Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold-foil Chocolate Casascius Coins for the Halloween kids this year? - page 2. (Read 10028 times)

Activity: 270
Merit: 250
1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc
The Lab is now stocked with Coins! 

The chocolate is pretty good.  We gave some coins to the UPS guy when he dropped the package off and I think he's going to go home and learn about Bitcoin tonight.  We're looking forward to giving these away to partners and visitors, as well as to Trick or Treaters.  If anyone in the Seattle area wants a few of these, send us a PM  Grin

Thanks again Casascius!
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
Mike,

Received my bitcoin chocolates today

Love it!   Passed it out to everyone in my office.  As someone said before Great Conversation Starter  "What is it!!??"

Don't know if they'll last til Halloween!

Hey,  great idea and thanks for doing this.

You should have shipped a box to charlie in Vegas.

Any one doing a trade show or promoting bitcoin in any way definitely order a box and take it with you!

vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
Is the chocolate any good?  I'm supposed to get mine on Friday.

Those who have ordered directly from me, I have arranged for GoCandy to ship straight to you so they'll arrive for Halloween
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Activity: 270
1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc
Just got the tracking number.  The coins have been shipped and we should be getting them on Friday.  Grin 

They look great!  Can't wait 'til they arrive!
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Pics or none of this is true.
legendary
Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001
Ok, who got bitcoin on the obverse and Pirate on the reverse?
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
you should put 0.05 BTC on each coin in the wrapper somehow Cheesy

You could get stickers to fit, with a bitcoin address printed on them, to manually add to the outer rims.
vip
Worldwide Expedited   $207.52

:-(

Any EU reseller here?

I am certain there's got to be somebody in Europe who makes chocolate coins... given that these are cultural items purchased by Jewish people worldwide around Hanukkah...

...so why not clip the artwork out of the previous post and order them from somewhere close by.  There is no exclusive arrangement stipulating that this company is the only one that can make this design.  I can provide a PDF with the artwork in vector format if the resolution isn't high enough, though I think it'll be more than fine as it is.

legendary
Merit: 1097
Worldwide Expedited   $207.52

:-(

Any EU reseller here?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
I attend a school with 30,000 students.  I want to hand out as many of these coins as possible on Halloween.  I will be investing the $75 for the minimum order, and any tips sent to my signature address for the next 48 hours will go towards additional coins for order on Monday evening EST.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Very nice !  I'm kinda broke these days/month, but too much of a good idea !  I want to buy 500 but :

Shipping Method
   This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.   

United Parcel Service (1 x 5lbs)    
   Worldwide Expedited   $102.75      
   Canada Standard   $37.81      

37.81$ for shipping ?  and watch out for custom fees charged upon reception of the order, often get to 50%+ of the value !

So 500 ChocoCoin for 75$ + 37.81$ + (average custom fees 30% = 22.50) = 135.31 / 500 = 0.27 each !!!

this is ridiculous !

again, I'll skip purchasing in USA, seems like USA officials dont want Canadian to buy their stuff..   

I hate those customer flees, eh, sorry, custom fees !  thanks NAFTA !
Heh, isn't "free trade" just great?  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
you should put 0.05 BTC on each coin in the wrapper somehow Cheesy
vip
Lucky you, I'm still waiting for mine (and all the ones I will be reshipping to others)
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
I got my order on Monday.  The chocolate is good, and so is the print quality.

They came in a cooler with gel packs to keep them from melting.  I suspect that accounts for a big part of the shipping cost.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
Indeed, they told me that worldwide shipping would be so expensive that it wouldn't be worth it. So I won't be buying any coins with the Ƀ design Sad
Activity: 283
I just ordered 100 from you, along with some roll-your-own coins and 10 of the real ones. Looking forward to my hoard. NEED MOAR COINZ!

Wink
vip
You could just find someone to make the coins in Canada, Canadian chocolate is pretty good. Clip the art out of the thread.
legendary
Activity: 1002
Bitcoin
Very nice !  I'm kinda broke these days/month, but too much of a good idea !  I want to buy 500 but :

Shipping Method
   This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.   

United Parcel Service (1 x 5lbs)    
   Worldwide Expedited   $102.75      
   Canada Standard   $37.81      

37.81$ for shipping ?  and watch out for custom fees charged upon reception of the order, often get to 50%+ of the value !

So 500 ChocoCoin for 75$ + 37.81$ + (average custom fees 30% = 22.50) = 135.31 / 500 = 0.27 each !!!

this is ridiculous !

again, I'll skip purchasing in USA, seems like USA officials dont want Canadian to buy their stuff..   

I hate those customer flees, eh, sorry, custom fees !  thanks NAFTA !

Pages:
Jump to: