Pages:
Author

Topic: Government & Bitcoin - page 5. (Read 70802 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
March 19, 2018, 06:43:48 AM
The sharing economy is just going to continue to grow, and governments will be challenged to understand and manage its implications while embracing its benefits. However, governments will be at a significant disadvantage if they wait too long and newer technologies and markets will have already been developed that do not follow traditional models. Think of the following: Uber is the world’s largest taxi service and owns no cars. Airbnb provides lodging yet does not own real estate.

How will local governments adapt to these new ways of doing business that are disrupting traditional business models? All we know now is that governments are a long way from even contemplating and accepting this new reality.
Yes, the economy is growing, and now the government is saying Bitcoin and virtual currencies can pose a considerable risk to the economy in the country, I think the future of my country will find its way. Eliminate all virtual currency by easily causing the crisis.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 06:36:46 AM
Mostly all big institutions will not allow that to happen.  Undecided
Activity: 57
March 19, 2018, 06:35:26 AM
If the government found a way to tax Bitcoin they would certainly have made that.But they have a problem of how to do it, because if the person who owns the Bitcoin does not report that it has Bitcoin how they charged tax at all? Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 82
March 19, 2018, 06:32:28 AM
The sharing economy is just going to continue to grow, and governments will be challenged to understand and manage its implications while embracing its benefits. Cheesy
Activity: 86
March 19, 2018, 06:30:09 AM
They could do the same thing as they did with gold. But in the meantime it would surpress bitcoin's growth and price. Just like the gold price is surpressed now with all the certificates and paper derivatives. Sad
Activity: 87
March 19, 2018, 06:27:26 AM
The Government for sure did a lot of research about bitcoin and they are still into the stage of deciding if they are going to grab the opportunity from bitcoin or just leave it and let it grow and just grab it when it is safe. Smiley
Activity: 107
March 19, 2018, 06:25:52 AM
I don't think that the government has a lot of question about bitcoin because they are not dumb to not research about it because there is a lot of branches under the leadership of the government.  Smiley
Activity: 93
March 19, 2018, 06:20:11 AM
 :)If the government found a way to tax Bitcoin they would certainly have made that. the government can use various justifications or pass new laws, Laws against tax evasion, money laundering, etc.Unfortunately some of those have banned it but I think that will rethink one day. Huh Huh
Activity: 84
March 19, 2018, 06:17:22 AM
If all governments accept bitcoin can be an alternative currency then surely price will go sky rocket but it looks like that is quite difficult to happen in near to long term range. Sad Sad
Activity: 58
March 19, 2018, 06:15:55 AM
 Most countries will turn increasingly attention versus bitcoin and most of them already  have held particular attention about it doing writing rules of aceptance. Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
March 19, 2018, 06:15:13 AM
The sharing economy is just going to continue to grow, and governments will be challenged to understand and manage its implications while embracing its benefits. However, governments will be at a significant disadvantage if they wait too long and newer technologies and markets will have already been developed that do not follow traditional models. Think of the following: Uber is the world’s largest taxi service and owns no cars. Airbnb provides lodging yet does not own real estate.

How will local governments adapt to these new ways of doing business that are disrupting traditional business models? All we know now is that governments are a long way from even contemplating and accepting this new reality.
I think bitcoin, like all other things internet will surpass any government, try to kill it off and it will emerge somewhere else. The people will get what they want and need if it is available, no government or laws can supress it. Building a super firewall, people will break holes and find their ways around it. Spy on your citizens? Enter Tor browsers and more secure communications. Try to ban or overpower bitcoin? Who knows what we will come up with, but it will never be the way the governments have intended. We never surrender or break at the will of those who do us wrong!
Activity: 75
March 19, 2018, 06:11:21 AM
Everyone is aware that what government as done so far for the betterment of country and society. They are just busy in filling their own pockets with black money and scandal and scams if they start supporting bitcoin then it would end all their corrupted activities.
Activity: 107
March 19, 2018, 06:09:16 AM
Agree. Smiley :)The government can use various justifications or pass ne :)w laws if necessary that bars businesses from accepting bitcoin as payment.
Activity: 196
March 19, 2018, 05:48:57 AM
Over time, surely the development of technology will be more sophisticated and people who are in the whole world should be able to keep up with the development. Because if we are left behind in technology, in the future we will have trouble doing something. And however, the Government must also accept this. And Bitcoin is a technological evidence that rapid development and technology in it is very sophisticated.
Activity: 350
March 19, 2018, 05:14:07 AM
Governments are trying to give some space to the bitcoin and the crypto money is very good for investment in the year 2018. Bitcoin is good to trade and the governments will soon make a way to use bitcoin and this currency is very good for us because with this we can save our money too. It is good for the online users to use the digital money for buying and selling online softwares.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
March 19, 2018, 04:31:29 AM
The government has many question about bitcoin. They want to search hardly before they adopt it. But if the government adopt it, it has many issues like they trying to make money for them.
I don't think that the government has a lot of question about bitcoin because they are not dumb to not research about it because there is a lot of branches under the leadership of the government and they for sure did a lot of research about bitcoin and they are still into the stage of deciding if they are going to grab the opportunity from bitcoin or just leave it and let it grow and just grab it when it is safe.
Activity: 370
March 19, 2018, 04:25:15 AM
In developed countries, Governments there are already not only supporting Bitcoin but are also making use of it, though might not be 100% yet, but still can not be compared with undeveloped or less developed countries like where I come from. The Central Bank Management of my country made public announcement recently that any of the citizens that got involved in Bitcoin deals is on his own, because they are not ready to give any support not to talk of Regulating Bitcoin which its operation is anonymous.
Activity: 434
March 19, 2018, 04:19:20 AM
The government has many question about bitcoin. They want to search hardly before they adopt it. But if the government adopt it, it has many issues like they trying to make money for them.
copper member
Activity: 28
March 19, 2018, 04:01:59 AM
I think one of the biggest issues is that governments make money off of inflation and printing more money. Maybe that's not such a bad thing. Maybe the government could just have a new ICO every time they need to make more money. It wouldn't be much different, but it would still give us all of the transparency and control, and cut out some of the other middle men.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
March 19, 2018, 03:57:18 AM
The government may feel threatened with Bitcoin, but I think the technology itself will be beneficial to our economy. And I know the government is discussing these technologies whether they will allow these or not.
and if the government can work together with bitcoin then I think it would be great for bitcoin and the government.
this could be done as long as there are people who give a risk warning in bitcoin. and later the government can take part in taxes.
It's the job of the government that bitcoin will do no hard to the majority of people that is why they will have to regulate it to control it.
However, it's an online currency, there are a lot of smart people online and illegal activities cannot be prevented by regulating bitcoin but it can
boost the confidence of the people to invest.
Pages:
Jump to: