Pages:
Author

Topic: Good Speeds on Sapphire 5830's 311.4MHash/s - page 4. (Read 24138 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
From what research I've done in order to overclock multiple GPU's (different clocks, some get better than others) you will have to flash each BIOS individually with the settings desired.

Might want to read up here: http://benchmarks.gr/676/radeon-bios-editor-v127/ and http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/154
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
Ok, I'll post the script in a minute.
Activity: 154
Yes, please explain further.
Sapphire 5830s. I do have PCIE 2.0 2x 16 slots with out extenders. I'm using XP and CCC with the stream kernel analyzer. I can show you my script if you would like.
Activity: 154
Must be a different card than the 5830. Maybe 5850?
Activity: 11
I get 325 mh/s with only 850 clock speed. Running poclbm.

How can that be possible? I'm hitting only 270mh with poclbm on both my 5830s clocked at 900 core, using Afterburner to overclock but anything past 900 (Enabling 'unofficial' overclocking in the config) puts the system in an endless BSOD loop.

Am using these for what it's worth: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-xfx-hd-5830-pci-e-21-%28x16%29-4500mhz-gddr5-gpu-840mhz-1120-cores-dp-2xdl-dvi-i-hdmi
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
These ATI tray tools where do you find them? Is it better or about as good as Trixx?

-SNIP-
I know other people are getting more, but this is what is stable and has the most yield for me at this time. (And I am way happy with 303 MHash/s as compared to my 6970s which cost like >$200 over the 5830s and barely get 78 MHash/s more...)

The question I have is does anyone know of a OC'ing tool that will handle multiple GPUs?

YES!!! why is it so hard to find a simple concise answer about over clocking multi gpu WITHOUT crossfire?

Does MSI do it ?, I know trixx dosent cause Im running it

MSI seems to have a feature when pressing the "Settings" button that allows you to "Synchronize setting for similar graphics processors". My issue is that I am working with multiple type GPUs in one rig and need to OC/change the settings for the 2nd GPU or 3rd GPU if I decide to go crazy with an extender cable to bring out the PCI-E x1 slot. Not sure if I want to go down that road yet for the 3rd. I'm trying to see how much savings I would have just running multiple rigs vs. trying to pack more GPU then two on 1 motherboard. Stability and cooling comes into play, and having to get 1000 Watt power supplies. I guess I'm just old school and like my systems in closed cases with mega fans for air flow. As long as I keep them under 75 to 78 degrees, I think I'm good.

So any OC'ers out there know of this magical tool we seek?  Roll Eyes

HELP US!!!! might be worth some coinage!!!!!! Wink
Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.
These ATI tray tools where do you find them? Is it better or about as good as Trixx?

-SNIP-
I know other people are getting more, but this is what is stable and has the most yield for me at this time. (And I am way happy with 303 MHash/s as compared to my 6970s which cost like >$200 over the 5830s and barely get 78 MHash/s more...)

The question I have is does anyone know of a OC'ing tool that will handle multiple GPUs?

YES!!! why is it so hard to find a simple concise answer about over clocking multi gpu WITHOUT crossfire?

MSI seems to have a feature when pressing the "Settings" button that allows you to "Synchronize setting for similar graphics processors". My issue is that I am working with multiple type GPUs in one rig and need to OC/change the settings for the 2nd GPU or 3rd GPU if I decide to go crazy with an extender cable to bring out the PCI-E x1 slot. Not sure if I want to go down that road yet for the 3rd. I'm trying to see how much savings I would have just running multiple rigs vs. trying to pack more GPU then two on 1 motherboard. Stability and cooling comes into play, and having to get 1000 Watt power supplies. I guess I'm just old school and like my systems in closed cases with mega fans for air flow. As long as I keep them under 75 to 78 degrees, I think I'm good.

So any OC'ers out there know of this magical tool we seek?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 770
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

I found them here.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733

So my rigs are very clean, nothing but Win7x64, ATI drivers and AMD APP SDK Runtime. Then I turn off UAC and install ATI Tray Tools. Then make sure on the Hardware Overclocking you turn up the voltage to 1.163 and hit apply before you start moving the sliders. On my HD 5830 I am stable at Core 1001 and Mem Speed 300, temps stay around 70 to 72 but I do have moderate airflow.

After you get it all dial in and stable you should make a profile by checking the "Include clocks in profile" then clicking save icon. You can then select that profile to load on startup. With this method I am getting 303 MHash/s running Phoenix/phatk with these options:
-k phatk PLATFORM=0 DEVICE=1 VECTORS BFI_INT FASTLOOP=false WORKSIZE=128 AGGRESSION=12

Mining since May 2011.

I found them here.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733

So my rigs are very clean, nothing but Win7x64, ATI drivers and AMD APP SDK Runtime. Then I turn off UAC and install ATI Tray Tools. Then make sure on the Hardware Overclocking you turn up the voltage to 1.163 and hit apply before you start moving the sliders. On my HD 5830 I am stable at Core 1001 and Mem Speed 300, temps stay around 70 to 72 but I do have moderate airflow.

After you get it all dial in and stable you should make a profile by checking the "Include clocks in profile" then clicking save icon. You can then select that profile to load on startup. With this method I am getting 303 MHash/s running Phoenix/phatk with these options:
-k phatk PLATFORM=0 DEVICE=1 VECTORS BFI_INT FASTLOOP=false WORKSIZE=128 AGGRESSION=12

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Activity: 700

Wow. Nice.
Mining since May 2011.
I'm trying to overclock my quad Sapphire 5830's with Trixx, yet my changes are only being applied to my 4th gpu. Synchronize cards in multi-gpu configuration is checked in the trixx settings, but doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas?

Yes I am wondering that as well. Does anyone know the best tool to overclock multiple GPUs on Win 7 x64? Huh

I have used ATI Tray Tools which works great, got my 5830 to about 303 MHash/s with 300/1000 stable with temps around 68-70, but would like to get the 2nd GPU in the system OC'd as well.

Thanks.
Activity: 126
both of my 5830s are at 990/1000

i have a 5870 + 2x 5830s going on my main pc atm

i put a cunt of plastic between the 5830s and pushed them apart, then i put a noctua 120mm fan blowing down over the intake fans, the 120mm is resting on these awesome rubber mounting things, that happen to be perfect for sitting on hardware... noctua is way to expensive for a BTC rig though
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Ok... Upon advice here I did remove the middle 5830 and swapped it w\ the 5770 i had in the system next to it.

This didn't help temps at all.

Went to microcenter earlier today and got 2 of these :  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103091  for $5.96ea.  Because of the size of the fans and the orientation of the power plugs, I couldn't put both the same way.  I have the one in the front exhausting hot air upwards and the one in the back is blowing downwards.  Current temps under load are : 53, 61, 79.  Previously it was 91,7X,8X.

I have 3 fans for a 4 5830s with no extenders, doing really well.

I have a 120mm fan sitting on top of the 4 fans, blowing cool air into the seams of cards.
Another fan blowing the hot air from the front exhaust.
And another huge fan (vertical) blowing the back and the heat from the top.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 501
Ok... Upon advice here I did remove the middle 5830 and swapped it w\ the 5770 i had in the system next to it.

This didn't help temps at all.

Went to microcenter earlier today and got 2 of these :  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103091  for $5.96ea.  Because of the size of the fans and the orientation of the power plugs, I couldn't put both the same way.  I have the one in the front exhausting hot air upwards and the one in the back is blowing downwards.  Current temps under load are : 53, 61, 79.  Previously it was 91,7X,8X.

Activity: 13
I have one rig with 2 5830s and just ordered my second with 4 of them... Smiley 

The two I have were unstable anytime I tried to clock above 970, or memory below its normal 1000... what gives...  how are you guys able to OC them so high and they last for days.  (shrug)

Make sure when your dropping the memory, between 400-600 the card is extremely unstable. The Sapphire 5830, has a power save mode, which underclocks the card to 157/400 I think. ** I know the Core Clock speed is for sure, not the memory clock speeds in powersave mode **

Drop the memory clock all the way down to 300, make sure that the card is running above the powersave 0.9V

MSI Afterburner - Can't do it ** not that I know of anyway **

If your using ATI Tray Tools, set the Voltage profile from 0.9 to 1.163 then save the core clock somewhere between 800-1000 or where every you want, and the memory down to 300

If you bump the core above 828 I found that the card hardlocks using the 0.9V card profile.

Start by adjusting it at 5MHz increments and test for a couple minutes mining, making sure you keep your temps below 80C. You can run the Temps higher, but its not recommended for long term use, especially 24/7 100% utilization lol
When the card starts to studder back it off by 20MHz, then start playing with the AGGRESSION and WORKSIZE and other RPC Miner options.

It takes some playing around with to find the sweet spot for the card in your system, but when you find that hotspot, she's good to go for a long time Smiley, unless some fails of course Tongue

YES, Double YES!  thank you.  I can finally clock both cards the way I want and without crashing them.  the key was removing all the crappy tools like afterburner, trixx.  disabling ATI's own processes, and then removing UAC and installing ATI Tray tools as admin on win 7.  Upping the voltage FIRST before playing with RAM speed was the trick! kudos!  im at 980:180:1.163v and runnig stable at about 304Mhs on each card ... woo hoo.   Grin

--edit: Namely: I just sent you a little token of appreciation.  thanks much for the help. -John
Activity: 14
Im going to be putting my 3 card rig together later today. Do you recommend 64 bit or 32 bit Windows 7?  I can do Ubuntu/Vista/XP/any other OS, but I was getting the gist that Windows 7 was easiest to overclock on...
Activity: 700

1st card (Top) 73 celcius
2nd card (Middle) 87 celcius
3rd card (Bottom) 65 celcius

What the hell is going on? I get the 2nd card is in the middle and cant breathe, but i have 3x200MM fans blowing and the HAF case is made just for air flow, any ideas?

running 950/320 =\

I got my new 3x 5830 system up last night and ran into the same problem.

Can somebody suggest how to cool these?  Here's my setup

I added a 20-24'' box fan behind the setup but it didn't do much to help the temps.  One of the cards is around 65-70 and the other 2 are high 80's low 90's.

I'm also interested in how I should overclock all of them together.   

Thanks.

Yeah, rise the middle card, and buy a desk fan or something and point that at them.
Pages:
Jump to: