Pages:
Author

Topic: goxgui - a Graphical Bitcoin Trading Tool for MtGox - page 2. (Read 29592 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Version 1.2.2 released.

Changes:

• Fix key and secret labels in the preferences were switched around
Oh sh*t, you're right Grin must have "rearranged" it. Will fix this!
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
I can't figure out how to put the API key into the program (the right way)..... It always tells me "invalid key". Tried it several times not but it wont work on my macbook Sad

1. Generated a Key on GOX
2. Trade and Get info Rights
3. Copy and paste to the appropriate Textbox....
=> Invalid Key?

€:

Is this a bug:

Mtgox:

GoxGui:

I think the Textboxes in GoxGui are named the wrong way Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Try this:

Code:
git submodule update --recursive

ok that worked thank you!
Try this:

Code:
git submodule update --recursive
You need to pull with the option --recurse-submodules so the goxtool submodule is updated correctly:

Code:
git pull --recurse-submodules
goxgui v1.2.1 released

Download binaries on sourceforge.net

This is a maintenance release, I don't have much time lately. Still, a lot has happened under the hood, and there are a few more preference options for the user.

Changes:

* Re-enabled grouping
* Re-enabled order book totals columns
* Performance optimization: the application has an own order book now, depth changes only lead to partial updates, not the whole order book
* User can customize the order book columns in the preferences.
* User can customize the price proposal the application makes when bid / ask table is clicked.
* Ticker bid / ask is now shown separately so it's still visible when grouping is enabled.
* Preferences file is now backwards compatible, new items will simply be added if they are not in the user's preferences file.
* The mac package now contains a proper "app", so the menu displays the application name (instead of "python") and the icon is displayed properly.
* Fixed order book table stretching.
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Its working now! Thanks!
Activity: 46
Fixed the 99999 problem, also added Trailing stop loss market sells.

Trailing stop loss market sells can now be used, by setting price to a negative number ("negative price") meaning the distance away from the current price to set the stop loss to. (ie: -5, if current price is $115, stop loss price will be $110. If the price goes up to $125, the stop loss trails behind it as $120, and if the price now drops to $120 or below, we will take profits and sell off at $120

"Stop-Gain Market buys" are something else entirely. if the price is going up and you dont want to be left behind, this is when you use the "negative size" to tell the bot to BUY instead of sell, once the target price is reached.

To recap:
+Size , +Price = Stop Loss Market Sell ("size" BTC will be sold at market, when price falls at or below "Price")
+Size,  -Price = TRAILING Stop Loss Market sell (same as the first one, except the stop loss target price will start off at the current price minus "Price", as the market goes up, the stop target will compensate, and should the price fall below the new adjusted target (the sell will fire and PROFITS will be taken).
-Size,  +Price = Stop GAIN market BUY ("size" BTC (the negative signifies a buy), will be BOUGHT at market, when the price climbs at or above "Price")
WARNING: -Size, -Price <---- DONT try do it, i did not create something to handle this, and it has to be coded before it can work, (refer to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2022346 ) for a theoretical run through of what it would do.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
When you say Stop-Gain Buy orders do you mean trailing stops, or something else?

Edit: Also just noticed new .exe calculates size via the Size Button to 99999.0000000 after you enter funds/price. Total does the same thing.
I downloaded the last version of the genBTC fork but it crashes on startup, here is the log:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   goxgui.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4fbf5043
  Fault Module Name:   QtCore4.dll
  Fault Module Version:   4.8.4.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   510ff60e
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0003bc96
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1046
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Sorry, I fixed it now. Anyone who was having problems with stop loss orders should try the new version, and it now does "Stop-Gain Buy" orders, if you use a negative BTC as the amount, and price as the target price.
I downloaded the last version of the genBTC fork but it crashes on startup, here is the log:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   goxgui.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4fbf5043
  Fault Module Name:   QtCore4.dll
  Fault Module Version:   4.8.4.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   510ff60e
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0003bc96
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1046
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
The genBTC fork lags terribly for me now during periods of high activity. The last genBTC version (where the API Key/Secret were stored in the top of the UI rather than under preferences) was fine though.
I made some performance optimizations: I've speeded it up by a factor of 2, So instead of using 5-10% CPU, it should only use 2-5%
Sample Proof:
https://raw.github.com/genbtc/goxgui/master/performance.png
Running 3 instances at the same time, each with different code, I found some ways to speed it up.
The numbers below are for twice the length of time as the picture, just to smooth any errors out.
Version:  CPU Usage Time
older Main Fork (w/ total column, "Before"): 2:40
genBTC fork (with total column,    "After")  : 1:10
Newest Main (no total column,  "Removed) : 0:30

Changes are live on the git.

Everytime I check the box named Activate Stop Loss Bot i get the following error:

23:29:50.760 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\EOFL\My Documents\GitHub\goxgui\build\pyi.win32\goxgui\out00-PYZ.pyz\goxapi", line 304, in __call__
  File "C:\Users\EOFL\My Documents\GitHub\goxgui\build\pyi.win32\goxgui\out00-PYZ.pyz\stoploss", line 24, in slot_trade
AttributeError: Gox instance has no attribute 'stopOrders'

This shouldn't happen. I'm not sure why that path got inserted in there when I compiled the .exe, I've removed any reference to those now, and the new version is on the github. If you are getting those errors of course the stop loss isnt gonna work. Also, I have invented a way to do the "Stop-Gain" - Buy if price is above certain price.. Just enter the amount of BTC as negative, and the price as the trigger price to buy. "Negative BTC" means do Stop-Gain Buy @ target price.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
The genBTC fork lags terribly for me now during periods of high activity. The last genBTC version (where the API Key/Secret were stored in the top of the UI rather than under preferences) was fine though.
I downloaded the version from this link https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui

Everytime I check the box named Activate Stop Loss Bot i get the following error:

23:29:50.760 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\EOFL\My Documents\GitHub\goxgui\build\pyi.win32\goxgui\out00-PYZ.pyz\goxapi", line 304, in __call__
  File "C:\Users\EOFL\My Documents\GitHub\goxgui\build\pyi.win32\goxgui\out00-PYZ.pyz\stoploss", line 24, in slot_trade
AttributeError: Gox instance has no attribute 'stopOrders'

Also when I try to add a value i.e 1 btc for 110 usd on the stop order tab nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE N.1- Reading again maybe is something to do with the folder name? I have no folder named C:\Users\EOFL on my PC.

UPDATE N.2 - It is working now, I just closed and then open the program again.

Also, is there a way of doing a stop buy order? In the case I wanna buy only if it breaks 125 for example...

UPDATE N.3 - I have to reboot my pc and now I am having the same problem with the stop loss bot, it gives me the same error from before and no matter if i close the program and open again, just dont work.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
Why does goxgui merges together some bids or asks? Ive noticed that sometimes bids or asks that are closed get showed together as if they are the same bid or the same ask. Is this a bug or a feature? Either way it should not be this way IMO.

EDIT: Ive checked and goxtool is not doing it, it must be something goxgui is doing.
Theres a preference setting for this in my version @ https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui, or edit "model.py" and change GROUP_ORDERS to 0.

There is no GROUP_ORDERS string in model.py.
hi guys

i think it s better to keep the cumulated volume so we can evaluate the markets .

it seems it was removed in the last version

just a suggestion

thanks

Yes. He is working on it. He removed it because there was a CPU utilization issue (it recalculates the total every time a new depth message comes in, which I guess its using up CPU cycles on laptops), but not really an issue for me, so i kept it in my version @ https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui
Activity: 378
hi guys

i think it s better to keep the cumulated volume so we can evaluate the markets .

it seems it was removed in the last version

just a suggestion

thanks
Activity: 41
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
Why does goxgui merges together some bids or asks? Ive noticed that sometimes bids or asks that are closed get showed together as if they are the same bid or the same ask. Is this a bug or a feature? Either way it should not be this way IMO.

EDIT: Ive checked and goxtool is not doing it, it must be something goxgui is doing.
Pages:
Jump to: