Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 104. (Read 597425 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Good call, I forgot about that!

I am not new to it, at least not to Boinc.
I use Boinc and Seti@Home since 2001 and the Gridcoin Research wallet is synced for almost one week now. Only the coins came in today.
But it should start mining or at least showing it has connection to Boinc and list my data, shouldn´t it?

My current Boinc RAC for Seti@Home is 29612

you also need to be in the gridcoin team on all the projects you want to boinc-mine.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
I use Boinc and Seti@Home since 2001 and the Gridcoin Research wallet is synced for almost one week now. Only the coins came in today.
But it should start mining or at least showing it has connection to Boinc and list my data, shouldn´t it?

you also need to be in the gridcoin team on all the projects you want to boinc-mine.
legendary
1 week?

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

legendary
Since you are new it will probably take 12-24h for your info to get into the system.

Okay, I got some Gridcoins in my Gridcoin-Research wallet now, but:

The Boinc Seti@Home Project is still ignored.

My Boinc folder is located in F:\BOINC and the corresponding apps folder is f:\BOINC\data
So, I edited the config file to:

Code:
cpumining=true
[email protected]
addnode=node.gridcoin.us
UpdatingLeaderboard=false
boincappdir=f:\BOINC\
boincdatadir=F:\BOINC\data\

Still not working, not showing any participation or mining efforts, just this:

What should I do?

Okay, I got some Gridcoins in my Gridcoin-Research wallet now, but:

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FLlsCfyn.jpg&t=546&c=S2BqrCSwvVZWtg

The Boinc Seti@Home Project is still ignored.

My Boinc folder is located in F:\BOINC and the corresponding apps folder is f:\BOINC\data
So, I edited the config file to:

Code:
cpumining=true
[email protected]
addnode=node.gridcoin.us
boincappdir=f:\BOINC\
boincdatadir=F:\BOINC\data\

Still not working, not showing any participation or mining efforts, just this:

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FLlsCfyn.jpg&t=546&c=S2BqrCSwvVZWtg

What should I do?

Activity: 213
Merit: 100
I just bought some Gridcoin (GRC) on Poloniex and tried to send them to my wallet, but Polo says "invalid address".

Am I missing something here?
I got the Gridcoin Wallet "3.1.8.5-research". The addresses always start with "S" but the ones on Polo start with different letters. Whats wrong?
Should I use the "classic" wallet?

Completely confused...

Adresses starting in "G" (partly mapped to "F") belong to Gridcoin-classic.
Adresses starting in "R" (partly mapped to "S") belong to Gridcoin-research.

Tricky hashes Cheesy
legendary
1. Download the classic wallet and sync it. www.gridcoin.us

2. Withdraw the GRC coins from poloniex to your grc classic wallet!

3. Download and sync POR GRC wallet! www.gridcoin.us

3. Follow these instructions for burning classics GRC to POR GRC! http://pool.gridcoin.us/CoinExchange.aspx

4. Make sure to test small amount first to see how it works!

I just bought some Gridcoin (GRC) on Poloniex and tried to send them to my wallet, but Polo says "invalid address".

I got the Gridcoin Wallet "3.1.8.5-research". The addresses always start with "S" but the ones on Polo start with different letters. Whats wrong?

Completely confused...
Activity: 196
Merit: 101

Completely confused...

Hi Techone,
I'm fairly new to gridcoin, but it sounds like you need to convert the old gridcoins to the new ones. Here is the link http://pool.gridcoin.us/CoinExchange.aspx

Make sure you follow the instructions and don't send you coins the the burn address from Polo until you complete the steps otherwise you will loose them. I would be happy to try and answer any questions you have.

Have a Good Day

Completely confused...
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I need a little help setting up my Gridcoin Research mining.

I would like to use my running Boinc to get Gridcoin (not mine Gridcoin by GPU directly).

BOINC is up and running Seti@Home, all working fine for many years now.
Now I installed the Gridcoin Research Wallet, entered my Boinc email address on first startup and edited the gridcoinresearch.conf file to make it find my Boinc installation.

cpumining=true
[email protected]
addnode=node.gridcoin.us
boincdatadir=F:\\BOINC\\data\\

But it is showing this:

I got no Gridcoin so far and I don´t know why.

Can anyone help me getting it fixed?

First of all you need some GRCs to start. Since PoR is based on PoS, you need a minimum balance in order to stake.
Don't worry if the amount is very low: there is a newbie stake rule pushing it up, so you can mint about daily.
You can get some free GRCs here: http://uscore.net/
Or buy classic GRC on an exchange and burn them in order to convert to new GRC (see OP).
I need a little help setting up my Gridcoin Research mining.

I would like to use my running Boinc to get Gridcoin (not mine Gridcoin by GPU directly).

BOINC is up and running Seti@Home, all working fine for many years now.
Now I installed the Gridcoin Research Wallet, entered my Boinc email address on first startup and edited the gridcoinresearch.conf file to make it find my Boinc installation.

cpumining=true
[email protected]
addnode=node.gridcoin.us
boincdatadir=F:\\BOINC\\data\\

But it is showing this:

http://i.imgur.com/LlsCfyn.jpg

I got no Gridcoin so far and I don´t know why.

Can anyone help me getting it fixed?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
every second mined por is not accepted, is that normal?

No its not. What is the network difficult?

legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
every second mined por is not accepted, is that normal?
legendary
This is very good news, a Mac client will make Gridcoin much more accessible!

When is the mac client coming out? Is there a way to burn my classic GRC into Gridcoin-Research without it? I bought quite a bit and it's actually stuck on an exchange without a mac client. Unless there is anything else trustworthy to store them?

Mac client does work! Finally!
But, we havent asked Leder to compile it in a while and I dont have my mac set up yet.

So, if you could please build it from github:\\gridcoin-research for now.

Ill post a message on the other board to see if Leder can compile it.

Rob

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
When is the mac client coming out? Is there a way to burn my classic GRC into Gridcoin-Research without it? I bought quite a bit and it's actually stuck on an exchange without a mac client. Unless there is anything else trustworthy to store them?

Mac client does work! Finally!
But, we havent asked Leder to compile it in a while and I dont have my mac set up yet.

So, if you could please build it from github:\\gridcoin-research for now.

Ill post a message on the other board to see if Leder can compile it.

Rob
legendary
Do you have a friend who runs windows where you can install the POR grc client?

Activity: 603
Merit: 500
legendary
Black Belt Developer

I think that calculator uses wrong BTC/GRC: that's the change for the old GRC, each of which converts to 10 research GRCs, so the BTC/GRC change should be divided by ten.

Not necessarily - it reflects the current GRC/BTC price.  We are optimistic the price will not crash by 10* when we switch tickers.

Currently you can convert a classic GRC, which is about 4000 satoshi, to 10 research GRC, so a research GRC is exchanged at 400 satoshi, and this is the only way you can buy a research GRC with BTC.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252

I think that calculator uses wrong BTC/GRC: that's the change for the old GRC, each of which converts to 10 research GRCs, so the BTC/GRC change should be divided by ten.

Not necessarily - it reflects the current GRC/BTC price.  We are optimistic the price will not crash by 10* when we switch tickers.

Please let a delegate update this outdated OP before we switch.
Definitely.
Jump to: