Pages:
Author

Topic: Good Speeds on Sapphire 5830's 311.4MHash/s - page 6. (Read 24138 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
You've got it, that middle card can't breathe.  If the different cards have different types of blowers, might be worth switching up the order.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Tutorials, guidelines, optimizations for all!
im doing 300 mhashes for each 5830 card via xfx or sapphire with phoenix -phatk.

now on my testbed machine, HAF 922 with 3x sapphire 5830s, check out the temps:

1st card (Top) 73 celcius
2nd card (Middle) 87 celcius
3rd card (Bottom) 65 celcius

What the hell is going on? I get the 2nd card is in the middle and cant breathe, but i have 3x200MM fans blowing and the HAF case is made just for air flow, any ideas?

running 950/320 =\
Activity: 39
Yeah, this sounds just about right.  In theory if you supply more voltage this card should be able to hit 1200 core, if you can cool it Cheesy  I'm thinking about taking one of my cards out of the production rig and seeing just how far I can push it.  350 Mhash/s seems just -barely- doable, but would be horrendous for juice and cooling.

I'm also using 2.1 and poclbm, haven't had enough time to play with the latest miner/SDK combos under Ubuntu.
Activity: 50
my xfx 5830 has been running for 3 weeks at stock voltage 400mhz memory and 1ghz core. never goes over 68c i only get 300mh/s though with phoenix with phatk.

edit: tried worksize 256 and i got 10mh/s more! weird poclbm gave me less with ws at 256.
My XFX seems to get REALLY unstable after 925mhz core, and I've tried lowering my memory clock to 275mhz. Can I ask what driver version and stream SDK you're using? What software did you use to overclock, and what miner are you using? Trying to push the most out of it if at all possible.
Activity: 13
my xfx 5830 has been running for 3 weeks at stock voltage 400mhz memory and 1ghz core. never goes over 68c i only get 300mh/s though with phoenix with phatk.

edit: tried worksize 256 and i got 10mh/s more! weird poclbm gave me less with ws at 256.

sweet... I hope I can do the same.  ill be very happy if I can get 300mhs out of each of them 24/7 with no issues..
Activity: 24

I must be going something wrong.  Every time I use Afterburner or trixx to move the Memory clock at all (anything below its default) the whole system freezes and I have to hard reset.  Cry

I had the same problem initially and determined it was the full Catalyst Control Center running and not allowing this to happen.
disable it from running on start up and the problem goes away. Enable it again and the who system freezes pretty much instanly
http://i.imgur.com/IhPi1.png

thanks, I thought I had done that already.  ill have to double check later, as im away from home and froze my rig up trying something remotely earlier today Sad  im losing hashing time here gaddammmmnit.  waiting for my GF to get home and press "reset" for me so I can get back in, lol.  I need a pet monkey or something for this kind of stuff.  Grin
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Just to point out something (no one else has)

You seem to be using something more recent than Windows XP.

Am I the only XP user on this forum?

At any rate, I have Catalyst installed -- I installed the whole enchilada -- Catalyst 11.5. And though I'm clocked 965/550, I'm not having any problems at all.

Maybe it's a Windows 7 thing and no one has realized it yet.
Activity: 34

I must be going something wrong.  Every time I use Afterburner or trixx to move the Memory clock at all (anything below its default) the whole system freezes and I have to hard reset.  Cry

I had the same problem initially and determined it was the full Catalyst Control Center running and not allowing this to happen.
disable it from running on start up and the problem goes away. Enable it again and the who system freezes pretty much instanly
Activity: 392
My Sapphire 5830 is at 960/600 @ 70C, getting 290 MHash/s with Phoenix & PhatK, Windows XP

Sapphire is definitely a good manufacturer.
legendary
Activity: 2271
Merit: 1363
with new difficulty i am running my sapphire 5830 at 950/400 with 73C right now... seems stable and gives 290MHashs... don't want to go higher  Smiley

My sapphire 5830 runs at 973/325 with 63C , 295 MH/S.
I cant keep her stable after 990.
I have one rig with 2 5830s and just ordered my second with 4 of them... Smiley 

The two I have were unstable anytime I tried to clock above 970, or memory below its normal 1000... what gives...  how are you guys able to OC them so high and they last for days.  (shrug)

different brands overclock differently.  Almost everyone posting the 300+ scores is using the Sapphire card that newegg had on sale for $99-109. 

The two I have are sapphires, the ones from newegg...

with new difficulty i am running my sapphire 5830 at 950/400 with 73C right now... seems stable and gives 290MHashs... don't want to go higher 

Activity: 357
with new difficulty i am running my sapphire 5830 at 950/400 with 73C right now... seems stable and gives 290MHashs... don't want to go higher  Smiley
At night time when i'm not going to be using my computer, I can crank the Sapphire 5830 up to 319MH/sec running at 62-65C with 1030core/315memory/1174mv
This is only stable if mining is the only thing happening. When in use for other things, I bump it down to 312MH/sec which is stable with other apps running.
I'm curious if this card will even go higher, as it really doesn't have any good airflow at the moment, just a low room temp from being in a basement. 
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

The two I have were unstable anytime I tried to clock above 970, or memory below its normal 1000... what gives...  how are you guys able to OC them so high and they last for days.  (shrug)

different brands overclock differently.  Almost everyone posting the 300+ scores is using the Sapphire card that newegg had on sale for $99-109. 

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Someone hit 320 on this forum. 311 is good
Activity: 20
So if I were to get some 5830s, what it the current recommended config?

Catalyst 10.11 with sdk 2.1?
Newest catalyst with sdk 2.4?
linux/windows?

And, under each of those settings, would you be using poclbm or phatk?

I only ask because as time progresses, I notice that what people do changes, and I'm wondering what has been established as "best".

Haven't done extensive testing but I'm currently getting about 300Mh/s +/- a few with:

Win 7 x64
Catalyst 11.5
phoenix 1.48/phatk
TriXX to adjust to 996/300 (MSI afterburner couldn't underclock my memory nearly that far)

It's been stable for 24+ hours. Would attempt slightly higher clocks, but I'm not sure its worth it.... already near 25% overclock.

Would love to see some linux results, but as near as I can tell, the clocks I'm getting in windows require a BIOS flash to attain in linux, which just isn't a risk I'm willing to take.
Activity: 357
with MSI Afterburner i can set only 885MHz on my 5830.... and get 270MHash/s with phoenix -pathk w=128 agression=12 bfi_int
i think i should try Sapphire Trixx with voltage control...
So if I were to get some 5830s, what it the current recommended config?

Catalyst 10.11 with sdk 2.1?
Newest catalyst with sdk 2.4?
linux/windows?

And, under each of those settings, would you be using poclbm or phatk?

I only ask because as time progresses, I notice that what people do changes, and I'm wondering what has been established as "best".

I have the same question, but only consider Ubuntu a reasonable option since it's free.
Pages:
Jump to: