Pages:
Author

Topic: Goodbye Blockchain. Hello Hashgraph. - page 5. (Read 8750 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
February 05, 2018, 12:59:44 AM
A patented thing can't say goodbye to BlockChain. It's not even an alternative.
Another problem  I see is that if it is patented, therefore its not an opensource system. People need to pay for copyrights before they can make a hashgraph based system. How about other applications specially in business?. In short, the room to improve blockchain by using hashgraph is simply cost.
Activity: 128
Merit: 0
February 05, 2018, 12:20:30 AM
Hashgraph: a new distributed ledger technology that is much more cost-effective (no proof-of-work), 50,000 times the speed, safer (Byzantine), more efficient (no stale blocks) and mathematically fairer than the blockchain.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
February 05, 2018, 12:10:03 AM
Please don't shoot me Tongue  I too reacted the same way when I read the topic title.Infact,being an optimistic blockchain supporter,I didn't even bother to open the article until the geek inside me pushed me to.Anyway,I was surprised.I mean we should embrace the changes right ? Here ya go,welcome HashGraph.

https://cryptoanswers.net/goodbye-blockchain-hello-hashgraph/

For the lazy heads
The new consensus algorithm

Introducing Hashgraph – a fair and fast, byzantine fault tolerant consensus algorithm. According to the founding Hashgraph team consisting of computer science and cybersecurity pioneers Dr. Leemon Baird and Mance Harmon, the hashgraph consensus method achieves the following notable feats:

It’s fast: 250,000+ transactions per second and limited only by a users bandwidth (Pre-Sharding)
It’s fair: mathematically proven fairness (via Consensus Time Stamping)
It’s secure: bank-grade security (Asynchronous Byzantine Fault Tolerant)
Why is Hashgraph superior to Blockchain?
[read the actual article to know more]

Good news, but do you think it will replaced blockhain? As far as i know, a new technology will be tested its ability after being tried in the field.
Activity: 102
Merit: 13
February 05, 2018, 12:05:01 AM
Please don't shoot me Tongue  I too reacted the same way when I read the topic title.Infact,being an optimistic blockchain supporter,I didn't even bother to open the article until the geek inside me pushed me to.Anyway,I was surprised.I mean we should embrace the changes right ? Here ya go,welcome HashGraph.

https://cryptoanswers.net/goodbye-blockchain-hello-hashgraph/

For the lazy heads
The new consensus algorithm

Introducing Hashgraph – a fair and fast, byzantine fault tolerant consensus algorithm. According to the founding Hashgraph team consisting of computer science and cybersecurity pioneers Dr. Leemon Baird and Mance Harmon, the hashgraph consensus method achieves the following notable feats:

It’s fast: 250,000+ transactions per second and limited only by a users bandwidth (Pre-Sharding)
It’s fair: mathematically proven fairness (via Consensus Time Stamping)
It’s secure: bank-grade security (Asynchronous Byzantine Fault Tolerant)
Why is Hashgraph superior to Blockchain?
[read the actual article to know more]

This and the blockchain are completely different things. The characteristics of the blockchain are irreversible. There is anonymity and decentralization, so I think it will not affect the development of the blockchain at all
Activity: 6
February 05, 2018, 12:01:32 AM
I don't believe so much that something like "ex-defense and ex-security" exists, once you are in the defense and security sector that's a no way back. It could be that they have the military in stealth mode behind. This also would explain why they are not making ICOs and seeking money the usual way - with their project they could easily raise up to one billion USD in the cryptospace alone.

I think they are not fool enough to have ex-defense and ex-security guys and then run in stealth mode for military stuff kind of things. I had the chance to speak with one of their developers, they make money giving deployment licenses to private financial institutions. what they have as of now is only a consensus algorithm.
Activity: 689
Merit: 102
February 03, 2018, 07:29:44 PM
Maybe I lost something, but I can’t find any information about something like Bounty program on Hashgraph site.
It’s interesting idea. Why not try even if we don’t have a  risk in bounty?
Can anyone help me?
Activity: 564
Merit: 104
February 03, 2018, 06:49:10 PM
I have several concerns about this project.

Firstly, these guys are ex-defense and ex-security, Co-Founder Mance was the lead programmer at the Missile Defence Agency....
https://www.linkedin.com/in/manceharmon/

Secondly, they have a very small team listed on LinkedIn of 6 staff and only one developer based in Canada...
- https://www.linkedin.com/company/10787474/

Thirdly, the address on their website is a house https://www.google.com/maps/place/800+Southern+Hills+Ct,+College+Station,+TX+77845/@30.5620214,-96.2447641,92m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x86469aaccc1c6b13:0xc7e4bfcdb685eb9e!8m2!3d30.5621566!4d-96.2446206

Fourthly, the patent should not limit other DAG tech been developed and it is
http://www.swirlds.com/ip/

Fifthly, they are focused on paying customers.... with such a small team they are either going to sell this technology to the highest bidder at some point in time or just go down the licensing road which will focus on the largest, established companies. An innovative tech maybe, but widespread adoption is unlikely as it's a closed network.

IOTA, and a dozen other next DAGs, will arise in 2018.

Rod.

I don't believe so much that something like "ex-defense and ex-security" exists, once you are in the defense and security sector that's a no way back. It could be that they have the military in stealth mode behind. This also would explain why they are not making ICOs and seeking money the usual way - with their project they could easily raise up to one billion USD in the cryptospace alone.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
January 31, 2018, 06:01:19 AM
Mere going through the article about harshgraph I feel its an improvement on the blockchain technology, the harshgraph technology is relatively not a new tech but I regard it as an improvement of blockchain technology itself.
Activity: 351
Merit: 134
January 31, 2018, 05:58:46 AM
I wrote a short analysis on hashgraph here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/swirlds-hash-grid-consensus-discussion-2029044

Highlights:

...However, as the author notes in that second paper above, in it's pure form it offers no protection from sybil attack. The author suggests using stake from another blockchain in order to weight votes to provide some protection again sybil attack, but does not talk about the inherent problems in doing so, such as the transient nature of the balance of any particular staking address in another blockchain.

In addition the author talks about using PoW to acquire voting weight, which does not suffer from the same transient problems associated with stake, but it is still largely PoS in nature since voting weight persists or decays at a finite speed, unlike the way PoW functions in bitcoin, for example.

All in all, I think it has applications outside of cryptocurrency, but IMO is poorly suited to the requirements of the consensus mechanism within one.

Cheers, Paul.
Activity: 294
Merit: 3
January 31, 2018, 05:43:13 AM
It can replace Blockchain may be after Blockchain era. It has not started yet even, so hashgraph is not going to replace any sooner too.
Activity: 625
Merit: 125
January 28, 2018, 10:33:05 PM
If this is patented, then we won't see a clone in the near future.
What I like about blockchain is that it's open-source and anyone can modify it and place improvements as they see fit and release a new coin - community innovation evolving it.
Activity: 56
January 28, 2018, 11:35:06 AM
I've seen this project a lot of months ago, at what point of the project they are? they said that they won't conduct any ico, have they changed idea? if not how they will distributed the first coins?
Activity: 56
January 28, 2018, 11:33:27 AM
I've seen this project a lot of months ago, at what point of the project they are? they said that they won't conduct any ico, have they changed idea? if not how they will distributed the first coins?
Activity: 8
January 28, 2018, 10:12:59 AM
Came here to find more info on hashgraph. Apparantly no one knows anything more. Don't think this will go anywhere, however good the tech may be. It is closed, centralized ... Look at tcp/IP , not the best protocol around at the time, but it saw mass adoption. This will never see mass adoption when closed and centralised . Anyone think different ?
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
January 07, 2018, 09:23:04 PM
In my opinion this hashgraph are made and invented for innovative purposes that it allows more convenience use of cryptos of which is complicated that jives with a more sophisticated programs. We may not know its advantages now that it is still not widely used but maybe somehow it will come to its advantage sooner or later. I know it is hard to accept a product or service that we still don't know of what is it's performnce but once it exceeds our expectation maybe sooner or later hashgraph will pave its way to history  in the cryptomarkets.
Activity: 301
Merit: 11
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
January 07, 2018, 08:58:36 PM
I dont see any good reason why it will replace the existing blockchain,however anything can happen in the future someone will find a better technology than our existing blockchain but it will be hard to replace what is already in our hearts.
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
January 07, 2018, 07:32:23 PM
I think Hashgraph will only be able to truly show it's capabilities in launching their own cryptocurrency on top of their algorithm. This is phase one, people will start using it and soon after other use-cases can be developed. As I read it Hashgraph is more than just crypto, it can run a coin but it could also be used for voting on elections for example. almost 100% fraudeproof. This is what you would want. I think we haven't thought of the things that are possible yet.
Activity: 11
January 03, 2018, 06:30:37 AM
Blockchain is the undisputed technology for now.. Hashgraph yet to prove its worthy..
Activity: 62
January 03, 2018, 06:26:02 AM
Is this the real future of crypto? will this be implemented as a whole, or like a new sidechain tech?
Activity: 43
Merit: 6
January 03, 2018, 06:23:17 AM
If Hashgraph can offer the same advantages of decentralization that blockchain at cheaper rates, we may find competition, but so far blockchain is superior in economic terms.
blockchain was found before bitcoin but satoshi who makes it running and give it more advantages.
Some try to build the same models on Hashgraph, but you will find that most projects will not get much attention, but rather that most of them will not reach $ 100.
because they will make it another copy of bitcoin on Hashgraph.
Pages:
Jump to: