Pages:
Author

Topic: gonefishing510 - I sent him a casasicus coin - he got it --- no anwer - page 2. (Read 6714 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Just make sure you're not crossing any lines legally if you're looking at posting contact information of anyone mentioned. It could create complications if there are claims of harassment due to having their info made public (I don't actually know if this will create problems legally but I'd recommend using some caution with how you proceed).

LOL no it won't Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
so is it a women or a man, i am confused here
if its that girl on the news channel, simply contact the news station and ask how you can get in touch with her,say you are a witness to that police crime that happened.

or the scammer could be using her indenity which they got from her computer,thats why you think its her

I'm pretty sure it's a dude named Kim.  I will know a lot more in a few days when I get the contract with the private eye executed and get his report.

I am planning to file a lawsuit, however, before doing that I plan to potentially post the name and home phone number of this person, as well as, potentially his neighbors, coworkers, and boss so that I and others here can perhaps make some phone calls to try and get our property back.  I honestly prefer not to have to sue because it will be a pita, but I will inorder to make an example.  That said, hopefully by spending a few hundred bucks with a private eye we can get enough info to make this person realize they are not going to get away with it.

Their real mistake here was using false names and multiple accounts... that is what show clear intention to defraud.  I am no longer upset about losing the coin I sent because I will get it back, what I am upset about is the work I am going to have to do.  That said, it will be good to make an example out of someone on these forums to hopefully dissuade others from trying this shit again.

Just make sure you're not crossing any lines legally if you're looking at posting contact information of anyone mentioned. It could create complications if there are claims of harassment due to having their info made public (I don't actually know if this will create problems legally but I'd recommend using some caution with how you proceed).
Yeah, I also agree. It'd be like posting sex videos of your ex.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
if its that girl on the news channel, simply contact the news station and ask how you can get in touch with her,say you are a witness to that police crime that happened.

or the scammer could be using her indenity which they got from her computer,thats why you think its her

I'm pretty sure it's a dude named Kim.  I will know a lot more in a few days when I get the contract with the private eye executed and get his report.

I am planning to file a lawsuit, however, before doing that I plan to potentially post the name and home phone number of this person, as well as, potentially his neighbors, coworkers, and boss so that I and others here can perhaps make some phone calls to try and get our property back.  I honestly prefer not to have to sue because it will be a pita, but I will inorder to make an example.  That said, hopefully by spending a few hundred bucks with a private eye we can get enough info to make this person realize they are not going to get away with it.

Their real mistake here was using false names and multiple accounts... that is what show clear intention to defraud.  I am no longer upset about losing the coin I sent because I will get it back, what I am upset about is the work I am going to have to do.  That said, it will be good to make an example out of someone on these forums to hopefully dissuade others from trying this shit again.

Activity: 512
Merit: 250
ICO is evil

Damn, usually victims just let it go, you go man! See it through to the end. Any scammers in the future dealing with you, send him this thread and scare their ass.

Well honestly, thats sort of the point.  Someone needs to put their foot down and do all they can, using the legal system, to stop this bullshit.  Honestly, for me, the one silver bitcoin is a big deal because it had a lot of sentimental value and I only offered it for sale because I was in a tight financial spot.  I have since borrowed some cash from my father, so I am okay right now - but what this guy did isn't okay.  Someone has to show the scammers out there that while sticking within the law, and following the rules, it still possible to catch them.  

Andy - I know you're reading this thread, and I know at this point you have to be concerned.  I am still willing to shut this entire process down if you return my coin or pay me, and return nmat's coins or pay him.  But at this point, I have put time into this.  I have more time and work to put in, at some point I am going to become unwilling to let this go man.  You're on a clock to make this right.

Also, nmat has agreed to the cost of the private eye - so at this point we are moving forward.  You are now going to have to compensate us for money spent pursuing you to get us to go away.

Damn, usually victims just let it go, you go man! See it through to the end. Any scammers in the future dealing with you, send him this thread and scare their ass.
ICO is evil

Activity: 378
So is it a women or a man, i am confused here

If its that girl on the news channel, simply contact the news station and ask how you can get in touch with her,say you are a witness to that police crime that happened,and take it from there that might lead to an address.

The scammer could be using her identity which they got from her computer,thats why you think its her,this normally tends to be the case.

interesting story
ICO is evil
Well, we haven't officially hired the private eye yet... but at this point, baring nmat not agreeing to a very reasonable cost, I think we are already getting tons of good information.   BTW - if anyone needs an investigator in the San Jose area, I think I can recommend one now.

There should be some fireworks in this thread in the next few days or weeks. Smiley
https://www.facebook.com/kimbeeyannoe Sent her a message explaining what "Andy" has done and that she is about to be named as an accessory to his scam. Asked if she could help us out to avoid including her in the charges.

Her facebook page has been taken down.  I'm now thinking that Andy may just be Kim...

It's back online
Sorry for double posting... but, is this bitch her?!?!
http://politicalblindspot.com/lapd-assault/
Looks a lot like the chick on the right in facebook!
Smiley This thread is definitely interesting. If it works out well, this MIGHT deter future scammers, hopefully. *Watches*

P.S. - I don't mind going over to "Andy's" home if someone pays for first class tickets to CA. Cheesy Hell, I'll even toss in a recorded video of the conversation with my GoPro.
ICO is evil
Thread is getting interesting
Also I want to find out who Andy works for so I can call people in his office and let them know who they are dealing with.

^^^----THIS FTW

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wtb-or-i-guess-hire-a-private-investigator-in-newark-ca-418927

If anyone is interested.

Andy - I know you're reading this.  I am serious, I am going to cause you a serious headache for what you have done.  But you can still get out of this.  Send me my money and pay nmat or return his coins and we can just let this go.  I don't want to have to get involved with your life, but I will because someone needs to make an example out of people who take advantage of others... but again I will drop it if you make it right.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Also I want to find out who Andy works for so I can call people in his office and let them know who they are dealing with.

^^^----THIS FTW
ICO is evil

I am thinking about getting a private eye to confirm the name, address, and situation with Andy and Kim.  Also I want to find out who Andy works for so I can call people in his office and let them know who they are dealing with.
Activity: 712
Merit: 500
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Nice work tracking down the scammer, hope you can salvage at least some of what she/he/it stole.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
What ever happened to the good old days where a mans word was his word, and a baseball bat was your best friend?

I think this crap will be the downfall of BTC. ZERO accountability,penalties and too much anonymity. Initially thought to be great, but it makes it near impossible to earn, store, use and convert BTC without taking it up the rear.
Well, they started putting people in jail for the baseball bat bit... so....
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
What ever happened to the good old days where a mans word was his word, and a baseball bat was your best friend?

I think this crap will be the downfall of BTC. ZERO accountability,penalties and too much anonymity. Initially thought to be great, but it makes it near impossible to earn, store, use and convert BTC without taking it up the rear.
ICO is evil
Anyone have a friend in a mortgage firm or a telemarketing firm? We should put the phone number into the auto dialer and hit dial once every minute.

I'm pretty sure I can make this guy's life a nightmare without doing something like that.  The fact is he acted with clear intent to defraud.  I have photographs of the coin from right before I sent them to him... so I can prove it wasn't tampered with.  

Additionally, he stole 35 btc worth from someone else, and, to top it all off, and this really is the clincher, he tried to use different forum identities to both bolster his own feedback, and to attempt to assign blame to other people.  It now goes from simple breech of contract to intent to defraud, grand theft, and probably something about using different identities...  Plus I'm pretty sure he is involving his daughter, so this will end up messing her life up to.  

Sad.  

Andy - you can still get out of this.  Send me my money and nmat his coins and we will back off and let this go.

In the meantime, watch out for all delivery people, or people near you... one of them is going to hand you an envelope... once that's done, there's no more outs for you.
Activity: 342
Just posting to say good luck bringing the scammer to justice. Ideally the victims will be able to recover some or all of their losses, but even if that doesn't happen you'd be doing the bitcoin community a service by showing scammers that they can and will be taken to court for their transgressions.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Anyone have a friend in a mortgage firm or a telemarketing firm? We should put the phone number into the auto dialer and hit dial once every minute.
Pages:
Jump to: