Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold-foil Chocolate Casascius Coins for the Halloween kids this year? - page 4. (Read 10028 times)

Activity: 369
Merit: 250
if they ship internationally definitely take a bunch.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
I would order if it is Fair Trade chocolate.
Because it's for Bitcoin I'll make an exception.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
I would order a few hundred.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
mmm. bitcoins. absolutely.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
I would buy some.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
I'll take at least 100 if that's about $20.  Maybe more if they look awesome.  I'm gonna be a bitcoin for halloween, so this is perfect for my costume theme Smiley

I probably wouldn't spend more that $50 on this without serious buyin from the boss (wife), haha.  I'll definitely pass them out to kids & see if I can get others to throw down.

I'll check with others this week.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Good plan, I'm in.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
will i need to ultrasound them to make sure its real chocolate?
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
You have my purchase.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I'm in. Great idea.
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
UPDATE: Here is the coin design, which has been optimized with the help of the chocolate company I've been working with to look best on a chocolate coin.

Also, looks like the price will be 0.15 USD regardless of quantity (plus shipping).  There is a minimum order of 500, so that's $75 worth of coins.  They are shipped from Texas, US, and are guaranteed (within the US) to arrive undamaged.  It looks like their lead time is 5 days, so that should be in time to have them long before Halloween.

Here is how to order, best I can tell.

1. Go to http://www.gocandy.com - choose Coins, then choose Chocolate Coins.
2. Choose the foil color, flavor, and quantity you want.
3. For the design, in the category list, choose "Bitcoin".  (They added a section!)
4. Please post in the thread that you ordered, I'm interested to know how many decided to jump on this.

ALSO: if you are put off by the minimum quantity, please post in the thread.  I may be willing to accept prepayment (in BTC) for as few as 100 coins and then place a big order myself and mail them right back out (using USPS Priority Mail, cost $5.15) immediately upon arrival.  You'd have to pay in advance, because I'd want to be able to ship them back out the minute they got here.  Note that when ordering directly from the chocolate company, you get the benefit of them guaranteeing their safe arrival, as well as checking your weather and adding free ice-packing when necessary... I am not in a position to offer that same guarantee and would be forwarding these with zero markup, so just so you're aware, it's at your own risk.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION regarding storage and shelf life:  These should last for 1 year if kept at COOL ROOM TEMPERATURE, do not refrigerate or freeze.  more storage information on their website.
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
OK, I have an idea.  I want the community to be able to give those gold-foiled chocolate "Casascius Coins" for Halloween this year, and shove them in everybody's stockings for Christmas.  And I guess they do chocolate coins for Hanukkah, of course.

Here is what I have in mind: a "Casascius Bitcoin design" mimicking my coins on the front, and on the back, some sort of zinger like "HONEST MONEY - Gold, Silver, and Bitcoin" on the back, meant to entice someone into at least Googling it.

I want to do a custom run of coins, but I'm not really interested in estimating the demand, reselling them at a markup that no one wants to pay, having them melt or spoil because I wasn't careful enough to store them.  So here is what I want to do:

1. Find one of these chocolate companies that do custom coins and I buy a batch of them for myself.  I will pay the fees to make sure the artwork and dies get done.  I will ask if they will cooperate with my nefarious plans to get them more business:
2. I ask them to keep the die on hand because I plan to send my buddies over to order coins just like me.  I ask them to put the die in a special place, sharpie it with the name Mike Caldwell and not charge any of my friends the $45-per-side creation charge for the custom die.
3. You go to their website and place your own order for chocolate bitcoins, sent directly to you, in the flavor of your choice.

If I do that, each of you could order like 500 of these coins and spam everyone you know IRL with eye-catching and mouth-watering bitcoins, and you wouldn't have to worry about paying for them to be shipped twice.

What say ye?  It looks to me like chocolate coins are maybe in the 0.16 - 0.18 USD range for orders of a few hundred coins.
Pages:
Jump to: