Pages:
Author

Topic: Goodbye Blockchain. Hello Hashgraph. - page 4. (Read 8750 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
February 25, 2018, 09:08:25 AM
I think Hashgraph will only be able to truly show it's capabilities in launching their own cryptocurrency on top of their algorithm. This is phase one, people will start using it and soon after other use-cases can be developed. as I read it Hashgraph is more than just crypto, it can run a coin but it could also be used for voting on elections for example. almost 100% fraudeproof. This is what you would want. I think we haven't thought of the things that are possible yet.
JVC
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
February 24, 2018, 08:40:14 PM
With how far ahead bitcoin is, hashgraph needs to be orders of magnitude better than bitcoin. Is it?

Activity: 126
DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh
February 17, 2018, 03:51:15 PM
Hard to judge now. Not gonna react to hype.
IOTA promised similar things when they were proposed, but after I had actually used their coins, I found them to be disappointing thus far.
copper member
Activity: 32
February 17, 2018, 03:31:24 PM
It seems like DAG is the outdate as well. Must looking more info in this new tech.

Why do you think DAG is outdated? I am not saying you are wrong, I am just curious as to your rationale.
Activity: 1
February 17, 2018, 05:10:58 AM
It seems like DAG is the outdate as well. Must looking more info in this new tech.
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
February 17, 2018, 04:42:57 AM
I have been following Hashgraph via their Telegram channel for a couple of months now. There are some intere
sting youtube videos giving interested parties the chance to understand the concept of gossip conscencus of the current methods but it is still very early days for the project. Also they seem to have no interest in creating a crowdsale to allow people to purchase tokens at this time so many people may quickly lose interest in the project as a possible investment.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
February 17, 2018, 04:39:24 AM
The current crypto currency is not ideal, like its blockchein technology. Technology is constantly evolving and therefore Khashgraf has the right to exist and struggle for primacy. Only in a healthy competition will our technologies be able to develop further. Let this new technology prove that it is better.
Activity: 8
February 16, 2018, 10:55:35 PM
I don’t like it. I can’t see this as a replacement for blockchain.
Activity: 382
February 16, 2018, 10:16:30 PM
We look to blockchain to manage intellectual property rights and licenses for the project. It empowers the creators and enables new ways to distribute and fund projects, instead of putting money into incoming shirts, project creators can reward participants when they are distributed.
copper member
Activity: 32
February 16, 2018, 09:03:48 PM
Does anyone have a good understanding of the benefits / drawbacks of DAG based systems v all the hype going on around HashGraph? For example, Nano (formerly RaiBlocks) is DAG and says its infinitely scaleable. Other than the fact that the hashgraph is controlled by an private entity (which in itself makes it a non starter for me). Specifically from a scaleability, speed, security, and privacy perspective.
Activity: 15
February 11, 2018, 03:17:20 PM
I do not think Hashgraph will be as popular as Blockchain. Most of the members in the electronic money market believed in blockchain. There will not be a revolution that could overthrow the blockchain technology.
In my opinion, Hashgraph will not be enthusiastic welcome and will not be interested investors. That is the truth and you should accept it.

I do think that depends on the fact that PoW blockchains aren´t scaleable right now, but sure they will if lightning network and other things are realesed.
Also PoS and DPoS are good mechanism, but can they run the full transactions of the new york stock exchange and visa transactions on one blockchain ?

Thats whats Dan Larimers critism on Ethereum, that its slow, PoS changes what ? Its reducing energy cost because there is no mining, its more efficient, less cost intensive, more democratic (but those with lot of stakes have bigger consensus). But can it transact more than 100+ factor transactions per second than it is now ?
Point me out if I am wrong with that.
Good the Raiden Network can speed up the Eth network a lot, but its an addon, intrinsic technology is not changed.

Thats the thing where tangle and hashgraph have some big opportunities if they are faster than the first and second generation of blockchain coins like btc and ethereum.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308
Get your game girl
February 11, 2018, 03:14:42 PM
Is there actually any coin that uses the hashgraph technology ?

I know tangle is used by IOTA and Byteball, but hashgraph ?Smiley
No.Currently no systems are actively being implemented using HashGraph.The project creators have their blue print models ready I guess and one can pick up the technology to implement it in the real world.This would take a few months/years due to the 'centralised' nature of the project.They have patented the idea so not sure how commercial industries will pick up if they have to reward the creators for using the concept.

I could be wrong though,anyone is free to bring up information if they find it relevant to the thread.
Activity: 15
February 11, 2018, 03:08:32 PM
Is there actually any coin that uses the hashgraph technology ?

I know tangle is used by IOTA and Byteball, but hashgraph ?Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
February 07, 2018, 06:53:08 AM
I do not think Hashgraph will be as popular as Blockchain. Most of the members in the electronic money market believed in blockchain. There will not be a revolution that could overthrow the blockchain technology.
In my opinion, Hashgraph will not be enthusiastic welcome and will not be interested investors. That is the truth and you should accept it.
Activity: 168
February 07, 2018, 06:50:04 AM
is it the same stuff or what? people are accustomed to blockchain, they won't want to switch to something else.

Even blockchain itself is pretty new. I really doubt people are even close to switch to something else just yet.
Activity: 19
Merit: 1
February 07, 2018, 06:46:11 AM
we will wait for open source for every technology that are being introduced....
Activity: 420
Merit: 11
February 07, 2018, 04:17:36 AM
Hash graph and Blockchain both contribute to technology that doesn't mean one is gone other one will be used blockchain is mother of transaction in open source ledger keeping so any new technology will add to this
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
February 05, 2018, 01:08:25 AM
Please don't shoot me Tongue  I too reacted the same way when I read the topic title.Infact,being an optimistic blockchain supporter,I didn't even bother to open the article until the geek inside me pushed me to.Anyway,I was surprised.I mean we should embrace the changes right ? Here ya go,welcome HashGraph.

https://cryptoanswers.net/goodbye-blockchain-hello-hashgraph/

For the lazy heads
The new consensus algorithm

Introducing Hashgraph – a fair and fast, byzantine fault tolerant consensus algorithm. According to the founding Hashgraph team consisting of computer science and cybersecurity pioneers Dr. Leemon Baird and Mance Harmon, the hashgraph consensus method achieves the following notable feats:

It’s fast: 250,000+ transactions per second and limited only by a users bandwidth (Pre-Sharding)
It’s fair: mathematically proven fairness (via Consensus Time Stamping)
It’s secure: bank-grade security (Asynchronous Byzantine Fault Tolerant)
Why is Hashgraph superior to Blockchain?
[read the actual article to know more]

EOS is set to introduce millions of transactions per second with no fees. Larimer is the developer, I'm a believer, bye bye Hashgraph.

Activity: 85
Merit: 1
February 05, 2018, 01:04:08 AM
I dont care on which tech thing my crypto will be , so if its better and more speedy then why not Smiley we are here not tech geeks but greedy users.
Activity: 188
February 05, 2018, 01:00:27 AM
is it the same stuff or what? people are accustomed to blockchain, they won't want to switch to something else.
Pages:
Jump to: