Pages:
Author

Topic: Good bye LTC? - page 5. (Read 6696 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
May 31, 2013, 12:52:38 PM
..LTC serves no worthwhile purpose and should be trading at DGC or WDC levels...
..both DGC and WDC are good coins with excellent support networks..
.. Comparable to a YAC..

Quoted for a good laugh

Cheesy I also guys comparing LTC to shitcoins and saying they are better Cheesy:D maybe when there will be any serious service for WDC, DGC or YAC we can polemize about being equal, but until then - lol
May 31, 2013, 12:51:09 PM
good time to buy imo... only time will tell though...

Seems like NVC is going to be the second hard coin behind the BTC.

Beware of NVC as it price is manipulated by BTC-e since beginning (they are watching over market and making bids, asks to make price nice)!! But they might lose interest in it later
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
May 31, 2013, 12:49:21 PM
You guys need to try harder.
legendary
Activity: 1038
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin entrepreneur and Pro Trader
May 31, 2013, 12:48:59 PM
..LTC serves no worthwhile purpose and should be trading at DGC or WDC levels...
..both DGC and WDC are good coins with excellent support networks..
.. Comparable to a YAC..

Quoted for a good laugh
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
May 31, 2013, 12:44:35 PM

DGC and WDC are both "faster" than LTC, by the same metric that LTC uses to say it is faster than BTC, and both DGC and WDC are good coins with excellent support networks

I agree with fenican. LTC had it's shot at the title and lost. Time to back one of the newer contenders with a better chance at the title. WDC or DGC you choose; both better options than LTC.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1002
May 31, 2013, 12:42:13 PM
this post seems very premature. it seems to me only a price adjustment but, PLEASE, continue to spread the news, so I can buy more and more litecoins to a yet more favorable price.
Activity: 1394
Merit: 505
May 31, 2013, 12:32:24 PM
Not looking too good for LTC

The only thing new or interesting about it was that it used a different hash algorithm.  So, if that adds value, why is YAC not trading at .025 BTC ?

To make matters worse, the LTC code base has fallen behind BTC's and developers are asking for donations to try to catch up.

At this point, I think the argument can be made that LTC serves no worthwhile purpose and should be trading at DGC or WDC levels.

DGC and WDC are both "faster" than LTC, by the same metric that LTC uses to say it is faster than BTC, and both DGC and WDC are good coins with excellent support networks

Also, let's not accept the argument that LTC is anything original.  It was a copy/paste of the BTC source code with a new hashing algorithm.  Little else was added.  Comparable to a YAC
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
May 31, 2013, 12:19:34 PM
how do people make money?

think wisely and buy when everyone else panic and dumps

+1

I'm buying and mining LTC. Keep dumping them, please, thank you!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
May 31, 2013, 11:57:30 AM

Common sense is not tolerated here sir, please refrain from future post of this nature!

~BCX~

haha
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
May 31, 2013, 11:56:43 AM

Common sense is not tolerated here sir, please refrain from future post of this nature!

~BCX~

Oh hey you're back!
Activity: 167
May 31, 2013, 11:52:14 AM
People are starting to understand there is no use for litecoin. It offers no innovation over bitcoin.

What do you mean? I will have to disagree with you. http://cablesaurus.com/

Sorry a small handful of online retailers does not a useful currency make.

I know there are plenty of proponents(early adopters) for LTC on this board, but as someone who took a break following crypto during it's inception and came back later I really don't see what's innovative about it at all from a non "miner profit" based perspective.

It's asic proof, great so asic miners will never care about it.  It's "faster" than bitcoin, but not fast enough to make a big difference especially compared to the nearly instant speed of the recent alt clones.  It's main saving grace is it was one of the first scrypt coins so it was adopted by tons of GPU miners looking to avoid the upcoming ASIC mining wave in Bitcoins.  I just don't see that being enough to keep it afloat when every day new scrypt coins come out that offer improvements, especially when it doesn't have the name recognition and community/retailer support of Bitcoin.

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
May 31, 2013, 11:51:59 AM

Wow, a sensible response.

Why is LTC crashing at the moment? Simple.

Its value rocketed up along with Bitcoin's a couple of months ago, and since then, a lot of people have bought in to what was Gox rumour at the time. After Gox announced that they would be implementing LTC in the future on an official press release, rumours started flying around that Gox weren't ever going to implement LTC.

So what have we learned? People are more interested in baseless rumour and speculation than facts and official announcements. That's frightening in itself.

I view this (if not today, when it levels out) as the perfect time to buy LTC. LTC is not dead, it's just getting started.
Activity: 196
May 31, 2013, 11:44:23 AM

Activity: 112
May 31, 2013, 11:42:33 AM
Its gone down because some troll posted on the Litecoin Forums that MtGox wouldn't be accepting LTC currency.
This is for the benefit of someone who is now stockpiling LTC at the lower price before it bounces back.
Activity: 258
Look ARROUND!
May 31, 2013, 11:20:30 AM

"Novacoin has no hard cap except for the 2 billion coin max that has been entered for coding purposes; this can be lifted in the future if needed."

So how the hell is it trading 50% higher than LTC, which has a maximum supply of 84 million?

This is irrelevant. What matter is how much money can 1 person do in one day with a fixed kh/s.
For example with 600 kh/s, at the current difficulty, you can make $3.22 with bitcoin, $3.07 with novacoin and $2.84 with litecoin. Yes, now it seems that is more profitable to mine novacoin, and if the miners will switch from litecoin to novacoin, then the hashrate will drop for litecoin, adn the dollars / day will increase. And this is all that matter at one point, the dollars / days
Activity: 224
May 31, 2013, 11:15:23 AM
One simple reason, several answers:

* The price crossed down through the difficulty.

* Mining LTC is now less profitable than BTC and barely covers electricity let alone hardware costs.

* ASICs can mine BTC much more efficiently.

* LTC's rise coincided with its peak as a vehicle for GPU mining.

Fortunately I mined a BTC's worth and sold my 2nd 7950 at a profit - I think I was very lucky! Just look at the flood of high-end GFX cards on the marketplace.

I agree with these statements. The only REAL reason for LTC's 'success' (or any Scrypt coin for that matter) has to do with the dynamics of the mining community. Miners simply 'hold' coin at a certain value based on break even for GPU equipment. When it falls below profitability far enough the crash only accelerates as miners move away from the network.
Activity: 224
May 31, 2013, 11:13:28 AM

If you can give a single reason for NVC becoming 'nr2' other then your personal opinion that would prob be useful. I personally think the early pre-mine stigma and the lack of adoption vs. LTC makes this exceptionally unlikely.
Activity: 102
May 31, 2013, 10:47:11 AM

"Novacoin has no hard cap except for the 2 billion coin max that has been entered for coding purposes; this can be lifted in the future if needed."

So how the hell is it trading 50% higher than LTC, which has a maximum supply of 84 million?

And how do you measure the "price" again? What about BTC? Is it at the "right price"?

At 1/4 the price of BTC, since it has 4 times the supply...in theory. This assumes that demand for LTC is identical to BTC, which clearly it is not.

This forum attracts so many economists and market researchers, it's unbelievable

You secretly love it.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
May 31, 2013, 10:35:25 AM
People are starting to understand there is no use for litecoin. It offers no innovation over bitcoin.

What do you mean? I will have to disagree with you. http://cablesaurus.com/
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
May 31, 2013, 07:41:40 AM
One simple reason, several answers:

* The price crossed down through the difficulty.

* Mining LTC is now less profitable than BTC and barely covers electricity let alone hardware costs.

* ASICs can mine BTC much more efficiently.

* LTC's rise coincided with its peak as a vehicle for GPU mining.

Fortunately I mined a BTC's worth and sold my 2nd 7950 at a profit - I think I was very lucky! Just look at the flood of high-end GFX cards on the marketplace.
Pages:
Jump to: