Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold-foil Chocolate Casascius Coins for the Halloween kids this year? - page 3. (Read 10028 times)

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
just placed my order for 500 gold chocolate coins.  I ordered 36 bags of 12 each.  This works out to selling each bag for $2.50 (or $5 for 24 coins) which is what most of my friends are in for.

Some people said they'll take 4 bags for $10 in case you're looking for ways to market it to your friends.

looking forward to them!
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Will anyone order it?  If you would order this, please post.  If more than a few people will order it, I'd submit it and add it.

I would like to order 200 dark chocolate coins, the Ƀ logo being preferred (but BTC is acceptable) . Please send me a PM with a payment address if you're still doing these group orders for <500 coins.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc
We just ordered 1000 coins  Grin

Looking forward to handing them out to customers, partners, investors, etc. (Plus we will probably take some home to hand out to trick-or-treaters too!)

Thanks for the awesome design work you did on this Mike!  I love that they added a "Bitcoin" section  Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
Too bad they don't have dark chocolate though.

I swear they did - it was on the same menu where you drop down to choose the foil color - which currently has "Gold (Milk)", "Silver (Milk)"... there were options of "Gold (Dark)" and "Gold (Mint)" but they aren't there anymore.  Maybe they're out.

Make a design with the Ƀ logo instead of the other one. I know it doesn't match your coins, but still Smiley

Will anyone order it?  If you would order this, please post.  If more than a few people will order it, I'd submit it and add it.
If it's there, and they get their dark chocolate back, I'll order 500 Smiley They do ship to the Netherlands, right?
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
Too bad they don't have dark chocolate though.

I swear they did - it was on the same menu where you drop down to choose the foil color - which currently has "Gold (Milk)", "Silver (Milk)"... there were options of "Gold (Dark)" and "Gold (Mint)" but they aren't there anymore.  Maybe they're out.

Make a design with the Ƀ logo instead of the other one. I know it doesn't match your coins, but still Smiley

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I think you just figured out how to market bitcoins to women.  Grin
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
These are so cool Smiley Too bad they don't have dark chocolate though.

Suggestion for designs:

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Any word on whether the coins through gocandy.com taste alright?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
What about backing them with bitcoin? Just like a real Casascius coin. Maybe 1 Satoshi?
vip
GoCandy.com added the artwork to their website under the category "Mike Caldwell" so it can be ordered directly!

I asked them to rename it to "Bitcoin", noting that it's likely to result in ongoing orders rather than just a one-time burst. UPDATE: done

I'm wondering what else might be a popular design that others might be interested in ordering.  Any suggestions?  I thought "YOU ASKED FOR CHANGE, WE GAVE YOU COINS" might be a good one.  ("CHANGE" written in Gotham font, which looks like how it is used in Obama campaign)

Update:
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
These don't even look like they have anything to do with Halloween, which is actually quite perfect.

Cuz then, I can justify ordering 500.  Then I can start taking them EVERYWHERE. Fifteen cents is exactly what I need to be able to drop 10 of them in the lunch room every week Smiley

Good stocking stuffers, too!  Getting excited!  I will order later this week and place confirmation here.  I'll see if others want to get in on my order with me.

Awesome!
Activity: 476
If you want to go on my website and place an order, you can. https://casascius.com

Ordered. You are the man.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
vip
Casascius, I don't have enough adults to give candy to for an order of 500 but I’d be willing to buy somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 if you want to make a large order and divide it out to some of us.

If you want to go on my website and place an order, you can. https://casascius.com

Just place a blank order that consists only of Priority Mail Shipping.  Put in the notes that you want some chocolate coins and how many.  Mine will be gold foil.  Pay $15 worth of BTC (MtGoxLast) per 100 choco coins, plus the listed shipping charge, to the bitcoin address given by my site (unique to your order).  Don't worry - my order system is automatic only to the extent that it prices coins and dispenses bitcoin addresses, but everything else is manual and I will see the request and the extra payment.

I just ordered 2500 myself from gocandy, so I should have mine soon.
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
Order placed, 500 assorted colors.  I'll let you know how it goes.
vip
Ordering information has been placed immediately under OP.
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
I'm in.  Hurry, October is almost here.
Activity: 658
I will invest in these just so that I can get in while they are cheap and then sell them when demand raises the price through the roof.

These could be a great addition to the colored bitcoins idea. Flavored bitcoins!

I'm in for $30 at least.  Double that if they accept bitcoins as payment.
Activity: 225
Merit: 101
I'd buy some for Hanukkah.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
I will invest in these just so that I can get in while they are cheap and then sell them when demand raises the price through the roof.
Pages:
Jump to: