than the bitcoin and that's the fact the bitcoin is not forever or only maybe more decades still before the bitcoin gone in the crypto world but the good with that before the bitcoin gone in our world they have people who change already their lives or they become millionaire or having a lot of money.
As far as the life span of bitcoin is concerned, it would stay longer than gold because of its usage. Gold was in the beginning was used as means of payments but now is juts limited to ornaments. In short its usage has decreased and people do not buy it commonly as an investment whereas bitcoin is high in demand and people are even using it in daily life for clearing dues. Bitcoin will stay always.

Or in short, it is in a matter of demand that will determine the existence of an entity such as bitcoin, gold, and fiats. But for me, Gold hasn't lose their reputation as it is not limited to ornaments. There still huge number of people who buys gold and keep its value to their vaults. While talking about the existence of both bitcoin and gold, for me, gold will stay much longer as no one will ever destroy a single piece of it and in comparison to crypto, if its technology will be compromised so bad, then its the end. Though I still believe to the power of cryptocurrency in terms of security.
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
As far as the life span of bitcoin is concerned, it would stay longer than gold because of its usage. Gold was in the beginning was used as means of payments but now is juts limited to ornaments. In short its usage has decreased and people do not buy it commonly as an investment whereas bitcoin is high in demand and people are even using it in daily life for clearing dues. Bitcoin will stay always.
Some people still buy gold because they see it as a form of diversification for their portfolio. I don't think that bitcoin will stay longer than gold because gold is already tested and proven that it will exist even after a thousands years because it is a timeless asset and even though there are new technologies like bitcoin, gold is still existing and performing well.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
Bitcoin is also known as the digital gold and it is far better than the physical one.

Activity: 1834
Merit: 566
I am not sure why people are comparing bitcoin and gold but it is good to see your perception of bitcoin as you think it will not last for a long period of time and may i know the reason for you to think like that. Do you really think that people are investing in bitcoin and it is a huge market right now with all the investors thinking that it will die off in a short period of time. Bitcoin is not a quick rich scheme and this is the market to last for a long period of time and people trust the decentralized currency and so is the reason people trust bitcoin.
I think people compare bitcoin and gold because they have both make a good mark in peoples life and they are both store of value. With that been said, a lot of people in the crypto sphere join crypto in other to have their own portion of cake while they lack the main knowledge about which is what  i think happened with the above user.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
I am not sure why people are comparing bitcoin and gold but it is good to see your perception of bitcoin as you think it will not last for a long period of time and may i know the reason for you to think like that. Do you really think that people are investing in bitcoin and it is a huge market right now with all the investors thinking that it will die off in a short period of time. Bitcoin is not a quick rich scheme and this is the market to last for a long period of time and people trust the decentralized currency and so is the reason people trust bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: