Pages:
Author

Topic: Good bye LTC? - page 3. (Read 6696 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
May 31, 2013, 10:51:44 PM
As said before Litecoin is dying because it offers 0 advantage over bitcoin. Except it is accepted at fewer places and even more risky. Don't waste your money. All of these altcoins will be dead within a year.

Only an altcoin that offers something significantly different and better than bitcoin has a chance of surviving.

MtGox will NEVER offer Litecoin exchange services. I know they already announced it, but mark my words, it is never going to happen.

BTC is awesome. So is LTC - you cannot deny that the faster transactions and Scrypt proof of work scheme brought something to the table.

Your post is rubbish.

EDIT: is 4 x transaction speeds a significant improvement in your eyes? Clearly not. Lol
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
May 31, 2013, 10:49:49 PM
As said before Litecoin is dying because it offers 0 advantage over bitcoin. Except it is accepted at fewer places and even more risky. Don't waste your money. All of these altcoins will be dead within a year.

Only an altcoin that offers something significantly different and better than bitcoin has a chance of surviving.

MtGox will NEVER offer Litecoin exchange services. I know they already announced it, but mark my words, it is never going to happen.
May 31, 2013, 09:49:15 PM
Soon there will be an ethical coin you can mine for "free" ontop (merge mine) with LTC.

Ethicoin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ethicoin-is-coming-ethicoins-purpose-is-to-improve-the-condition-of-humanity-221375

Have fun  Wink
Activity: 518
May 31, 2013, 07:29:33 PM
WDC is certainly gaining ground for being in its early stage.

That's what was said about Feathercoin as well. Don't get me wrong, I made over 10K from feathercoin, but just look at where it's at now..
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
May 31, 2013, 06:43:44 PM
LTC is dying. There are other coins that are better now.

Check out worldcoin.

WDC? ROFL

WDC is certainly gaining ground for being in its early stage.
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
May 31, 2013, 06:32:02 PM

Check out worldcoin.

WDC? ROFL
May 31, 2013, 05:51:07 PM
BTC or USD, the fact is LTC was very low prior to Gox rumours. How much it costed 1 year ago is absolutely irrelevant here.

It was over a dollar a few hours before the gox news broke. And it was 80 cents a couple of days before that. And prior to that it was 40 to 70 cents for a few weeks. Nothing like 3 dollars where it is now but it was still showing solid growth, and at the time those numbers were massive for an alt currency.

What really kicked it off is when Bitcoin broke $32 and started it's bull run up to $260. People started kicking themselves for missing the boat and looked for 'the next bitcoin', at the same time lots of new blood came into the game, brought in by the media attention.

Where are you guys getting these facts? LTC was WELL above $2 when the Gox news broke. It may have been much higher but that is my limited knowledge (I had Real Life things to attend to)

EDIT: According to my limited knowledge LTC was about to crack $5 when the Gox news broke - I just did a quick google to check my facts.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
May 31, 2013, 05:44:39 PM
BTC or USD, the fact is LTC was very low prior to Gox rumours. How much it costed 1 year ago is absolutely irrelevant here.

It was over a dollar a few hours before the gox news broke. And it was 80 cents a couple of days before that. And prior to that it was 40 to 70 cents for a few weeks. Nothing like 3 dollars where it is now but it was still showing solid growth, and at the time those numbers were massive for an alt currency.

What really kicked it off is when Bitcoin broke $32 and started it's bull run up to $260. People started kicking themselves for missing the boat and looked for 'the next bitcoin', at the same time lots of new blood came into the game, brought in by the media attention.
May 31, 2013, 05:34:53 PM
At http://dustcoin.com/mining LTC is second most profitable to mine.

And if you do not have a BTC rig it is therefore most profitable.

It is not dying.

Smiley

I call FUD!

LTC is stronger than ever
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
May 31, 2013, 05:28:42 PM
In 3-6 months time I will bump this thread and most of you will be very sad. LTC is not dying. Your soul is dying
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
May 31, 2013, 05:09:54 PM

Check out worldcoin.
Activity: 492
May 31, 2013, 05:09:06 PM
http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,4008.msg28501.html#msg28501 I predicted boththe ltcbtc drop and threads like these. People trading cryptocoins are super predictable. Its much, much easier then the forex market. Please for your own sake, if your not a trader consider thar onn the other side of the trade is someone likely eating your lunch. Especially so if you do short term trading.

Grin  only thing I'm missing here is leverage...and pips...  Cry
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
May 31, 2013, 02:25:43 PM
http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,4008.msg28501.html#msg28501 I predicted boththe ltcbtc drop and threads like these. People trading cryptocoins are super predictable. Its much, much easier then the forex market. Please for your own sake, if your not a trader consider thar onn the other side of the trade is someone likely eating your lunch. Especially so if you do short term trading.
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
May 31, 2013, 02:18:02 PM
LTC was 0.021 just prior to the announcement that MtGox was going to implement LTC.

Before first rumours started it was actualy around 0.0004

.0004?

Rumors first started, what date exactly? Thank you.

2 - 3 months ago.

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=6-months&resolution=day&pair=ltc-btc&market=vircurex

We'll go back to Dec. 3, 2012 (6 months) just to be safe.

Price was .072 at it's low. Where's the .0004 or even .004??

Anybody can check that chart and see that the price stayed constant for a couple of months and then shot up right around the time Gox officially announced support for LTC.

FUD BS. Done with this troll thread.

STILL buying and mining.

we talk about LTC to BTC

Gotcha. Still done with this thread.
Activity: 196
May 31, 2013, 02:16:12 PM
LTC was 0.021 just prior to the announcement that MtGox was going to implement LTC.

.0004?

2 - 3 months ago.

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=6-months&resolution=day&pair=ltc-btc&market=vircurex

Anybody can check that chart and see that the price stayed constant for a couple of months and then shot up right around the time Gox officially announced support for LTC.

STILL buying and mining.

we talk about LTC to BTC
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
May 31, 2013, 02:14:38 PM

.0004?

2 - 3 months ago.

Anybody can check that chart and see that the price stayed constant for a couple of months and then shot up right around the time Gox officially announced support (and delay in implementing) for LTC.

STILL buying and mining.
Activity: 168
May 31, 2013, 02:09:58 PM
how do people make money?

think wisely and buy when everyone else panic and dumps

+1

I'm buying and mining LTC. Keep dumping them, please, thank you!

+1
+1
Activity: 45
May 31, 2013, 02:08:08 PM
People was saying "LTC will be worth of 20 DOLLARS!" so it is a lie?

not a lie, it's speculation
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 31, 2013, 01:50:29 PM

Not following. LTC has already survived longer than most cryptos and increased significantly in value vs both fiat *AND* BTC all while "competing" with an established crypto. Why will it suddenly fail when there are more uses for it now than ever before?

If you want guarantees then you should probably pack up your crypto clients right here and now. I suggest goobermint bonds. These are guaranteed...guaranteed to collapse. 

You can't use "it worked for bitcoin" when discussing litecoin because the market landscape in those scenarios is completely different.  Bitcoin was pioneering a trail, things that worked for it won't always work for litecoin which has to compete with what is now a vastly oversaturated crypto market.

...and? The thread title is about LTC's demise. How does an expansion in the Litecoin economy not work in it's favor? The fact that BTC had SR before LTC had Atlantis does nothing to reduce the utility increase LTC users potentially gain from the existence of Atlantis. You seem to be hung up on your pre-existing conclusion that LTC is not a first and therefore any progress should be dismissed.

Also when you use the terms "guarantee" and "won't always work" you're weakening your own arguments. Please see post above about government bonds and guarantees. 
Activity: 167
May 31, 2013, 01:40:25 PM

Not following. LTC has already survived longer than most cryptos and increased significantly in value vs both fiat *AND* BTC all while "competing" with an established crypto. Why will it suddenly fail when there are more uses for it now than ever before?

If you want guarantees then you should probably pack up your crypto clients right here and now. I suggest goobermint bonds. These are guaranteed...guaranteed to collapse. 

You can't use "it worked for bitcoin" when discussing litecoin because the market landscape in those scenarios is completely different.  Bitcoin was pioneering a trail, things that worked for it won't always work for litecoin which has to compete with what is now a vastly oversaturated crypto market.
Pages:
Jump to: