Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018! - page 5. (Read 16858 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
April 27, 2018, 09:03:24 PM
Mining BTC with GPUs died out years ago.

yup and good years they were.

i will never get rid of my 6870 and 5830, they are largely responsible for my stack as while i did sell coins through the years i kept enough to make my wife and i extremely happy.. i keep meaning to mount them in a frame and hang them on a wall as they were so good to me.

I realized BTC was worth something in October of 2013, by that time GPU mining of BTC had already died out. I got some Asicminer Block Erupters and was so impressed with BTC and mining I went all in on a Black Arrow (named after a UK rocket and "space" program) ASIC pre-order as the market on Bitfury ASICs had dried up and I missed the deadline for the KnC Jupiter (more "space"). I saw all the coins the Jupiter customers were getting and Black Arrow seemed to have a good history of delivering miners based on Bitfury chips.

Black Arrow ended up stealing my money and never shipped the miner I ordered. Cry  When I made the pre-order I had a small amount of money left and also purchased an old used HD 6990 5790 for $250, I made ROI in about a week solo mining Nova Coin. Cheesy  It finally died in a shower of sparks about 8 or so months back of fan failure two years ago but damn that card mined a lot of coins., it would do 50 MH/s ETH putting my new RX 580s doing 30 MH/s to shame.

edit:

It's been so many years it looks like I made a mistake, it was an HD 5970 that I originally got, another older dual GPU HD card. I got confused with this other dual GPU model, the HD 6990 was a more recent acquisition.
Activity: 269
Merit: 101
April 27, 2018, 08:10:45 PM
metroid doesnt own any coins but follows since 2009 and insults people and calls them trolls.

hehe.

metroid the nocoiner.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
April 27, 2018, 06:43:04 PM
This is one of the funniest threads I've been reading today Smiley
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
April 27, 2018, 06:23:24 PM
If those price predictions come true, I'll be living on my own private island somewhere. Lol.

Cryptocoins is the second greatest scam to mankind to date, paper money still the greatest, I said this in 2009 when all this thing began and still applies right now hehe, funny though, is a different kind of scam cause is protected by cryptography/technology/numbers but that is about it, is a modern scam, I remember people saying good things about gold and silver and how cryptocoins one day would be like gold and silver, look where they are right now and where cryptocoins are. This will keep increasing and breaking records, new ways to monetize money will be created, what we know about paper money in few decades will be extinct.

That's funny, you've only been a member on here since 2013 and it was actually 1983 when "this thing began".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecash

I've got to hand it to you though, you make a prediction thread on here that spans a year, then you go on to make mini predictions within the thread for the same year, and now here we are watching you make predictions "decades" into the future.

I'd compare you to Nostradamus, except some of his predictions have actually come true Grin

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
April 27, 2018, 09:54:01 AM
If those price predictions come true, I'll be living on my own private island somewhere. Lol.

Cryptocoins is the second greatest scam to mankind to date, paper money still the greatest, I said this in 2009 when all this thing began and still applies right now hehe, funny though, is a different kind of scam cause is protected by cryptography/technology/numbers but that is about it, is a modern scam, I remember people saying good things about gold and silver and how cryptocoins one day would be like gold and silver, look where they are right now and where cryptocoins are. This will keep increasing and breaking records, new ways to monetize money will be created, what we know about paper money in few decades will be extinct.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
April 27, 2018, 09:50:00 AM

yup and good years they were.

i will never get rid of my 6870 and 5830, they are largely responsible for my stack as while i did sell coins through the years i kept enough to make my wife and i extremely happy.. i keep meaning to mount them in a frame and hang them on a wall as they were so good to me.
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
April 27, 2018, 09:29:22 AM
There is no hope trolls, july is getting closer and closer, 3 things will hit your trollhead, first the e3 then the f3 encapsulated in the e3 and then the new nvidia gpus hehe and guess where all that hashrate is going to ehhe, I predict the difficulty to jump at least 3 times till September and price to follow and then before btc halves on 2020. Prices on 2020 will likely to be, btc 100k, eth 20k and many trolls resting with an improved fabricated coffin hehe

Also Warren Buffet crying out loud why he missed all that hehe

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
April 27, 2018, 09:23:11 AM
There is no hope trolls, july is getting closer and closer, 3 things will hit your trollhead, first the e3 then the f3 encapsulated in the e3 and then the new nvidia gpus hehe and guess where all that hashrate is going to ehhe, I predict the difficulty to jump at least 3 times till September and price to follow and then before btc halves on 2020. Prices on 2020 will likely to be, btc 100k, eth 20k and many trolls resting with an improved fabricated coffin hehe

Also Warren Buffet crying out loud why he missed all that hehe

April 27, 2018, 09:12:46 AM
BTC prices are now high so it will never die!

About the dumbest thing I've heard today.  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
April 27, 2018, 09:05:36 AM
GPU mining will never die from this year until to the near future! I guess the price of the Video cards used for mining will increase! BTC prices are now high so it will never die!
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
April 27, 2018, 08:49:08 AM
So, is it dead already?

April 25, 2018, 04:54:08 PM
Activity: 388
Merit: 13
April 25, 2018, 04:20:44 PM
So, is it dead already?
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
April 25, 2018, 02:01:23 PM
In the beginning/ mid-March I was tempted to sell my mining rig. Glad I didn't, once again it's producing some nice profit Smiley

Do you feel some regrets now? Rig can become a big mess again Smiley
Nope, not at all Smiley. Still mining and receiving some nice profit from my rig even if it uses 1.2kW of power and electricity is 0.16usd/kWh. Smiley

Dipstick likes to come around every now and then and take his frustrations out on everyone, because he was way too late to the mining game.  Sorry about his luck.

Not at all  I just get some fun from you guys Smiley
April 25, 2018, 01:49:12 PM
In the beginning/ mid-March I was tempted to sell my mining rig. Glad I didn't, once again it's producing some nice profit Smiley

Nope, not at all Smiley. Still mining and receiving some nice profit from my rig even if it uses 1.2kW of power and electricity is 0.16usd/kWh. Smiley

Dipstick likes to come around every now and then and take his frustrations out on everyone, because he was way too late to the mining game.  Sorry about his luck.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
April 25, 2018, 01:30:10 PM

April 25, 2018, 01:18:56 PM

No regrets here ... Still making much more than I'm spending.  Grin
Activity: 112
April 25, 2018, 01:15:24 PM

Activity: 602
Merit: 106
April 24, 2018, 12:47:56 PM
Activity: 12
April 24, 2018, 12:38:36 PM
ETC should out perform ETH.  With ETH planning a POS hard fork, and Bitmain backing ETC, the inv case for ETC is going up exponentially.  Immutability matters, ETH is a bailout forked shitcoin, people will realize sooner or later.

I have always thought of ETH being a premined scam vaporware, something like 72Million Ethereum were PREMINED to small circle.  How disgusting is that? But yeah, I hold ETC for the lulz.
$LTC moon too

Where does it say that Bitmain is backing ETC? And if ever what you say is true, is that even supposed to be important or noteworthy? Almost everyone hates bitmain and whether you are man enough to admit it or not.

You are entitled to your delusional opinions but in no way is LTC better than ETH. Haha.

Think of it like how Bitmain backs Bcash. Their ASIC's use ASICboost which is incapable of mining segwit transactions and misses out on segwit transaction fees in the rewards so this makes Bitmain ASIC's advantageous to run on Bcash, and go figure BitMain is pulling moves to displace BTC core.

It would make sense for BitMain to now favor ETC to overtake ETH due to mining.
Pages:
Jump to: