Pages:
Author

Topic: gpu bubble well and truly bursting - page 3. (Read 23728 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 8
April 20, 2018, 05:16:59 AM

Luckily, GPU mining =/= ETH.  ETH made its decision, time to get over with it.

Actually, ETH === GPU mining.

You're a legendary account and you should know by now that if and when ETH moves to POS. All those 8 million GPUs will mine the shit out of any and all those other coins you mentioned. Difficulty for the entire mining scene will increase and only the industrial miners with almost free electricity will remain.

Nah..

Real miner knows what to dig, and unfortunately ETH is not that profitable compared to other coins

AFAIK, GPU's already started out seeking other coins to mine than eth, interestingly that the difficulty right now might be an ASIC mining somewhere

added some stupid vitalik declaration not to go against ASIC for the meantime

It doesn't matter if ETH is less profitable compared to other coins. The problem is that majority of miner still mine ETH and once it goes POS it will be problem for guys those who don't mine ETH. But new coins will keep coming and maybe the coins that will replace most of the coins haven't even arrived yet.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
April 20, 2018, 05:03:08 AM

You're a legendary account and you should know by now that if and when ETH moves to POS. All those 8 million GPUs will mine the shit out of any and all those other coins you mentioned. Difficulty for the entire mining scene will increase and only the industrial miners with almost free electricity will remain.

Nah..

Real miner knows what to dig, and unfortunately ETH is not that profitable compared to other coins

AFAIK, GPU's already started out seeking other coins to mine than eth, interestingly that the difficulty right now might be an ASIC mining somewhere

added some stupid vitalik declaration not to go against ASIC for the meantime

Merit: 13
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 20, 2018, 04:22:39 AM

Merit: 8
April 20, 2018, 04:16:50 AM
etherum is stupid, and vitalik is a cry baby. ETC is the real etheruem. i cant wait for etherum to go POS and die like a Piece of Shit.

I think the ETH will go to PoS slowly. It might take a few years. So you might be disappointed.

ETH POS is becoming a reality sooner than you think. The ETH dev team has really been active and with the new threat of Bitmain's ETH ASIC they have further prioritized the development of Casper sharding and eventually POS.

Anyone can actually check on ETH development status on github. They have regular dev call meetings and updates to ETH are coming in slow but steady.

There are Monero, Bitcore, Raven and all three of them give more profits than ETH already. Raven and Bitcore are small projects compared to Monero though Raven might become very big by the end of this year. There will always  be a big project which prefers GPUs over ASICs.

But spreading FUD about GPU's is good. I'll buy all the cheap GPU's from ETH miners.
I personally think that Bitcore is overrated. Sure it is good for mining and it is a big and legit project but beyond mining I can't see any real world use with it. It doesn't bring anything new or exclusive to the table that dozens of other coins haven't or can't. It won't be one of the 1% coins that will survive in the distant future. What do you think ?
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
April 20, 2018, 03:51:02 AM
etherum is stupid, and vitalik is a cry baby. ETC is the real etheruem. i cant wait for etherum to go POS and die like a Piece of Shit.

I think the ETH will go to PoS slowly. It might take a few years. So you might be disappointed.

ETH POS is becoming a reality sooner than you think. The ETH dev team has really been active and with the new threat of Bitmain's ETH ASIC they have further prioritized the development of Casper sharding and eventually POS.

Anyone can actually check on ETH development status on github. They have regular dev call meetings and updates to ETH are coming in slow but steady.

There are Monero, Bitcore, Raven and all three of them give more profits than ETH already. Raven and Bitcore are small projects compared to Monero though Raven might become very big by the end of this year. There will always  be a big project which prefers GPUs over ASICs.

But spreading FUD about GPU's is good. I'll buy all the cheap GPU's from ETH miners.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
April 20, 2018, 03:38:27 AM

I think it will be later next year for the PoS to be implemented properly.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
April 19, 2018, 09:28:45 PM

Activity: 134
Merit: 11
April 19, 2018, 07:51:31 PM
I'm still waiting for when high end rx 580 8gb cards are under $275.
Right when ethereum started to get popular to mine and before the demand swarm, I picked up a pair of sapphire rx 480 nitro+ 8gb cards for $265 each from newegg then amazon.
The next week I scored a two month used MSI armor OC rx 480 8gb off craigslist for $140, mint condition.
Activity: 700
Merit: 136
XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM
March 29, 2018, 08:36:55 AM
Actually they are just to many miners online. So you just have to think that there were also a lot of miners one year ago and the prices wasnt that high. So there are a lot of people who works in electricity plants and mine secretly. Or any other places at work where they have electricity for free. So all people thinks that the people stop to mine when the price drops. But there are also many people who continue mining although the electricity price is higher. But those people are just waiting until the price rises again.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
March 29, 2018, 07:56:43 AM
is gpu mining already dead or still dying?

It is dying. If the 1080Ti price is $500, then it is completely dead.
Activity: 69
February 20, 2018, 03:15:05 PM

Activity: 141
Merit: 4
ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.
February 09, 2018, 06:25:49 PM
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
February 09, 2018, 04:59:15 PM
i´ve been just kidding guys Grin
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
February 09, 2018, 04:52:16 PM

Lol. GPU mining won't die in near future.
And just by the way... for example ETH needs miners to confirm transactions and there are no ASIC-miners - if GPU mining dies there could be a problem.

ETH is far from the only game in town as far as gpu mining goes.
February 09, 2018, 04:47:22 PM

Fully alive wtf hahahahahaaha.

As long as it remains profitable to do so, we will do it.

And even if it becomes unprofitable.  I'll still be mining.
Activity: 242
Merit: 11
February 09, 2018, 04:40:39 PM

Fully alive wtf hahahahahaaha.

As long as it remains profitable to do so, we will do it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
February 09, 2018, 04:38:43 PM
February 09, 2018, 04:11:19 PM
was able to get a couple 1080s yesterday for good prices finally. gota be quick on the sticks and have conviction on not paying more than you should but options are slowly starting to come back.

Ya I grab a couple 1080 ti's as well. Hopefully the trend continues down.

Retailers are now trying to screw people over like the resellers have been doing for several weeks.  I paid $799 for 1080ti's from B&H in mid Jan.  Same card is $1129 from B&H now that they have them in stock again.

Hopefully people are not buying them.  Put these idiots in their place.
Activity: 3
February 09, 2018, 03:58:15 PM
was able to get a couple 1080s yesterday for good prices finally. gota be quick on the sticks and have conviction on not paying more than you should but options are slowly starting to come back.

Ya I grab a couple 1080 ti's as well. Hopefully the trend continues down.
Activity: 82
February 09, 2018, 03:40:50 PM
Pages:
Jump to: