Pages:
Author

Topic: GoldBits - Newbie scammer - page 6. (Read 7669 times)

legendary
Activity: 1397
Merit: 1143
The Cryptonumist
February 25, 2015, 04:48:18 PM
If you do sell it be interesting if the xrf test comes back good.

Do you know what kinds of places do XRF tests? how exactly does it work; would it usually cost me to go get it xrf'ed?

I was thinking id just bring it to a local coin shop and see if they'll confirm it as real & buy it.

and yes, its back in the capsule.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
February 25, 2015, 04:45:25 PM
the relief, detail and colour look correct too me.

If you do sell it be interesting if the xrf test comes back good.

So either a genuine seller that lost the plot on pricing or part of a drawn out long con after some initial trust is built.

Time will tell Smiley

p.s. get that coin back in the capsule asap, .9999 gold is soft and scratches and dings easily.
legendary
The Cryptonumist
February 25, 2015, 04:36:28 PM

legendary
The Cryptonumist
February 25, 2015, 04:18:34 PM
the coin looks right, showing slightly under weight as it should be 31.1g but could be scales accuracy.

Changing my feedback to neutral, OP has delivered the coin as promised, authenticity still to be proven.

Not giving positive or completely removing feedback as lack of Escrow is a worry and could be a long con.

Will be interesting what price the maple grams sell at as Goldbits stated he did not have them in hand so selling at below retail price would be a concern.

Any chance of some clear face on pics of the coin and not angled shots.

Scale is showing 31.0, 31.1, and 31.2 seemingly indiscriminately. When set to OZT, it shows 1.00 or 1.01
as far as I can tell, its legit. It looks like I wont have time to have this tested today, but certainly tomorrow.
legendary
February 25, 2015, 04:14:33 PM
the coin looks right, showing slightly under weight as it should be 31.1g but could be scales accuracy but tungsten core coins are very close in dimensions & weight.

Changing my feedback to neutral, OP has delivered the coin as promised, authenticity still to be proven.

Not giving positive or completely removing feedback as lack of Escrow is a worry and could be a long con.

Will be interesting what price the maple grams sell at as Goldbits stated he did not have them in hand so selling at below retail price would be a concern.

Any chance of some clear face on pics of the coin and not angled shots.
legendary
The Cryptonumist
February 25, 2015, 04:09:55 PM

Any coin dimensions or better close up pics of the coin

as far as i can tell, 33mm by 3mm
legendary
The Cryptonumist
February 25, 2015, 04:07:16 PM
Any coin dimensions or better close up pics of the coin

Just updated post
legendary
February 25, 2015, 04:06:40 PM
Any coin dimensions.

legendary
The Cryptonumist
February 25, 2015, 04:05:07 PM

Activity: 606
Merit: 500
February 25, 2015, 03:54:48 PM
About to open box now..
Care to post any pictures of an empty box?
legendary
February 25, 2015, 03:51:33 PM
drum roll  Smiley
legendary
The Cryptonumist
February 25, 2015, 03:49:33 PM
About to open box now..
legendary
The Cryptonumist
February 25, 2015, 09:43:05 AM
the coin is now in my city. I should have it in a few hours.

I see many people speculating that I am / am associated with GB. Due to this, I will not be making an 'endorsement' of the seller even if the coin comes out as legit. Everyone should do their own due diligence; I can admit that mine was not very extensive. I of course hope that whatever GB continues to sell (if he does) is fully legit, as to avoid accusations against myself.
Activity: 606
February 25, 2015, 09:30:02 AM
I mean the whole way the guy acted screamed scammer. This is gonna be funny but sad.
There are a lot of red flags for scams. The risk of getting scammer is just too large with this guy for it to make sense to do business with him.

Any trader with any level of experience should know not to send money to this person after only a tracking number was purchased by the seller. Even if the seller actually delivers this time does not mean it makes any sense to buy from him without escrow. I would say there is a good chance Elainite is somehow associated with the seller.
Activity: 767
February 25, 2015, 07:09:31 AM
I mean the whole way the guy acted screamed scammer. This is gonna be funny but sad.

all i required was better communication from him, instead of deleting questions and showing regards to accusations, even if he didn't want to escrow, explain why, instead of calling people who are asking about it trolls.

and calling themselfs "I'm an honest & reputable seller" with nothing to back it up really dug deeper into that hole..

showing legitimacy of the coin, would of helped, without being there with my own xray
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 25, 2015, 01:03:22 AM
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
February 25, 2015, 12:49:06 AM
As a seller, that is my problem with escrow:  It adds an unnecessary layer of trust for me.  Granted, my reputation is nowhere near as strong as some others on this forum, but at a certain point, the need for escrow becomes blurred.  As a buyer, do you wish to trust one person with a positive reputation, or do you wish to trust two?

Also, ironically, the buyer who agreed to send 4 BTC because he is "convinced" the seller is legitimate has come under my microscope.  I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a trusted member going to great lengths to create a seemingly-credible alt account in order to use it to scam others.  For example:  Step 1) Establish, build, and maintain credibility of primary account, Step 2) create alt-account at a future date, Step 3) act suspicious toward alt account and stage a transaction in order to establish credibility of the alt account, Step 4) use alt account to scam in future without raising suspicion against the primary account, Step 5) Profit.  

I wouldn't normally assume this as a possibility, but when the first transaction is for 1 oz. gold, I have to raise an eyebrow.  The general outcome of a successful first transaction of this nature is that many people will likely assume that the chances of being scammed by the same account for any amount less than 1 oz. gold is low.  This gives the account free reign to scam up to the value of ~1 oz. gold at which the precedent was set.

I really can't blame you.

If it ever does come down to it, I would be willing to share my correspondence with GoldBits, minus my address with some trusted member. (which I suppose I could have faked with great effort..)
I almost backed out of the deal, but since GB was willing to pre-purchase the Canada Post mailing slip which provided me the tracking info, I am confident that he can be tracked down by it should a fraud investigation be launched. I know he used a credit card to pay also, for example (all traceable). The post office where he dropped it off would also have cameras, aiding in identifying the fraudster. Had the seller been located outside Canada, I would not have done the deal.

I never suspected that I myself would go under the microscope for doing the transaction; frankly if I knew there would be this much chatter, I wouldn't have gotten involved beyond the initial advice I gave.

Please don't take it personally.  As we all know, none of us really have the luxury of giving anyone here the benefit of the doubt.  I expect others regard me similarly.  It speaks volumes about the conduct here that I'm even entertaining what is admittedly a tin-foil hat consideration in almost any other setting.  I'm actually glad you read my post and responded to it in the way that you did.  I was certainly wondering what you might think of it.
February 24, 2015, 06:08:26 PM
fingers crossed for you Smiley

Are you planning on having an xrf test done etc?

Thanks.

In all likelihood I will sell it straight to a coin dealer for cash, or however it works. Theres a big one in my city that buys these things. then Ill just buy BTC again with the money. Decent profit to be had.

just as long as it wasn't this:
http://ansencrafts.en.alibaba.com/product/1926709572-213158681/Hot_sales_custom_2015_American_BUFFALO_Indian_Head_Copy_gold_Coin.html
or the dealer will make a laughing stock out of you
legendary
The Cryptonumist
February 24, 2015, 05:54:26 PM
fingers crossed for you Smiley

Are you planning on having an xrf test done etc?

Thanks.

In all likelihood I will sell it straight to a coin dealer for cash, or however it works. Theres a big one in my city that buys these things. then Ill just buy BTC again with the money. Decent profit to be had.
February 24, 2015, 05:50:53 PM
Usual scammer profile applies -

Newbie member - check
No trade history - check
Refusing Escrow - check
Wants you to send 1st - check
No pics of goods on offer - check
Goods offered at amazing price - check

1 of 4 scenarios apply -

1) Either he doesnt have the coin full stop and its a scam.
2) He has one but has no intention of sending it so a scam.
3) He has a piss poor fake/copy hoping to pass it off as the real thing.
4) Trolls couldn't stop me from selling my coin for 4BTC

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120101114931/nonsensopedia/images/3/31/So-much-win.png

oh the dank of scammer is strong on this one..

seriously though, if i was in his shoes, i would have thrown up info on where it was bought, i'd even show x-rays of the damn coin
Pages:
Jump to: