Pages:
Author

Topic: Google's new updates ban cryptocurrency mining apps on Play Store - page 3. (Read 434 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
That’s a bad news for me. But I hope I can find another way  as solution. But I will faced some problem at the beginning because I was use to with google apps.
Really? I don't think it's worth installing apps in your smartphone to earn pennies mate. If you want to mine consider investing in a more suitable device. You're only burning your phone for cents you cant even use to pay the data you are using in your phone.

It's good that google is taking an action against fake apps that claims they are mining. Anyway, will this include those crypto apps which lets you generate coins by exercising? Isn't that considered as "mining" the coins?
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
androind devices are not designed for mining. it would kill th battery and fry the CPU

is the OP stuck in 2012, back when webbrowser extensions / home mining was a temporary thing

honestly if people think they can mine bitcoin using a phone.. have obviously not done thier research

google isnt stopping anything real.. its stopping the scams that pretend they are mining but really they are spyware and trojans
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
If the user understands what he is doing with the mining app then Google has no right to ban those genuine mining apps completely.

None of those apps are telling the users the truth.
And truth was that for the most app there was barely any mining done and the apps were full of ads, that's how the "devs" were earning tons of money and you were just destroying your phone.
There was no warning about what 24/h mining would do to your phone and battery, there was no warning you're going to earn 2 cents a year.

Those apps were used just to promote shitcoins and tricking newbies.
Goodbye and good riddance!

Correct. It's almost impossible to utilize a mobile device's performance/power for mining (mining takes a lot, A LOT of power/performance). Mobiles/Tablets/Laptops/Low-end computers cannot be used for mining.

Nice decision by Google. Mining apps are nothing but crap providing you a very few cents/satoshis by showing you annoying ads all the time.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
That’s a bad news for me. But I hope I can find another way  as solution. But I will faced some problem at the beginning because I was use to with google apps.
Activity: 189
This is just to tackle those shitty apps and coins from being promoted. Most mining apps are just scams filled with loads of ads and eats a lot of your time. Mobile mining doesn’t pay as much as a GPU or ASIC mining. Besides, mobile mining might do a lot more harm to your phone than paying a few cents every month.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
If the user understands what he is doing with the mining app then Google has no right to ban those genuine mining apps completely.

None of those apps are telling the users the truth.
And truth was that for the most app there was barely any mining done and the apps were full of ads, that's how the "devs" were earning tons of money and you were just destroying your phone.
There was no warning about what 24/h mining would do to your phone and battery, there was no warning you're going to earn 2 cents a year.

Those apps were used just to promote shitcoins and tricking newbies.
Goodbye and good riddance!
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
I didn't get it. If the user understands what he is doing with the mining app then Google has no right to ban those genuine mining apps completely. I agree that mining on a smartphone is not much rewarding as compared to that of mining using advanced rigs but still, the user is doing it on his own responsibility. I can understand if Google stops featuring such apps in their Editors Choice section but putting the ban without justifiable reason is not acceptable.
Activity: 41
https://bcfocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/2018072718502563.png

The new updates on Google again hit the crypto headlines due to its ban on cryptocurrency mining apps on Play Store. Play Store, the pre-installed Android based app will no longer feature crypto mining apps for the crypto enthusiasts. The developer policies of Google Play Store have completely prohibited the cryptocurrency mining apps which supposedly feature disruptive ads.

Amidst this stringent measure, the company has still considered giving permission to those apps which focus on remotely handling crypto mining. Android's digital distribution services has previously released update that led to the banning of all apps pertaining to fake ID.
Pages:
Jump to: