Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold exist 1000+ years. while bitcoins exist 10 years. - page 3. (Read 24865 times)

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253
Gold will still exist more thousands years for sure or the life span of the gold is very long than the bitcoin and that's the fact the bitcoin is not forever or only maybe more decades still before the bitcoin gone in the crypto world but the good with that before the bitcoin gone in our world they have people who change already their lives or they become millionaire or having a lot of money.
As far as the life span of bitcoin is concerned, it would stay longer than gold because of its usage. Gold was in the beginning was used as means of payments but now is juts limited to ornaments. In short its usage has decreased and people do not buy it commonly as an investment whereas bitcoin is high in demand and people are even using it in daily life for clearing dues. Bitcoin will stay always.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 503
Based on my opinion.
Bitcoin without the internet, there will be no value. born because of technology.
Gold, even without the internet, the value will still be there.
It would be very difficult to compare bitcoin with gold. although bitcoin has a higher value than gold, I am very sure that 8 out of 10 people who are told to choose investments will definitely prefer gold, because gold is recognized worldwide than bitcoin.
gold is more stable and the risk is low.
people who want to get money quickly, will definitely choose bitcoin but it is too risky and can at any time lose its value (everything can happen).
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571
It always comes down with the demand. The life of Bitcoin or even in general whether a product, person or a government, lies in belief, trust. As long as Bitcoin can keep up with the needs of the intended people then it would continue to foster and serve its purpose.

For it to happen, maybe we should stop treating Bitcoin as an investment alone but rather live up with its purpose i.e. spending it like what we do with the fiat. In that way, we are integrating it with our daily lives and evolve as a vital instrument in commerce.

You were saying that if the demand on bitcoin get high, it will prolong its life? is that what you were trying to say, if that is your opinion, I'm afraid I have to disagree with that, correct me instead if that is not your point.

We only have 21,000,000 bitcoin that will circulates in the market, and we already mined 85% of it, with that being said, we only have limited amount of bitcoins, even the demands of it get insanely high in the next following year and so on, we will meet the time where bitcoin have to say goodbye to use, that is the sad reality about it, we could not replenish it like natural treasures with the use of science.
Activity: 812
Merit: 260
Gold will still exist more thousands years for sure or the life span of the gold is very long than the bitcoin and that's the fact the bitcoin is not forever or only maybe more decades still before the bitcoin gone in the crypto world but the good with that before the bitcoin gone in our world they have people who change already their lives or they become millionaire or having a lot of money.
It always comes down with the demand. The life of Bitcoin or even in general whether a product, person or a government, lies in belief, trust. As long as Bitcoin can keep up with the needs of the intended people then it would continue to foster and serve its purpose.

For it to happen, maybe we should stop treating Bitcoin as an investment alone but rather live up with its purpose i.e. spending it like what we do with the fiat. In that way, we are integrating it with our daily lives and evolve as a vital instrument in commerce.
Bitcoin is digital currency and gold only investment assets have higher value but look the same price although have pass one or two years, bitcoin become digital currency for payment transaction if adopt by some companies. Bitcoin not be payment currency because many people use bitcoin only for investment assets with save their money with gold and waiting for selling gold after raise to higher price.
Bitcoin is also known as the digital gold and it is far better than the physical one. The holders of bitcoin enjoy features like anonymity, security, high profits in no time, freedom of control. I don't think gold can do all this. No doubt that most of the rather all investors are investing in bitcoin for the sake of profits. Bitcoin can make them rich beyond anyone’s imagination. It is best to be considered an investment at present than currency.

Yes, gold can't do that , when it comes to usage, Bitcoin really has the advantage and widely use in the world as it creates a currency change system in the whole world, while gold is just like a form of investment there is no real use, just an investment that you can buy and sell but you cannot purchase any kinds of goods and services thru it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 251

Bitcoin is digital currency and gold only investment assets have higher value but look the same price although have pass one or two years, bitcoin become digital currency for payment transaction if adopt by some companies. Bitcoin not be payment currency because many people use bitcoin only for investment assets with save their money with gold and waiting for selling gold after raise to higher price.
Bitcoin is also known as the digital gold and it is far better than the physical one. The holders of bitcoin enjoy features like anonymity, security, high profits in no time, freedom of control. I don't think gold can do all this. No doubt that most of the rather all investors are investing in bitcoin for the sake of profits. Bitcoin can make them rich beyond anyone’s imagination. It is best to be considered an investment at present than currency.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1656
Gold has been a long standing store of value mainly because of traditional reasons, which can possibly change depending on political climates.

It could be diamonds, silver, crude oil, bullets or even sea shells; the current use cases of Gold are not particularly strategic to guarantee universal acceptance...

On the other hand BTC and some other crypto currencies provide a number of peerless use cases, such as the sovereign transfer of wealth between individuals without intervention by any 3rd party; thus the longevity of Bitcoin even as "digital gold" doesn't need to be less likely than that of the physical commodity.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
Gold: market capitalization of $8 trillion
Bitcoin: market capitalization of $173 billion
If we use those numbers it means that bitcoin has 2% of the market cap of gold, and while this may seem to be low and some may be disappointed by it, this should also give to us huge hopes for the future, even if bitcoin were to just get 20% of the market capitalization of gold during the next 10 years that is still a market cap of 1.6 trillion dollars which is about 10 times the current price and a price close to 90,000 dollars which is not bad at all if you ask me.

I agree with you, this calculations should give us huge hopes for the future, it shows how much crypto can grow. We are still small part of the world economy, but we are growing fast. Just few years ago situation was different, and if anyone take a look on charts from 2010 until now can see this rise in numbers. From almost nothing to the point where we are now!
Its question of time when we will see bitcoin market cap at 1 trillion. In 2017 as I remember we were somewhere around 800 billions, in next bull run after next halving we will see bitcoin market cap crossing that magical 1 trillion market cap, and after that everything will be possible!
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
This is the mistake that is being made by so many people around here. Earlier I had seen a thread, where the OP was claiming that gold has been overtaken by Bitcoin. The justification given by him was laughable. He was claiming that 1 Bitcoin is now worth more than 1 ounce of gold and this shows that now Bitcoin is now more valuable than gold.

And how can we make comparison like that? 1 oz of gold is not equal to one Bitcoin. Both are entirely different units. For making comparison, you can't use two different units for two different assets. If you really want to compare gold with Bitcoin, then you should compare the market capitalization. That is the only unit which can be used for both assets. And as of now, this is how the comparison stands:

Gold: market capitalization of $8 trillion
Bitcoin: market capitalization of $173 billion
If we use those numbers it means that bitcoin has 2% of the market cap of gold, and while this may seem to be low and some may be disappointed by it, this should also give to us huge hopes for the future, even if bitcoin were to just get 20% of the market capitalization of gold during the next 10 years that is still a market cap of 1.6 trillion dollars which is about 10 times the current price and a price close to 90,000 dollars which is not bad at all if you ask me.
Activity: 938

Activity: 540
Merit: 252

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
Activity: 1106
Merit: 506
Gold exist for over a 1000+ years maybe? Bitcoin only 10 years. Also the internet existed about 25+ years. Bitcoin price is higher than gold by over 200%. I think the value of Bitcoin is going to sky rocket once again. When technology gets more advance n the Bitcoin system upgrades. Just another speculation.

yes, that's the great thing about bitcoin, I think bitcoin and gold is an asset that will be beneficial if made for investment. gold may have existed centuries ago, while bitcoin only turned 10 years old. I don't think longevity is something that can be more valuable, in my opinion that can make something of value because of its benefits. I think the price of bitcoin is more expensive than gold, because bitcoin has advantages over gold. so people prefer bitcoin over gold and with all that makes bitcoin prices higher.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
It is true. Maybe now it is the time of bitcoin and the price is also high according to the times I think. It's not fair to compare something different from the price alone. Gold has become an important part of human life from time to time. I am sure one day bitcoin and crypto are no longer valuable, but gold can still be very reliable.
It is a simple process of evolution. Centuries back, there was not even a concept of computers but now we see everything is digital. We are totally relying on technology even for our minor daily life chores. Gold was important back then because it was used as currency but now it is used as ornament whereas bitcoin is used as digital currency because it is easy for people to handle it. Bitcoin is going to stay for many more centuries.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
It's not fair of comparing Gold with Bitcoin, you know Gold has the vast acceptability at every corner of the globe, the credibility of also gold has much bigger than Bitcoin because of having real value, gold is the most used metal since the very early age of human life. and Bitcoin is just 10years old so it still a newborn in comparison to the gold, but when you relate the price rising of both then Bitcoin has a positive sign, it's a potential much than Gold, but you can't yet reach the position where gold exists, but I believe Bitcoin will have a more value and acceptability around the world when people will realize its facts and factors.
The comparison seems fair to me, gold is by far the best form of money we have come up with since it has all the characteristics you may want in money.

Many keep thinking that bitcoin needs to beat fiat but that is not true, bitcoin has been better than fiat since day one, we are only lacking adoption, the true measure of the success for bitcoin will be if bitcoin begins to replace gold and take away some of its functions, if that happens then bitcoin will be on its way of becoming the best currency around the world.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 309
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Gold is a good investment because it has a store value that keep increasing over time. Bitcoin is also like that even it is only created 10 years before. There is a deflation that happening in bitcoin and it attracts other people because of its potential in the market.

Check the charts for gold, and you will find that the purchasing power of gold has remained more or less stable. It has not increased, and it has not gone down. And that is the reason why a lot of us treat gold as a store of value. On the other hand, the purchasing power of Bitcoin has increased by more than a million times ever since it was created in 2009. And in the future also, it is likely to go up, in sync with the increase in the number of users. The prices will be stabilized only when the majority of the world population starts using BTC. Until then, both the exchange rate and the purchasing power will continue to increase.
Before knowing money as transaction payment, last thousand years gold become payment transaction with called dinar and dirham. People use gold for transaction like using money to buy some thing, after publish money gold become investment assets and keep exist until thousand year until now, bitcoin maybe only exist for twenty years later if price keep stable and will gone several year later if bitcoin price have down.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
https://neironix.io/
It is true. Maybe now it is the time of bitcoin and the price is also high according to the times I think. It's not fair to compare something different from the price alone. Gold has become an important part of human life from time to time. I am sure one day bitcoin and crypto are no longer valuable, but gold can still be very reliable.

With the current trend - digitalization of the economy, I believe that bitcoin will only gain its relevance and will have the same historical importance in the future as gold, at least I follow the development of this story at https://neironix.io/en
Activity: 952
Gold exist for over a 1000+ years maybe? Bitcoin only 10 years. Also the internet existed about 25+ years. Bitcoin price is higher than gold by over 200%. I think the value of Bitcoin is going to sky rocket once again. When technology gets more advance n the Bitcoin system upgrades. Just another speculation.
We already know that the bitcoin is very high in terms of price than the gold and it is just for only 10 working years. We don't know when would be the bitcoin will going to sky rocket again just like what happen in the past year 2017 so we must just wait until the time that it may happen again, but the one thing  that I can assure, bitcoin will sky rocket again but we don't know yet when it would be. Because of the very fast growing of technology the crypto and blockchain technology is growing also so it can helps the bitcoin system to upgrade and grow more.
Yes, fast growing technology has a great impact on the bitcoin price and as the time goes by the technology is improving and awareness about technology has increased very fast, due to which the blockchain and crypto is growing which inturn has a benefit to bitcoin, and surely the price of bitcoin will go to sky by the coming years and this price attracted the people that is why it has more value than gold.
Activity: 882
Merit: 258
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
We already know that the bitcoin is very high in terms of price than the gold and it is just for only 10 working years. We don't know when would be the bitcoin will going to sky rocket again just like what happen in the past year 2017 so we must just wait until the time that it may happen again, but the one thing  that I can assure, bitcoin will sky rocket again but we don't know yet when it would be. Because of the very fast growing of technology the crypto and blockchain technology is growing also so it can helps the bitcoin system to upgrade and grow more.
Activity: 1120
Activity: 994
Merit: 260
I think that if something had value for many years, it must not necessarily be as valuable and dominate in value over everything else in the future. It is likely that digital technologies are valued higher by investors nowadays than gold, because blockchain is a very convenient development that can be useful for almost any sphere of life. Undoubtedly, gold has established itself as a very valuable resource and is indispensable in industry, medicine, jewelry and much more. But the world is developing, there are amazing discoveries and revolutionary technologies are invented, which are appreciated by people very highly. I think this is a normal process.
Pages:
Jump to: