Pages:
Author

Topic: goxgui - a Graphical Bitcoin Trading Tool for MtGox - page 4. (Read 29592 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
How do I know this software dont steals my precious bitcoins or passwords?

Because you create the API key yourself and give it the access you want. You never give it your password.

Also read the source code, I always do.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Once you enter the API key and Secret, they are encrypted in the .ini file. Previously the password they were encrypted with was hardcoded, not user-choosable and I found this odd (security hole). So I cobbled together the method that you see in my forked version, therefore the steps to use this functionality are somewhat sub-par in terms of intuitiveness, so heres the instructions.
1) Download the fork from https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui
2) The program will generate a new blank config file on first run. (Don't try to import the old one)
3) Click the "Authentication" Tab, enter your API Key and Secret
4) Click the "Password" Tab, enter a Password of your own choosing.......
5) Go BACK to the "Authentication" Tab, and hit Apply.
6) The program will encrypt the API Key/Secret and store it in the INI file.
7) Each Next time you want to open up the program, you will have to click the password tab, enter your Password, and hit "Decrypt".

I Have just implemented a "lazy-version" of this. Once You have done initial Steps 1-6 above, You can edit the "goxtool.ini" file and add the following:
[goxgui]
password = XXXXXXXXXXXX

This will store your password, and auto-login everytime you launch it next time.

Thanks.

Activity: 46
Once you enter the API key and Secret, they are encrypted in the .ini file. Previously the password they were encrypted with was hardcoded, not user-choosable and I found this odd (security hole). So I cobbled together the method that you see in my forked version, and heres the instructions.
1) Download the fork from https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui
2) The program will generate a new blank config file on first run. (Don't try to import the old one)
3) Click the Options Menu, go to Preferences, and enter your API Key and Secret
4) Enter a Password of your own choosing.......
5) Hit Apply to check for errors, and then click OK if verified.
6) The program will encrypt the API Key/Secret and store it in the INI file.

This will store your password, and auto-login everytime you launch it next time.
Activity: 26
https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui

Thats my forked version. The two most important changes are the user orders and the Stop Loss Orders tabs. Consider it an even more developmental version. I just added the stop-loss bot tonight, and I tested it for a few hours, but I can't forsee bugs, but especially when using this to trade, please test it out in SIMULATION mode first, (edit goxtool\stoploss.py and change SIMULATION = False to SIMULATION = True).

Looks great. I use goxgui daily and I like the tabs and upgraded functionality on your version. I want to try your version out but I don't understand what the password field is for.
legendary
Activity: 1183

Because you create the API key yourself and give it the access you want. You never give it your password.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
In Hashrate We Trust!
Activity: 38
Fixed in repository.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
MtGox today upgraded the old websocket server (which was almost dead previously). Now websocket is even more reliable than socketio. You will have a *MUCH* better experience if you now change the protocol from "socketio" to "websocket", they finally fixed the server, its finally working as it should!
legendary
Activity: 1183
Okay, I DL'd the OSX binary and it works like a dream! Gratz guys, you did a great job.

I think the next step should be to introduce simple (or complex) bot trading modules based on different strategies. I personally would be happy to pay for a module or modules like this and I think a lot of people on the forums would as well. This could be made into a nice little business.

Thanks for all the work!

Paul.
any hope for stop orders and such?

Yes, genBTC just wrote that. Check his repo or wait for it to be pulled into the official version.

Thanks genBTC.
https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui

Thats my forked version. The two most important changes are the user orders and the Stop Loss Orders tabs. Consider it an even more developmental version. I just added the stop-loss bot tonight, and I tested it for a few hours, but I can't forsee bugs, but especially when using this to trade, please test it out in SIMULATION mode first, (edit goxtool\stoploss.py and change SIMULATION = False to SIMULATION = True).
legendary
Activity: 1630
any hope for stop orders and such?
Bug should be fixed now.

Switching between fiat currencies is high up on the list. Having multiple platforms would be awsome but it's a long way to go.
mrlithium, I have integrated the following features from your version into the main branch:

• group orders below 0.6 (we really should make this configurable at some point)
  • remove USD volumes (I kind of liked them, but I'll admit they're not crucial for trading)
  • no need for restart after adding authentification data
  • gain screen estate by tabbing authentification stuff
  • customizable application log (filters)
  • add bitcoin icon
  • make the price column 5 decimals
  • make buy/sell price edit box 5 decimals
  • correct windows start script
  • fix the code that inserts order-Id's into the edit box to better identify the last order

Hopefully, I'll get around to tag this as version 1.0.0 and release the version in Windows / Mac binary format tomorrow.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1022
No Maps for These Territories
A Qt trading interface for BTC is something I've always wanted to write from ~2010, but never got around to Smiley
Nice work sebastopol!
No. You need to use the API key. Go to: https://mtgox.com/security and click on Advanced API Key Creation: Then type any name and give it Get Info and Trade rights, and hit Create Key. The following codes are what you copy into the program.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Maybe we can work together?

Sure, I'll have some time on the weekend; we can work out a way for you to contribute on github.

BUT what is a major flaw is the hardcoded "ffuuuuuu" ironic bit Tongue You know what i mean. This has to be replaced by an actual user-generated one, that is Created through this new tab, and then verified with a dialog box when you launch the program.

No kidding  Grin I'm aware of that (hence the fffuuuuuuu) and there are a few other things that could be improved.

Edit: I definitely like the Authentication Tab. And yes, it should be possible to secure the user's authentication data with a password. At the same time I want to keep an option for users like me who are too lazy to enter a password every time and prefer to live dangerously.

User orders: also an important feature. Actually, it's that important I think it would be cool to integrate it in the main screen.

Finally: I don't believe in unasked-for pop-ups. I really don't like them in other applications, and I think goxgui should be able to do without them.

hi sebastian

there is no way to use directly the login/pass of mtgox directly?
if not how to generate key/pass?
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
I was thinking Stay Puft, but Gozer said Grover
Don't worry Grover, like I said, it requires a bit of Python experience to install this at this point.

mrlithium, you said you have successfully compiled a Windows executable, maybe you could help out our Windows users?

Thanks for all your work.

Don't worry Grover, like I said, it requires a bit of Python experience to install this at this point.

mrlithium, you said you have successfully compiled a Windows executable, maybe you could help out our Windows users?

Here is the windows exe. Also, I can vouch for HIS code being clear of malicious intent, since I read it all. The exe is theoretically de-compilable (the source is extractable in binary somehow) but if you want to be extra careful about stuff, just run this program in a sandbox and block it from accessing any other websites other than *.mtgox.com

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?41gu8b0ze1197po

This link above is the .exe of the version with "compress order-spam below 0.6 BTC", and "show Size and Total in BTC, not USD"

Also working on a new version:

Thanks for all your help and for making the exe.  You've unleashed the power of the Windows noob army!
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
mrlithium

Worked out of the box.

Thx.

Pages:
Jump to: