Pages:
Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 6. (Read 597251 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 3
The technical folks, whom we have been in contact with, stated they have appreciated our technical support for them and that it is a business decision based on low trade volume. On their recommendation, NeuralMiner has reached out to the business side to try and discuss further....
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
No reason given, just one of 8 coins up for delisting.

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
Gridcoin being delisted from Poloniex on 25th Sept,  what a kick in the bollocks that is.

Did Poloneix give a reason for delisting?
Einsteinium is getting delisted too, do they not like science coins?

I bought my GRC on Bittrex
Activity: 122
Merit: 16
Glad i could help.
Latest version is 3.7.16.0

You should make backups of both files on a regular basis. This will keep you from trouble in the future...

Whenever there is a new version, just repeat what you just did.

Regards!
Activity: 746
Merit: 500
Okay, Win10, 64bit.

The easiest way to update is to download the latest installer from:

https://gridcoin.us

Choose to download "Gridcoin Research Wallet (Windows 64 Bit)" and just run the .msi.
No need to uninstall the old wallet.

ATTENTION: Make sure to backup the wallet.dat and gridcoinresearch.conf files from your (hidden) Gridcoin directories BEFORE the new install! You should find them here: %AppData%\GridcoinResearch\

If your balance is 0 after updating, close wallet and just copy the backup files back to the hidden folder and restart wallet.

That should be it!

About the guidance: beats me...

thanks for the infos

I would not have figure out how to do it by myself LOL!

What is the last version number / name?

I am pretty sure I don't have it... but in case ;-)

Thanks for your honesty telling about the fact it is you who forgot to provide guidance to less techy people like me ;-)

EDIT:

making the backup is even simpler by just using the wallet features to save both files ;-)

and after having started the new version, coins are there and all is fine

thanks for your personal guidance ;-)
Okay, Win10, 64bit.

The easiest way to update is to download the latest installer from:

https://gridcoin.us

Choose to download "Gridcoin Research Wallet (Windows 64 Bit)" and just run the .msi.
No need to uninstall the old wallet.

ATTENTION: Make sure to backup the wallet.dat and gridcoinresearch.conf files from your (hidden) Gridcoin directories BEFORE the new install! You should find them here: %AppData%\GridcoinResearch\

If your balance is 0 after updating, close wallet and just copy the backup files back to the hidden folder and restart wallet.

That should be it!

About the guidance: beats me...
May I get a reply, please.

Or tell me where is the best place to ask for support

thanks in advance

Hi there!

What OS is your wallet running on, because there are different ways to update wallet.
Another way to get support is on the official forum on:

https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/forum/464-gridcoin-grc/

Regards, djoser.

thanks I am on Win 10, 64 bit

And especially if you are telling that, I really want at least a mini guide
to update the wallet  ;-)

Why is there any guidance provided with the release and just 2 source code stuff?

thanks

thanks in advance

Hi there!

What OS is your wallet running on, because there are different ways to update wallet.
Another way to get support is on the official forum on:

https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/forum/464-gridcoin-grc/

Regards, djoser.
Activity: 244
Merit: 100
Write coinmarketcap.com to kick out poloniex immediately from markets
Activity: 244
Withdraw everything from poloniex and stop trading there.
Gridcoin Leisure Update 3.7.16.0 Released
Hello everyone, this release is a fix for the issue you have all likely been seeing relating to the “phantom” 162 + 1 GRC in your wallets. As documented by developer Jim Owens yesterday this was caused by a longstanding bug in the wallet relating to burn addresses being undefined in the code. https://medium.com/@gridcoinnetwork/gridcoin-leisure-update-3-7-16-0-released-97001b7bc44d

I reached GitGub to get the update .

I am not sure how to use it... as there are only 2 things, both beeing code source.

Sorry for the silly question, how to use this update on a desktop
in addition to the former version?

thanks for your help

thanks in advance
Activity: 210
Gridcoin being delisted from Poloniex on 25th Sept,  what a kick in the bollocks that is.

Wow, that is the reason why sudden drop on price on bittrex. I'll just wait a little longer, then I'll buy this coin again. It's a possible gain, after everybody dumps.

I was wondering this too.  That's a crazy drop.
Activity: 448

Wow, that is the reason why sudden drop on price on bittrex. I'll just wait a little longer, then I'll buy this coin again. It's a possible gain, after everybody dumps.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Is there a Gridcoin explorer. All the ones listed on first page is invalid.
Activity: 90

Gridcoin Leisure Update 3.7.16.0 Released
Hello everyone, this release is a fix for the issue you have all likely been seeing relating to the “phantom” 162 + 1 GRC in your wallets. As documented by developer Jim Owens yesterday this was caused by a longstanding bug in the wallet relating to burn addresses being undefined in the code. https://medium.com/@gridcoinnetwork/gridcoin-leisure-update-3-7-16-0-released-97001b7bc44d

I reached GitGub to get the update .

I am not sure how to use it... as there are only 2 things, both beeing code source.

Sorry for the silly question, how to use this update on a desktop
in addition to the former version?

thanks for your help
Whether you are blocked from sending or not depends on your UTXO's. If a send with automatic input selection fails, if you manually select the inputs and avoid the unspendable ones, you should be able to do sends without updating. You will not be able to vote or send a beacon until you upgrade, because you can't manually select UTXO's for those operations.

Upgrading to 3.7.16.0 definitely fixes the problem...
Activity: 1946
Merit: 350
If the amount being referred to was the phantom coins, 162 + 1, then you are right. I know all about the 162 + 1, since I wrote the fix for the bug (and was the originator of the explanation). Thank you.

There was also a valid rain done a couple days ago, so I confused the two.

Yes, it was 162+1 - you can see these transactions in my wallet screenshot

I will update wallet if there is new version for mac.
But still before updating I was able to send giveaway GRCs (some of them you can also see on this screenshot)
If the amount being referred to was the phantom coins, 162 + 1, then you are right. I know all about the 162 + 1, since I wrote the fix for the bug (and was the originator of the explanation). Thank you.

There was also a valid rain done a couple days ago, so I confused the two.

Jim

Core Developer
Gridcoin
Pages:
Jump to: