Pages:
Author

Topic: Good bye LTC? - page 2. (Read 6696 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 510
June 01, 2013, 05:09:48 PM
What do you think? Why is LTC dying?

It's not dying. It has over 50 million market cap.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
June 01, 2013, 05:08:45 PM
GPU miners leave BTC and go to LTC. the LTC community gets larger. more services created for it. the price goes up.

GPU miners will mine ltc more then ever. (but looking and 86% rate to bitcoin, 20% more power and noise to hash and exchange fees, transfer it is like 65% now)
supply/demand

price will fall

gpu will be sold at 40% value in 2 months from now

sad but true
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
June 01, 2013, 05:03:30 PM
you guys are forgetting that with the release of Atlantis Marketplace there is now an actual place to spend litecoins on besides gambling
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
June 01, 2013, 02:58:14 PM
What do you think? Why is LTC dying?

You base your question on price.

Price =/= life or death.

Unless there is not traded value then it might be considered dead. I look at the network for vital statistics of "life".
Activity: 112
June 01, 2013, 02:53:10 PM
I decided to sell all my litecoins a week ago because I thought the price would continue to sink a bit lower and it has. I mostly bought them for the Gox rumor but with all the problems there facing now it's looking like they won't add it for a few more months.  And when they do who knows how many users will still be trading on there site.

Problems? Don't they have to just file some paperwork to resume business as usual in the states?
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
June 01, 2013, 02:49:46 PM
http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,4008.msg28501.html#msg28501 I predicted boththe ltcbtc drop and threads like these. People trading cryptocoins are super predictable. Its much, much easier then the forex market. Please for your own sake, if your not a trader consider thar onn the other side of the trade is someone likely eating your lunch. Especially so if you do short term trading.

Grin hello fellow forex trader ... only thing I'm missing here is leverage...and pips...  Cry

Pips ftw! Wink. Im curious, do you alsoo find cryptocoin simple to trade compared to, say, eurusd? I find that there is almost no whipsawingg and patterns actually play out the way u think time n time again. Even the fundamentals are easy I think. What do you think?
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
June 01, 2013, 02:24:40 PM
I decided to sell all my litecoins a week ago because I thought the price would continue to sink a bit lower and it has. I mostly bought them for the Gox rumor but with all the problems there facing now it's looking like they won't add it for a few more months.  And when they do who knows how many users will still be trading on there site.
Activity: 256
June 01, 2013, 01:37:34 PM
Isn't the underlying question here really whether the BEST or the FIRST coin will succeed? I have been thinking a lot about the relation between Best versus First. Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola dates back over a hundred years. What part does First and Best play in this legend, and how does First co-relate to Best?

Pepsi went bankrupt twice. http://www.businessinsider.com/soda-wars-coca-cola-pepsi-history-infographic-2011-11?op=1 Anyone know if there were any others in the early days beside Pepsi Cola that were competing with Coca Cola?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
June 01, 2013, 12:52:43 PM
GPU miners leave BTC and go to LTC. the LTC community gets larger. more services created for it. the price goes up.

this!
Activity: 75
June 01, 2013, 11:49:17 AM
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
June 01, 2013, 01:04:53 AM
I'll make this fun and easy for the OP..

LTC is so dead. The new Buttcoin is the future mine all of it.. tell your friends, your sister, your cousins.. take out a mortgage and buy every buttcoin you can because LTC is fluctuating like a normal market it has to be dead  Roll Eyes

Also, GOX has just as much volume as btc-e so don't expect that unicorn to change LTC to $100 each.

Ha ha ha ha.

I expect 100-500% increase when LTC hits Gox.

That is conservative when it comes to crypto  Cool
Activity: 1232
Alexander KOSTIN | GoldMint
June 01, 2013, 01:03:29 AM
I'll make this fun and easy for the OP..

LTC is so dead. The new Buttcoin is the future mine all of it.. tell your friends, your sister, your cousins.. take out a mortgage and buy every buttcoin you can because LTC is fluctuating like a normal market it has to be dead  Roll Eyes

Also, GOX has just as much volume as btc-e so don't expect that unicorn to change LTC to $100 each.
legendary
June 01, 2013, 01:00:00 AM

Yes the official Mt Gox announcement must be FUD  Roll Eyes

Of course not, if you read it on the net it has to be true.

Well it was in an official Mt Gox Press Release. Hardly the BTC-e trollbox or Bitcointalk (which is becoming just as bad)
legendary
Activity: 1311
June 01, 2013, 12:50:31 AM

Yes the official Mt Gox announcement must be FUD  Roll Eyes

Of course not, if you read it on the net it has to be true.
legendary
June 01, 2013, 12:23:04 AM

MtGox will NEVER offer Litecoin exchange services. I know they already announced it, but mark my words, it is never going to happen.

I think this is the case as well. They will pick one of the newer offerings or none at all.

Yes the official Mt Gox announcement must be FUD  Roll Eyes

Personally I think LTC is going to pick up when no one expects it.

(Gox aren't going to give much notice)

Hold on!
Activity: 812
June 01, 2013, 12:20:00 AM
I made over 10K from feathercoin

10K what?
Activity: 840
June 01, 2013, 12:00:41 AM
As said before Litecoin is dying because it offers 0 advantage over bitcoin. Except it is accepted at fewer places and even more risky. Don't waste your money. All of these altcoins will be dead within a year.

Only an altcoin that offers something significantly different and better than bitcoin has a chance of surviving.

MtGox will NEVER offer Litecoin exchange services. I know they already announced it, but mark my words, it is never going to happen.

I'd argue MtGox has even more reason to add Litecoin now because traders are leaving them after recent blunders. They need something to bring people back, otherwise their numbers will keep declining.
legendary
Activity: 1311
May 31, 2013, 11:36:39 PM

I think this is the case as well. They will pick one of the newer offerings or none at all.
Activity: 938
www.multipool.us
May 31, 2013, 10:58:26 PM
litecoin is down because it's one of 10000000 scrypt coins in the market instead of one of 10.  Pretty standard drop.  The mass flood tends to lower everyone else.  At some point it'll stabilize but that won't be till people stop making new coins, presumably when they no longer profit from doing so and the complete lol coins totally die off.

This.  People are realizing that LTC has nothing over the other scrypt coins (some of which have more active developers) other than a small head start and a handful of sites accepting it.

It's still the best alt coin, but it's losing ground.
Activity: 89
May 31, 2013, 10:54:24 PM
litecoin is down because it's one of 10000000 scrypt coins in the market instead of one of 10.  Pretty standard drop.  The mass flood tends to lower everyone else.  At some point it'll stabilize but that won't be till people stop making new coins, presumably when they no longer profit from doing so and the complete lol coins totally die off.
Pages:
Jump to: