Pages:
Author

Topic: gpu bubble well and truly bursting - page 6. (Read 23728 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 22
October 28, 2017, 01:11:44 PM
I did a huge test on a bunch of GPUS. I'm about to make 90+% back by next month. I'm so grateful of this well and truly bursted bubble.

bought most of my 40 GPUs in May, getting my money back by the end of the year as well, greatly thanks to SIGT (mining profit $250++/day for couple of weeks lol) and ZEN. So burst.

You  are luck to get good coin to mine.

But then nothing really stops you from finding something similar. Do your own research.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
October 28, 2017, 12:31:53 PM
I did a huge test on a bunch of GPUS. I'm about to make 90+% back by next month. I'm so grateful of this well and truly bursted bubble.

bought most of my 40 GPUs in May, getting my money back by the end of the year as well, greatly thanks to SIGT (mining profit $250++/day for couple of weeks lol) and ZEN. So burst.

You  are luck to get good coin to mine.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
October 24, 2017, 06:09:05 PM

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
October 24, 2017, 05:54:13 PM
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
October 24, 2017, 05:42:41 PM
Nvidia and AMD will have the most profit ever this year because of mining. They'd be stupid not to favor cryptocurrency mining at this point. GPU mining will never be gone, maybe the profits will reduce (I doubt that) but it won't ever end. Gamers will cry more and more in the upcoming years.

They don't favor cryptocoin mining because the demand is so very very UNSTEADY.

They prefer steady but growing sales to gamers because they can predict cash flows a LOT easier for future needs/expansion and such.

AMD in particular got burnt HARD when the last "GPU Cryptocoin Bubble" burst, and their market evaporated in the massive flood of USED cards that killed a huge part of their sales for a good year or longer.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
October 22, 2017, 06:51:06 PM
I think we will soon see a new phase of mining in the near future. The current POW model of mining to secure the network is a huge waste of resources and way overdone. New projects are coming online looking for ways to purpose the enormous computing power that is POW mining and harness it to solve real world problems that are currently very expensive and time consuming for the current systems of limited capability by comparison.

Richard Heart is spearheading a project based on Computational Fluid Dynamics modeling and bringing it to a very interesting tokenized POW model that could be a game changer with similar projects to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0yAl9i8avw
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
October 22, 2017, 06:45:18 PM
Nvidia and AMD will have the most profit ever this year because of mining. They'd be stupid not to favor cryptocurrency mining at this point. GPU mining will never be gone, maybe the profits will reduce (I doubt that) but it won't ever end. Gamers will cry more and more in the upcoming years.

This time next year, roughly when ethereum hits POS will be the real test - where will 100 Ths worth of mining go? Ethereum classic only has 6 Ths, vertcoin sitting on a couple. It is such a large amount of mining power that needs to go somewhere. I'm hopeful something will take its place in terms of value, so that difficulty won't outweigh average electricity costs. Only time will tell.
Activity: 54
October 22, 2017, 06:36:41 PM
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
October 22, 2017, 05:56:29 PM
People tend to think only as far as they can taste, smell or see sometimes... and when its see; its only usually something right in front of em, or else they are flat out blind to it.

This. No matter how much you tell them numbers they just don't get it, printing money is just so awesome.

GPU bubble will burst but not this weekend, don't know about next week though.

edit: but this virablog or whatever post was just full of shit.

I don't see the bubble bursting.

What I am seeing ALREADY HAPPENING is a slow irregular deflate of the bubble - pretty much already gone on the NVidia side but that side was a lot smaller bubble to start with, and some progress made on the AMD side.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
October 21, 2017, 06:38:03 AM
ASIC resistant coins like Vertcoin (since 2014!) and Solaris are happy to take your GPU power.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
October 20, 2017, 04:42:39 PM
People tend to think only as far as they can taste, smell or see sometimes... and when its see; its only usually something right in front of em, or else they are flat out blind to it.

This. No matter how much you tell them numbers they just don't get it, printing money is just so awesome.

GPU bubble will burst but not this weekend, don't know about next week though.

edit: but this virablog or whatever post was just full of shit.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
October 20, 2017, 04:14:13 PM
Need to start account farming...

It can easily net me more than 1000w of the latest mining equipment...  Kinda crazy the more I think about it.

This current profitability thing (right now) is just the phase of mining gear going online/offline because of season.....   Wait for it to stabilize.  There are always extreme lows when the network gets saturated.

yeah  I used to do well with signatures myself.   But  my gpus and my s-9's and my avalon's  are all okay.

I have earned  around 4000 usd  on gpu mining since  the op wrote  the title to this.

I have never seen a more poorly titled thread then this one.  Bubble has yet to break. In fact wait till btc gold comes on the 25th.

amen...   Things are still steadily moving along; kinda how they always have been.....   which is amusing sitting here looking at 0.0155BTC being worth almost $100....   

legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
October 20, 2017, 04:06:08 PM

It can easily net me more than 1000w of the latest mining equipment...  Kinda crazy the more I think about it.

This current profitability thing (right now) is just the phase of mining gear going online/offline because of season.....   Wait for it to stabilize.  There are always extreme lows when the network gets saturated.

yeah  I used to do well with signatures myself.   But  my gpus and my s-9's and my avalon's  are all okay.

I have earned  around 4000 usd  on gpu mining since  the op wrote  the title to this.

I have never seen a more poorly titled thread then this one.  Bubble has yet to break. In fact wait till btc gold comes on the 25th.
legendary
October 20, 2017, 04:00:00 PM

legendary
October 20, 2017, 03:21:46 PM
legendary
October 20, 2017, 02:50:10 PM
How much is that signature campaign paying?
For me its .0003/post; max 20/day.
legendary
October 20, 2017, 02:37:36 PM
How much is that signature campaign paying?
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
October 20, 2017, 02:23:30 PM
You are comparing a trading bubble to the use of GPU's in mining? You guys just love to throw around terms that you really don't know the meaning of, dont' you. Well, the "bubble" was over a year ago, but thanks for noticing.
There has been no reason to point a computer at crypto other than trading for a year or more.
Activity: 69
September 29, 2017, 01:04:07 PM

Probability ZERO as long as it is the current "top gaming card".

Be happy it's back in the $700 or a bit under range again, where it was in January.

Where dude?

Newegg - but I'm in the US, you EU types seem to get shafted on pricing due to your generally very high taxes like VAT.

My Aorus in the gaming machine runs at 65-66C under full ZEC mining load, not "about 70" - but it's in a case with good cooling in an air-conditioned environment.
 I DO have it set up for 100% TDP, a mild core overclock, and my usual fan profile in Afterburner.

The Zotac 1080 and 1070 mini cards run reasonably cool, but they're at a lot lower TDP than a 1080ti has to deal with and all 3 models appear to use the SAME identical cooler.
 I'd expect the 1080ti model to run quite a bit hotter.

In my price, the price is about 30% higher than in US.
Activity: 610
Merit: 265
September 29, 2017, 12:26:38 AM
just transferred zec to polo, will cash in and buy 3 more 1080ti, anyone wanna sell theirs cause whole cryptoworld is going to collapse very soon Cheesy

Dude stop copying. I just sold some too. Let them panic sell. We need gtx 1080ti going for $500 and less.

Probability ZERO as long as it is the current "top gaming card".

Be happy it's back in the $700 or a bit under range again, where it was in January.

Where dude?

In EU, 1080Ti's are going for 800-850$, about 720 euros+, and those are the cheap Inno3d ones, which noone wants to buy.
If you're looking at the good ones, Evga, Aorus, Zotac etc. you're looking at 900$++

I bought a 18 of those "cheap Inno3d" 1080tis. They even reused the cooler from 780Ti lol. It works, and is way cooler than my FE 1080tis. Sure the cooling aren't as great as Evga's SC2 lineup. Maybe a few decibals higher to keep the same temp, but they use identical PCB (the founder's edition PCB) and at $660USD vs $760, I'll take inno3d any day.

My FE 1080tis are hitting 75 degrees at 80% Pl and 100% fan speed, but Inno3ds are 68 degrees and barely audible. I would suggest getting the Inno3d, as there is no difference in mining speed between it and the SC2. It's slightly faster than FE too because of better cooling.
Pages:
Jump to: