Pages:
Author

Topic: Government should implement blockchain technology to prevent corruption. - page 6. (Read 2642 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
We all know that blockchains are basically a very transparent book where every and all transactions and displays for the world to see. True it does deter corruption but politicians and other people in power could use different ways to move and make money off of people even if we use blockchains. Let's not underestimate their greed.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
This is good idea, to ensure government official become corrupt, but i think this will not happen in other country, because some government they like to control the transaction so they can have get the interest in income.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
The blockchain has actually offered the entire world a more easier method jointly fight corruption through a very transparent system of the blockchain.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
That is why banks are not much interested in blockchain
All transaction in blockchain are visible so it cause big problems for money laundering
Similar with ID protection
I can't believe that still there is not available service what will encrypt and protect private data with blockchain
It is really not so much hard to develop
So why not because spying will be much harder and even impossible
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Blockchain is a good technology that will be use as a tool of transparency to every transaction being done. The government should know and develop a system like this on their system. This will eradicate corruption or transactions being made under the table because there will be a transparency on every transactions and how much money is involve. The budget of the people will be obviously utilize to its intended purpose. Would you agree with this idea?
But we can't expect a corrupted government to take steps for anti corruptions. Cheesy

As you said the blockchain can be used in all the transaction for the government related which can help us to have corruption free transactions but the politicians need to implement this system but if they do then they can't make money anymore so they will never do this. Sad

This is so right! How can we expect them to do it when they really don't want us to see what they are doing in the senate? But for sure I hope that there would be a time that it will happen.
That is true, we cannot say that it would be the rght thing to do just to peevent the corruption because if a corrupt person wants, they will find way. The expectation is not the reality because of some circumstances. Blockchain is good for those people who joined in good purposes.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
I understand that we want to eradicate corruption, but blockchain can help little.
Apart from the fact that with the anonymous bitcoin corruption increases, even with an unencumbered situation, there are so many ways to use dummies that the use of blockchain will solve little or nothing.
I do not think blockchain technology can help prevent corruption. It even makes corruption stronger than ever. We need another technology or blockchain technology that needs to be upgraded to become more secure. The decentralization that it brought was really troublesome for the government.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
I understand that we want to eradicate corruption, but blockchain can help little.
Apart from the fact that with the anonymous bitcoin corruption increases, even with an unencumbered situation, there are so many ways to use dummies that the use of blockchain will solve little or nothing.
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
Blockchain is a good technology that will be use as a tool of transparency to every transaction being done. The government should know and develop a system like this on their system. This will eradicate corruption or transactions being made under the table because there will be a transparency on every transactions and how much money is involve. The budget of the people will be obviously utilize to its intended purpose. Would you agree with this idea?

But, how can corruptions can be stopped using blockchain. Last year the majority of politicians used this platform to convert the black money into white. And how the system knows if the money transacted is a black ones or white ones? Yes we can avoid hackers but still there are incidents that do occur,.

No limitations on amount to be transacted as well, now then how well this is going to stop corruptions. I say this is the best platform for money laundering.
Activity: 742
Merit: 42
I always  think about this, that government  should use blockchain for many purposes  to prevent corruption. I think they should start it by using blockchain in elections because they can't duplicate every entry and blockchain can give a fastest  result. This is impossible to happen because government  love corruptions but not all countries,  there are countries  that hate corruption  too. 
Activity: 383
it's a good idea maybe the blockchain was created to eliminate corruption in the economic system if indeed it can be done of course a lot of support from many parties makes the developed economy grow well of course
Activity: 545
Merit: 250
Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl
The blockchaine technology may have a role in reducing corruption in the governments of different countries, but you shouldn’t hope so much. Corrupt officials will always find a way to get their benefit, there are so many ways to do this and the blockchaine technology will not eliminate them. It is not intended for this.
Since crypto is transparent and can see the transactions thru blockchain it will be good way to monitor governments money and activities. This thing might not be open for government since they don't want transparency.
brand new
Activity: 0

No, they won't do that. Government really wants a corruption society. Most of the officials use their position just to steal the treasury of the people. They will never make steps that will control their shaddy activities. But it will be possible if a certain administration wants a total devastation when it comes in corruption. But then, there is no such thing as a good official.
Activity: 364
I don't think a corrupt politicians will initiate a system that will put end to their hidden incomes. It's just putting a gun to their head if this be implemented. I think this is also the reason why those corrupt countries had not supported bitcoin technology.
Activity: 420
of course, that will make state financial transparency better. people can see and help monitor the use and flow of funds.
I hope the government can implement it, and surely they will do the assessment first. there will always be those who support and reject, and of course corruptors in power in the government will not be happy with this technology.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
The blockchaine technology may have a role in reducing corruption in the governments of different countries, but you shouldn’t hope so much. Corrupt officials will always find a way to get their benefit, there are so many ways to do this and the blockchaine technology will not eliminate them. It is not intended for this.
copper member
Activity: 2044
Merit: 793

I agree with your opinion but the truth remains that all governments has a skeleton in their cupboard and most government will definitely want to stay far clear off Blockchain due to corruptions and insincerity that occurs in every high level of government. I'm also afraid blockchain might have a bad effect in government because high level of classified informations could easily get leaked and have a country compromised or at disadvantage against an opposing country or international bodies.  
Activity: 1582
Merit: 253
very agree and I am sure blockchain technology will one day be used by the government for the country's economic system because we know that technological developments in the economy will be very necessary to become a better economy going forward
Activity: 658
Merit: 260
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Corrupt officials in some countries will not go for the use of blockchain technology, but European countries with low levels of corruption are likely to integrate this technology into their structure and further reduce the level of corruption. But this is just one example of the use of blockchain technology in the economic structure of a country.

He has a point actually. The corruption happens with humans only and its not the technology or whole system which makes it happen. Its start with individual person and if in the whole government system there is even one corrupt person then he can break the chain of honesty and overrule few things. I guess even if the blockchain is used then also they will find different ways of corrupting the system, and off course that is why they are corrupt people dude. May be this ratio is very big in the countries like asian one, where the government is really big and have got huge network to run the country. With the time someone at some corner will surely corrupt.
Activity: 470
Merit: 102
when the government has begun to implement blockchain technology in its country to reduce corruption cases it will be very good but it will be very difficult to implement in the government because they know and do not give permission by using blockchain technology in some countries.
Activity: 94
Merit: 0
Corrupt officials in some countries will not go for the use of blockchain technology, but European countries with low levels of corruption are likely to integrate this technology into their structure and further reduce the level of corruption. But this is just one example of the use of blockchain technology in the economic structure of a country.
Can bitcoins really helps to prevent corruption ?i don't think bitcoin has such power even if it has then government wont allow bitcoins. Why would government use bitcoin when they know that it can helps criminals too.
Pages:
Jump to: