Pages:
Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 7. (Read 597251 times)

Activity: 1946
Merit: 350
It was a valid rain across the whole network.

No, it was't.
I posted this giveaway to Steemit also https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@flodner/gridcoin-giveaway
And Lennstar explained this in the comment

If this is about the 1GRC and 162 GRC transactions last week - this is an (visibility) error.

It is explained in the announcements on slack.

The coins were send to a burn adress and should not appear in our all wallets. (And they cant be spend)

The latest .16 version "repairs" that I think. As with Orphans you won't see that anymore.
Activity: 28
Merit: 3
It was a valid rain across the whole network.
I don't know why (may be somebody from this thread?) I received some amount of Gridcoins
That's for sure is not from mining, as I mining only several GRC a month...
Also my magnitude on 2 PCs fell so that's really small amount.
May be it was because I started to run Boinc project which gives also Byteballs, but I'm not sure yet

But what I wanted to say is that I would be happy to share GRCs with new users of this forum - 1 GRC per person (yes that's not much but it's more than faucet gives and faucet is empty recently, also you need to remember that I only get few GRC per month, may be 10 GRC was maximum)

So new user can DM me your GRC address or leave it here
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Gridcoin — State of the Network — 04 September 2018
Welcome to the 21st Gridcoin State of the Network Report. The SotN Report is a fortnightly report organized by @parejan and @jringo. It compiles useful news and statistics for the Gridcoin community.
https://medium.com/@gridcoinnetwork/gridcoin-state-of-the-network-04-september-2018-6927f6210f46
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
Gridcoin Leisure Update 3.7.16.0 Released
Hello everyone, this release is a fix for the issue you have all likely been seeing relating to the “phantom” 162 + 1 GRC in your wallets. As documented by developer Jim Owens yesterday this was caused by a longstanding bug in the wallet relating to burn addresses being undefined in the code. https://medium.com/@gridcoinnetwork/gridcoin-leisure-update-3-7-16-0-released-97001b7bc44d
Activity: 185
Merit: 1
☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️
Gridcoin needs change and innovate more to make investors believe, at this time I see some people on this forum are disappointed with the results of GRC, they must work hard to restore investor confidence so as not to abandoned by users.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
From developer Jim Owens:

The 162 and 1 GRC received by everyone yesterday which was sent to an apparent address of 1Wh4bh are actually "burn" transactions to an empty address. The wallet currently has a bug that incorrectly marks this as a transaction that is yours and displays it and adds it to your balance. The amount is not spendable by anyone, because it has no actual key in the script. So there is absolutely no danger of double spends. We will be issuing a patch to suppress the output for both the balance and display. Sorry for the confusion, and disappointment.
Activity: 122
Merit: 16
Ahh...okay...

If he's crunching WCG and/or Rosetta then all he has to do is to change/join team Gridcoin.
He will not loose his RAC on either of projects.
Both projects are whitelisted for receiving Gridcoins.

Just set up a GRC wallet, join the team, use a faucet for some starter coins (needed for your wallet in order to send a beacon) and welcome to the worlds most reasonable cryptocurrency!
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
my RAC will be same when i jumped from bbp to grd or ill be started from 0?
thx for help
I'm sorry, what?

Jumping from what to what???
I googled and I suppose he means this: https://www.biblepay.org/mining/#PODC
Since this is a different project, they have a different RAC. But if you want to change from them to GRC you'll still get rewards in BBP I think because it'll take some time until you reach 0 there, it falls little by little every day.

Personally though I changed my focus to XDNA for now, doing some Folding@home and some classic mining now and then... nothing too hardcore though!
I'm sorry, what?

Jumping from what to what???
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
my RAC will be same when i jumped from bbp to grd or ill be started from 0?
thx for help
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
Gridcoin Developer Update August 27th, 2018
Hello everyone and welcome to another Developer Update from the Gridcoin team. I’d like to remind everyone that these posts will be created every two weeks unless a wallet update is pending that week. We have a few new pull requests submitted by our developers since the last update as well as some news about CBR testing on testnet. https://medium.com/@gridcoinnetwork/gridcoin-developer-update-august-27th-2018-fa83821c3df
I wish no one waste there money on this coin like I have done....
So so sad Cry Cry Cry
Dead

Hardniola,
It's not dead, why do you think so?
It's just the situation on all markets with the price.. but with Gridcoin if you have big balance you can earn additional GRC by staking
Gridcoin in comparison to other coins has relatively big community
so don't be sad
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I wish no one waste there money on this coin like I have done....
So so sad Cry Cry Cry
Dead
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
Gridcoin — State of the Network — August 20, 2018
https://medium.com/@gridcoinnetwork/gridcoin-state-of-the-network-august-20-2018-6d7dbff97e48

Welcome to the 20th Gridcoin State of the Network Report. The SotN Report is a fortnightly report organized by parejan and jringo. It compiles useful news and statistics for the Gridcoin community.
Hi Flodner, good to see you again  Cheesy

SPARC was converted into DCC. This means SPARC is cancelled completely.
You can still earn SPARC via the alpha.sparc.network for your BOINC computations. If you request a payout to your Ethereum-Address you receive DCC instead of SPARC. Tested it by myself, it works!

Unfortunately the infos on DCC from Kings Distributed System are stll scarce...

Greetings, djoser.

Hi djoser, nice to see you again too!
Yes, I will withdraw DCC in future, but I just wait to have bigger balance
Actually because I'm mining on 2 laptops and it goes very slow - I might request the balance in a year or so))
Hi Flodner, good to see you again  Cheesy

SPARC was converted into DCC. This means SPARC is cancelled completely.
You can still earn SPARC via the alpha.sparc.network for your BOINC computations. If you request a payout to your Ethereum-Address you receive DCC instead of SPARC. Tested it by myself, it works!

Unfortunately the infos on DCC from Kings Distributed System are stll scarce...

Greetings, djoser.
Actually I logged into my account on Grcpool and that's what I see (this is also answer to my quesion)

SPARC is currently being rebranded to DCC Credits.

More details are here: https://www.grcpool.com/about/sparc
At this time: unfortunately NOWHERE!

Yes, but it's like with SPARC - you can't sell them as well (May be on EtherDelta or Forkdelta, but when I checked the price was very low or there were no orders to buy).. so that's we'll see in the future

Also may be you know was it 1 time airdrop or will it happen again?
At this time: unfortunately NOWHERE!
Pages:
Jump to: