Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 138. (Read 597425 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Everybody remember to upgrade your wallet! Navigate help-> Debug window -> Console, then type upgrade.

If you go into upgrade loop for some reason add this line in gridcoin.conf: suppressupgrade=true.

Cheers!

ps. Remember to vote in MintPal!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
corrupt wallet, you need to start gridcoin with -salvagewallet

hey guys kinda stuck with this error
tried bout everything

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error       
CDB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974       
D:\Program Files (x86)\Coins\Gridcoin\gridcoin-qt.exe in Runaway exception       

2014-06-07 09:55:04 EnvShutdown exception: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery (-30974)

seems to happen when blocks hit 22 weeks out

fresh install still gettin this with new version
Activity: 296
Merit: 250
tried bout everything

2014-06-07 09:55:04 EnvShutdown exception: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery (-30974)

fresh install still gettin this with new version
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Mandatory Upgrade:
2.1.3.7/158/13.1

- Added PoB Rule
- Prevent Solo mining while client is far out of sync
- Fixed Linux compile error
- Added a new feature to the top level menu : Under Rebuild Block Chain | Download Blocks, will allow new users to sync from 0 in less than 5 mins.
- Added execute downloadblocks
Activity: 20
You're absolutely right. I could give you excuses, but the short and long of it is that we screwed up. I'll tweet a status update now.

Guess what. 11 days and counting. Still frozen..
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
tried bout everything

Do you have a backup wallet.dat?
The wallet software will backup wallet.dat automaic.The backup wallet files are in "C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Gridcoin\walletbackups",
Replace the wallet.dat with a backup.

I use a back up in 06/01/2014,and it works fine now. Grin
Activity: 296
tried bout everything

legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
Lots of coins got hit on the games/faucet and i've shut down the whole thing until i can resolve the security exploit smartypants found.

Around 0.5 BTC where stolen, not a big loss... but whatever...

"Official" PR here http://cryptocoinfaucet.appspot.com/
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
You're absolutely right. I could give you excuses, but the short and long of it is that we screwed up. I'll tweet a status update now.

It's probably the first time I hear a humble and honest statement said on behalf of an exchange.
One point for Poloniex!
Owner of Poloniex
Can anyone tell me why GRC has been frozen at Poloniex for like a week and counting? This seems worrisome to me (and the fact that I bought some GRC just before the market got frozen isn't helping). Since Poloniex is listed as an official exchange in the OP, it would be at least partially the responsibility of the devs to get that fixed..

Just a quick update:

- Still no progress from Poloniex' side (been frozen for well over a week now)
- I had opened a ticket with Poloniex 3 days ago, which got closed without a response 2 days ago. I have reopened it myself, still no response

The fact that Poloniex doesn't seem to care about its users is a very bad signal. You can't just leave a whole market frozen for more than a week, without news and without responding to support tickets, while in the meanwhile the users have no way of touching their coins. A week in crypto is like a lifetime, and this is absolutely ridiculous. I'll be pulling out all of my coins from Poloniex, because this exchange just doesn't seem trustworthy at all.

I am very sorry your tickets received no response. There is really no excuse for that.

GRC has only been frozen due to the compilation issues. We have just gotten it compiled and running, and are now trying to get it to sync. I anticipate the GRC market will be unfrozen today.

Yesterday I was also told (on IRC) that it would be fixed the same day. I was also told that public status updates would be provided. And I was also told that my support ticket would be responded to. The outcome:

- Still no response to my support ticket
- GRC market is *still* frozen
- No public status updates have been provided other than your response in this topic (which I appreciate, but you should be providing status updates on your website - not all your users are going to find this post).

I hope you'll actually set this straight because honestly this situation is ridiculous.
Owner of Poloniex
Can anyone tell me why GRC has been frozen at Poloniex for like a week and counting? This seems worrisome to me (and the fact that I bought some GRC just before the market got frozen isn't helping). Since Poloniex is listed as an official exchange in the OP, it would be at least partially the responsibility of the devs to get that fixed..

Just a quick update:

- I had opened a ticket with Poloniex 3 days ago, which got closed without a response 2 days ago. I have reopened it myself, still no response

The fact that Poloniex doesn't seem to care about its users is a very bad signal. You can't just leave a whole market frozen for more than a week, without news and without responding to support tickets, while in the meanwhile the users have no way of touching their coins. A week in crypto is like a lifetime, and this is absolutely ridiculous. I'll be pulling out all of my coins from Poloniex, because this exchange just doesn't seem trustworthy at all.

I am very sorry your tickets received no response. There is really no excuse for that.

GRC has only been frozen due to the compilation issues. We have just gotten it compiled and running, and are now trying to get it to sync. I anticipate the GRC market will be unfrozen today.

Just a quick update:

legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
Just noticed that this coin had a hardfork... if any of you have been trying to get coins from the faucet, i'm sorry Smiley

Updating right now to get it fixed asap.
legendary
I think there is some kind of compilation error on Ubuntu or somethin, they are working on it.

Why GRC trading is frozen on Poloniex?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Why GRC trading is frozen on Poloniex?
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
gridcoin broke 10,000 votes on mintpal today and is in 7th position to be added.

Get out there and vote!  Let's get to number 1 Wink

Let's not forget to vote on Cryptsy too, Gridcoin is in 4th position!
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
gridcoin broke 10,000 votes on mintpal today and is in 7th position to be added.

Get out there and vote!  Let's get to number 1 Wink
legendary
I have been CPU mining on the new system and have found quite a few blocks already.

CPU mining is working great.  I am having no issues with the CPU pool.
Instructions are here;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623761.new#new
and additional help is;
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/11800-how-to-cpu-mine-step-by-step-gpu-mining/
and
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-196

If you are not already doing it - it's time to get your BOINC on!
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
CPU mining is working great.  I am having no issues with the CPU pool.
Instructions are here;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623761.new#new
and additional help is;
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/11800-how-to-cpu-mine-step-by-step-gpu-mining/
and
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-196

If you are not already doing it - it's time to get your BOINC on!
Jump to: