Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 108. (Read 597425 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
If you POR wallet is empty you won't get anything. My suggestion would be to buy some coins @ c-cex or poloniex, then you can burn them to your POR wallet and you will then start getting interest and POR blocks.

Burn Page: http://pool.gridcoin.us/CoinExchange.aspx

Hi all,

I have been using BOINC 2 weeks now and gridcoin POR about 1 week but i haven't got any coins yet.  All of my BOINC projects have over 100 RAC and they show up in gridcoin wallet.

My questions:

Do i need to actually have some coins in the wallet to get more? ( If so where i can get them since i cant get mining to work in classic version)
Does boinc magnitude need to be 100 or over?

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi all,

I have been using BOINC 2 weeks now and gridcoin POR about 1 week but i haven't got any coins yet.  All of my BOINC projects have over 100 RAC and they show up in gridcoin wallet.

My questions:

Do i need to actually have some coins in the wallet to get more? ( If so, where i can get them since i cant get mining to work in classic version)
Does boinc magnitude need to be 100 or over?

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501
I hope it's the last upgrade and now it starts working Smiley

as far as I understand it that depends on the BOINC projects

I think seti@home uses GPU other projects use the cpu
...but I´m not completely sure about that

Who should be sure if not the GRC team? You and dev are a few guys who made a really good thing, create it and promote it - this is great. But you are the people who should know and tell Smiley I'm not a newbie at such things, but still I don't understand what and how. Most people on forums are guessing, not sharing a real know-how. Simple question: how do YOU mine GRC, what projects, CPU or GPU... etc ?
Compare what you've written with your website: http://www.gridcoin.us/Guides/BOINC/whitelist.htm How to understand the list? BTW: seti is in maintenance mode (checked today)

BTW: observation of the things for 2 weeks show that connection of PoS (old bagholders who use milliWatts of energy to have their wallets running in background) and PoR (new users earning day by day with hundreds of Watts daily), is not fair.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
if anyone's wondering about gpu projects, please note that worldcommunitygrid has no more gpu jobs and that poem@home has some, but not always.
the wiki should reflect this.
legendary
I think around mid April~ roughly 6 months from now!

anyone knows when will old GRC "die"?

no one can help me?
Activity: 213
Merit: 100

no one can help me?

"The Gridcoin-Classic to Gridcoin-Research conversion began October 12th, 2014 and will continue until approximately April 20th, 2015, a 6 month window. "
you can find the shedule of our conversion here: http://wiki.gridcoin.us/Proof-of-Research#Gridcoin-Classic_to_Gridcoin-Research_Conversion

If someone needs GRC to get started, find our GRC-starter promotion here: http://uscore.net (english) or here: http://uscore.de (german)
feel free to share! Smiley
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

no one can help me?
Activity: 523
Merit: 252
as far as I understand it that depends on the BOINC projects

I think seti@home uses GPU other projects use the cpu
...but I´m not completely sure about that

Hmm, ok. I didn´t know that. I was reading about that coin and liked the idea so much... and I was using Boinc so I thought I could easily combine it.
I didn´t wanted the registrate at some coin exchance... but it looks like that I have to do so.
Thanks for the information.

you are using cpu or gpu to research GRC?
Thank you! Now I´m curius to see what will happen!

I sent you some GRC to get you started! Smiley

Hmm, ok. I didn´t know that. I was reading about that coin and liked the idea so much... and I was using Boinc so I thought I could easily combine it.
I didn´t wanted the registrate at some coin exchance... but it looks like that I have to do so.

If you really want to send me some coins... I would be thankfull.
My adress is: Rz6J6uTXwYUiejFMpeUGp4mrRBRNBvLWKH

You need to have some GRC in your balance otherwise you earn nothing!! The POR Gridcoin is not like POW coins where you mine. For POR GRC you need some Gridcoins in your account so you can stake and get interest and POR blocks. You should read up on how Proof of Stake coins work!

What is your POR GRC receiving address? Maybe I can send you some coins to get you started.

yes

You have a balance of zero in your wallet??

None ... until now. I want to mine some

Glad you got everything worked out! May I ask how many grc you are staking??

I finally made it. The BOINC projects are listed in the wallet.
The problem was indeed that I wasn`t joined in the gridcointeam in the BOINC Projects

Now I just wait to get some coins?

I Like that idea, I like that coin... I will spread the word  Grin

THX to traderman who helped a lot!

Activity: 170
Merit: 100
You should burn them following these instructions:

http://pool.gridcoin.us/CoinExchange.aspx

CHECK THE AMOUNT FIRST BEFORE SENDING ANY COINS.
Activity: 32
C-cex and all the other exchanges are running GRC classic. You can download the wallet from http://gridcoin.us/

thx for your reply.
can I send GRC from the classic client to the new research client?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
My congrats but im left project, nobody could help me or ignoring.. PoR this is something new and interesting, but my knowledge of the English language does not allow me to understand by myself or translate wiki
legendary
legendary
C-cex and all the other exchanges are running GRC classic. You can download the wallet from http://gridcoin.us/

Hello,
I just bought some gridcoin at cex to start mining.
I was wondering why I cant withdraw my GRC. now read here that cex is using an old wallet.
Is there a way to get my GRC from cex to my wallet?
Can I buy GRC somewhere else?

thanks
Activity: 32
Hello,
I just bought some gridcoin at cex to start mining.
I was wondering why I cant withdraw my GRC. now read here that cex is using an old wallet.
Is there a way to get my GRC from cex to my wallet?
Can I buy GRC somewhere else?

thanks
Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

you are using cpu or gpu to research GRC?
legendary
I sent you some GRC to get you started! Smiley

You need to have some GRC in your balance otherwise you earn nothing!! The POR Gridcoin is not like POW coins where you mine. For POR GRC you need some Gridcoins in your account so you can stake and get interest and POR blocks. You should read up on how Proof of Stake coins work!

What is your POR GRC receiving address? Maybe I can send you some coins to get you started.

yes

The problem was indeed that I wasn`t joined in the gridcointeam in the BOINC Projects

I Like that idea, I like that coin... I will spread the word  Grin

yes

I Like that idea, I like that coin... I will spread the word  Grin

legendary

yes

I Like that idea, I like that coin... I will spread the word  Grin

Jump to: