Pages:
Author

Topic: Government & Bitcoin - page 78. (Read 70830 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I can draw your avatar!
April 17, 2015, 05:19:49 PM
I think bitcoin, like all other things internet will surpass any government, try to kill it off and it will emerge somewhere else. The people will get what they want and need if it is available, no government or laws can supress it. Building a super firewall, people will break holes and find their ways around it. Spy on your citizens? Enter Tor browsers and more secure communications. Try to ban or overpower bitcoin? Who knows what we will come up with, but it will never be the way the governments have intended. We never surrender or break at the will of those who do us wrong!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
April 17, 2015, 04:52:32 PM
The sharing economy is just going to continue to grow, and governments will be challenged to understand and manage its implications while embracing its benefits. However, governments will be at a significant disadvantage if they wait too long and newer technologies and markets will have already been developed that do not follow traditional models. Think of the following: Uber is the world’s largest taxi service and owns no cars. Airbnb provides lodging yet does not own real estate.

How will local governments adapt to these new ways of doing business that are disrupting traditional business models? All we know now is that governments are a long way from even contemplating and accepting this new reality.
I must tell that is it hard for me to understand what is your question here. But you have to know this: Every Bitcoin expert believes that government intervention in the bitcoin industry is simply inevitable.
People believe that bitcoin simply must change to bring it in line with other payment systems. I am afraid this means adding identity information to bitcoin transactions and making it possible to blacklist/track funds.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
April 17, 2015, 04:16:41 PM
government is already adapting and working with banks, there are some of them which are using blockchain technology to overcome probably bitcoin

i doubt it will stay there and watch bitcoin sucking its fiat(scam) currency

Do you mean there are banks that already use the blockchain technology in production environment? If so, can you point to some articles or press releases which state this? I know only from some banks researching on blockchain technology (e.g. UBS).
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
April 17, 2015, 02:28:36 PM
government is already adapting and working with banks, there are some of them which are using blockchain technology to overcome probably bitcoin

i doubt it will stay there and watch bitcoin sucking its fiat(scam) currency
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
April 17, 2015, 01:35:43 PM
The sharing economy is just going to continue to grow, and governments will be challenged to understand and manage its implications while embracing its benefits. However, governments will be at a significant disadvantage if they wait too long and newer technologies and markets will have already been developed that do not follow traditional models. Think of the following: Uber is the world’s largest taxi service and owns no cars. Airbnb provides lodging yet does not own real estate.

How will local governments adapt to these new ways of doing business that are disrupting traditional business models? All we know now is that governments are a long way from even contemplating and accepting this new reality.
Pages:
Jump to: