Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018! - page 9. (Read 16858 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
April 12, 2018, 03:20:10 PM
I think  GPU mining will not die this year and in the next too. There will always be coins that can be mined. The question is to preserve and increase profitability. As for ASICs, after Monero and other alts have switched to other encryption algorithms, I think that ASICs producers will no longer be able to manufacture this equipment.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 12, 2018, 02:07:59 PM
I don't think that GPU mining is gonna die by this year. People started to think in such a manner when the price of Eth started to fall low. In my understanding surely the price will increase, and as a beginning now it has started to move in the forward direction. Hope mining difficulty would increase to some extent, but won't die.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
April 12, 2018, 01:05:26 PM
Its funny that you mention hypocrite and Vitalik in same sentence,its like that you forgot Vitalik promising that ethereum will be asics proof and that he wont allow asics being used on his project...

Even is ETH and BWK can't be compared due to huge volume and popularity difference I really like how Bulwark team reacted to asics for Nist5 algo. BWK community is currently voting on 3 various options of overcoming this.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
April 12, 2018, 01:01:23 PM
I fully agree with you, Vitalik should understand everything and go to meet the community, yet large asik miners are aimed only at profit here and now.

People are overestimating Vitalik. I watched him many times. He is very passioned about crypto I must give it to him but he is making so many wrong choices lately. Must be his age. He simply lacks the life experience of an adult person. Out there there are many wolves who look like sheep and some of them are trying to be friends with Vitalik. I see that Vitalik having a hard time differing friends from enemies. (He was right about Craig Wright obviously)

In the end, I hope that Eth's protocol upgrade gets passed despite of Vitalik's opposition. Why is eth depending on Vitalik so much anyway? Satoshi left, Charlie Lee dumped his position, why does Vitalik hold so much coins and have the ability to manipulate the project at the same time?

EOS is coming to bite his ass if he doesn't make the right choices soon.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
April 12, 2018, 12:25:28 PM
Agreed with both of you. Vitalik is a rich chiter with a bunch of premined coins who does not think about community sake. Only dollars are in his eyes.

So let me get this straight.....you claim Vitalik only cares about money....yet the only reason you dont want an ASIC is that it will mess with your profits.

Definition of hypocrite: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

He doesnt care about ASICs because the current direction of ETH is to go Proof of Stake and eliminate mining altogether. Do some research before you make these stupid claims.
Its funny that you mention hypocrite and Vitalik in same sentence,its like that you forgot Vitalik promising that ethereum will be asics proof and that he wont allow asics being used on his project...
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1403
April 12, 2018, 12:03:28 PM
Agreed with both of you. Vitalik is a rich chiter with a bunch of premined coins who does not think about community sake. Only dollars are in his eyes.

So let me get this straight.....you claim Vitalik only cares about money....yet the only reason you dont want an ASIC is that it will mess with your profits.

Definition of hypocrite: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

He doesnt care about ASICs because the current direction of ETH is to go Proof of Stake and eliminate mining altogether. Do some research before you make these stupid claims.

GPU mining is about decentralization and almost every person can buy a GPU and start mining, making part of the cryptos enviroment

And Jihan and Bitmain are equal to government and banks, the main reason Bitcoin exists...so...
It's easy to follow man
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
April 12, 2018, 11:56:23 AM
For me GPU mining will not die... it will minimize or only few will be using on it. With the price increase of Video Cards and Electricity bills i guess only few will be using the mining.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
April 12, 2018, 11:53:07 AM

I don't believe that Vitalik is a rich chitter with "only dollars in his eyes."

I believe the problem is that Vitalik is pro BCASH. If you check his tweets he has congratulated Jihan Wu (CEO of Bitmain), can't remember if it was directly to him or to BCASH, once or twice already. He would never want to ruin their relationship together so he allows bitmain to carry on and mine ETH.
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
April 12, 2018, 11:40:40 AM

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
April 12, 2018, 11:35:37 AM
This is the most funny thread I saw. Just reading the first three posts.
Activity: 112
April 11, 2018, 03:58:58 PM
Activity: 686
Merit: 10
April 11, 2018, 03:19:46 PM
Things are getting interesting. Seems like Monero, Ethereum won't allow ASICs to get to success easily. I'm sure AMD and nVidia (GPU manufacturers) from back-end must be trying their level best as well to keep GPU mining going. The developer who created the pull request at Ethereum github for network upgrade (to remain ASIC-resistant) might be one of AMD's or nVidia's men as well.

Stupid Vitalik opposing the upgrade right now, I hope he re-considers his opposition, as Ethereum community wants GPU-mining to remain alive...

https://www.coindesk.com/no-action-vitalik-opposes-plan-disable-ethereum-asics/

On the other hand, chaos of Monero upgrade picking up.

All in all, I no more think that GPU mining is dying this year. Smiley

I fully agree with you, Vitalik should understand everything and go to meet the community, yet large asik miners are aimed only at profit here and now.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
April 11, 2018, 02:10:44 PM
Things are getting interesting. Seems like Monero, Ethereum won't allow ASICs to get to success easily. I'm sure AMD and nVidia (GPU manufacturers) from back-end must be trying their level best as well to keep GPU mining going. The developer who created the pull request at Ethereum github for network upgrade (to remain ASIC-resistant) might be one of AMD's or nVidia's men as well.

Stupid Vitalik opposing the upgrade right now, I hope he re-considers his opposition, as Ethereum community wants GPU-mining to remain alive...

https://www.coindesk.com/no-action-vitalik-opposes-plan-disable-ethereum-asics/

On the other hand, chaos of Monero upgrade picking up.

All in all, I no more think that GPU mining is dying this year. Smiley
Activity: 112
April 11, 2018, 01:50:39 PM
Turned off one of GPU's today.

UK is officially over for GPU mining unless the prices pick up by 3 fold.

Is the electricity so expensive that it leaves you with no profit? Do you understad that later your GPU will mine even less than now? I dont understand your position at all, it certainly looks a pose

Losses should be stopped. It is just simple
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
April 10, 2018, 06:50:17 PM
right now if you have the money then only buy coins, sale will end very soon, 10 April, i see these prices to last few more days and then price 2x

That would be nice.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
April 10, 2018, 05:35:49 PM
right now if you have the money then only buy coins, sale will end very soon, 10 April, i see these prices to last few more days and then price 2x and then your best bet is to buy gpus and mine, well you still have the choice to buy coins with a good price.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
April 10, 2018, 04:44:11 PM
As opposed to building a new mining rig at the present time?  Yes, I am buying btc and eth like it's the sale of the century during these times. 

Plan A:

Buy every GPU you can find and mine.

Plan B:

If plan A doesn't work buy every BTC & ETH you can find and HODL.

Plan C:

WTF, do we need one?
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
April 10, 2018, 04:22:01 PM

Is the electricity so expensive that it leaves you with no profit? Do you understad that later your GPU will mine even less than now? I dont understand your position at all, it certainly looks a pose

If it is not profitable to mine, then it is better to buy the coins directly.

As opposed to building a new mining rig at the present time?  Yes, I am buying btc and eth like it's the sale of the century during these times. 
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
April 10, 2018, 04:11:15 PM

If it is not profitable to mine, then it is better to buy the coins directly.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
April 09, 2018, 02:39:02 PM

Pages:
Jump to: