Pages:
Author

Topic: Graphic Designer + Web Designer (for hire) - page 2. (Read 8828 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Bumpy.   Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Ill send a PM.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Carlos, if you are wanting to pay me for a simple avatar, as I said it is a pretty easy task so it won't take very long. Just PM me to discuss those terms further.

Bump.
That's exactly what I want.
I gave you the description on the first PM, please make me questions and give me your price by PM.
Carlos, if you are wanting to pay me for a simple avatar, as I said it is a pretty easy task so it won't take very long. Just PM me to discuss those terms further.

Bump.
legendary
I certainly hope they're charging decently, then.  Even if it took just an hour, .185 (about 12 and fifty right now) per logo isn't exactly much.  When businesses are demanding logos left and right to fill up an entire day's worth of work, every day, non-stop, then it's a nice rate.  But once every now and then for a little extra on the side isn't a "rip-off."  It's not even part-time.

Further: those logos aren't very marketable.  They're all flash.  They look great artistically, but businesses (aside from a tattoo parlor maybe) aren't generally looking for logos like that.  I'm assuming they're using a 3D text tool and adding cool effects, which, as you say, doesn't take much time, which also implies it doesn't take much thought or effort into what the business actually needs for a logo.  Pick a font, add the effects, done.

Exactly why I gave those as an example. They're great artistically, and they only took 45 minutes. He could do one of those logo's listed in the OP in about 5 minutes if you gave him the things you wanted on it.  Saying it takes 2-3 hours is bullshit and it is a rip off, because it doesn't take that long at all if you're actually working on it. Say you're charging $60 for a layout, $25 for a logo, or whatever, but don't lie saying it takes 2-3 hours for something like that. If it does take you 2-3 hours, you're either OCD or just really slow.
He took 38 hours to make me a template (which btw, was never finished).
He's also now taking over 20 days to come up with a avatar to my forum account.

@Carlos, I am not making you an avatar. You aren't getting something for free from me? I agreed to make it but you never discussed terms further, we didn't even set a price. This is even AFTER our failed agreement earlier that exposed your ways earlier in the thread. I am a very well respected member of the bitcoin community as you know, stop the shenanigans please. By the way, the more you post the more my thread bumps and the more work I keep getting.
For free? Where the hell did I say I wanted it for free?

Here's my PM:
Hi,

I've deleted my posts on your topic, you should also delete the quoting you made to answer me  Wink

I really don't like to have unfinished business with anyone, so I'm contacting you so you can have another chance to make things right.
This time is something simple, I think.
I need a unique avatar to use on my social networks, bitcointalk.org, twitter, etc...

Is should integrate Bitcoin, programming, PHP and HTML.
Doesn't need to have any direct references to any of those, those are examples to make your imagination more fertile  Smiley
(Example: https://bitcointalk.org/useravatars/avatar_70642.png  Grin)

If you agree to do this, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Carlos
Now please, quote the part I said I wanted it for free.
I certainly hope they're charging decently, then.  Even if it took just an hour, .185 (about 12 and fifty right now) per logo isn't exactly much.  When businesses are demanding logos left and right to fill up an entire day's worth of work, every day, non-stop, then it's a nice rate.  But once every now and then for a little extra on the side isn't a "rip-off."  It's not even part-time.

Further: those logos aren't very marketable.  They're all flash.  They look great artistically, but businesses (aside from a tattoo parlor maybe) aren't generally looking for logos like that.  I'm assuming they're using a 3D text tool and adding cool effects, which, as you say, doesn't take much time, which also implies it doesn't take much thought or effort into what the business actually needs for a logo.  Pick a font, add the effects, done.

Exactly why I gave those as an example. They're great artistically, and they only took 45 minutes. He could do one of those logo's listed in the OP in about 5 minutes if you gave him the things you wanted on it.  Saying it takes 2-3 hours is bullshit and it is a rip off, because it doesn't take that long at all if you're actually working on it. Say you're charging $60 for a layout, $25 for a logo, or whatever, but don't lie saying it takes 2-3 hours for something like that. If it does take you 2-3 hours, you're either OCD or just really slow.

@Carlos, I am not making you an avatar. You aren't getting something for free from me? I agreed to make it but you never discussed terms further, we didn't even set a price. This is even AFTER our failed agreement earlier that exposed your ways earlier in the thread. I am a very well respected member of the bitcoin community as you know, stop the shenanigans please. By the way, the more you post the more my thread bumps and the more work I keep getting.

@Wardrick, I am professional freelance graphic designer, this means that I make 100% of my income to live through graphic design. I have a BA in graphic design/advertising and BA in studio art. If people would rather buy work from that other guy that's great and I fully support it. As an artist community everyone should support each others efforts unless they are overpricing for something. $15.00 an hour (with 2 degrees and over 13 years designing) IMO is very reasonable. By the way those logos aren't even vector.

None of my logos were made in 5 minutes, as all of my clients and anyone knowledgeable on the subject can attest to. When you rock out a clean vector logo based on client's demands in 3 hours that's what you get. I also offer 2 FREE revisions. My prices are more than reasonable as you can see by the mass amount of work I've created for the bitcoin community.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Sorry beefsock, you're on your own there!
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1022

Exactly why I gave those as an example. They're great artistically, and they only took 45 minutes. He could do one of those logo's listed in the OP in about 5 minutes if you gave him the things you wanted on it.  Saying it takes 2-3 hours is bullshit and it is a rip off, because it doesn't take that long at all if you're actually working on it. Say you're charging $60 for a layout, $25 for a logo, or whatever, but don't lie saying it takes 2-3 hours for something like that. If it does take you 2-3 hours, you're either OCD or just really slow.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
I certainly hope they're charging decently, then.  Even if it took just an hour, .185 (about 12 and fifty right now) per logo isn't exactly much.  When businesses are demanding logos left and right to fill up an entire day's worth of work, every day, non-stop, then it's a nice rate.  But once every now and then for a little extra on the side isn't a "rip-off."  It's not even part-time.

Further: those logos aren't very marketable.  They're all flash.  They look great artistically, but businesses (aside from a tattoo parlor maybe) aren't generally looking for logos like that.  I'm assuming they're using a 3D text tool and adding cool effects, which, as you say, doesn't take much time, which also implies it doesn't take much thought or effort into what the business actually needs for a logo.  Pick a font, add the effects, done.
legendary
Activity: 1022
0.185 /HR? 2-3HRS for a logo? Pfft. You are ripping people off and lying. I know someone who does this in less than 45 minutes.

Bump.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Beefsock, I like what I'm seeing here. You're invited to become a member at http://coind.net/, just sent you a PM.
Bump.  Smiley
I like the logo work! I'm looking to hire

Thanks  Smiley. Send me a PM if you are still interested, I'm always looking to fulfill your guys' design needs!
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
I like the logo work! I'm looking to hire
Came to bump and realized I wasn't notified of the new posts Sad

Quit yer bumping and whip my logo out Smiley

It's practically done Smiley some polishing and I will have it to you this afternoon/evening.

Awesome, im trying to build a website atm but its going to look awful with out some custom artwork. Ill keep you in mind.

Awesome. Just drop me a PM if you end up needing me since like I said for some reason I'm not getting notifications of new posts in the thread.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Awesome, im trying to build a website atm but its going to look awful with out some custom artwork. Ill keep you in mind.
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
Bump.  Smiley
Quit yer bumping and whip my logo out Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: