Pages:
Author

Topic: GRIDSEED G-BLADE Overclocking 7Mh/s, improvements and repair - page 9. (Read 74040 times)

ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
J4bberwock,

Can you please confirm if the REGULATED voltage rails on the blades are just 5V and 3.3V ONLY?

I have not seen any other mentioned voltages; other than 5V and 3.3V.

What I like to do is to jumper in an ATX PSU and be done with all that volt-modding.

1. remove any on-board regulation, i.e. remove any in-series components.

2. Solder in screw-in terminals after the components

Do you think that would work?

ASIC chips voltage is 1.2V at stock...60-80A ...

Voltmod is rising it to 1.35 to 1.75V ...

Check the schematics first...then re-evaluate your "idea(s)"... Grin

ZiG
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
J4bberwock,

Can you please confirm if the REGULATED voltage rails on the blades are just 5V and 3.3V ONLY?

I have not seen any other mentioned voltages; other than 5V and 3.3V.

What I like to do is to jumper in an ATX PSU and be done with all that volt-modding.

1. remove any on-board regulation, i.e. remove any in-series components.

2. Solder in screw-in terminals after the components

Do you think that would work?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

I'm not sure a reset will put it alive, but at least, it won't hurt.

You can also check voltage on the AME8805 converter that powers the stm103 chip.
I'll upload a pic with the test points and what you should read.
No need to power the blade except with the USB plug.

Thanks for the suggestion! Pics of that part and the test info would be really helpful.

Unfortunately pressing the button didn't kickstart the blade into action, so I'm guessing it's a component issue.  Undecided

here is the picture with what you should measure.

You simply need to plug the USB, nothing else

you can use any ground point on the board. the easier one to use is this one. square pad in the connector.

My one blade died, thought it was the upper fet which I replaced, but now when I connect the power supply I hear a buzzing noise from the power connector and the power supply goes off, have checked the boards for shorts and nothing I can spot, any idea's ?

maybe the 16v 220uf Capacitor.
I suppose you also replaced the ferrites/0 ohm resistors that burned with the upper gate mosfet.
There are very few components between the power plug and the mosfets, so they are easy to track:
Plug -> ferrites -> capacitors -> mosfets

You can check the 8 chips schematics on github for some help. It's almost the same as what we have on the blade.

I posted a few test points you can check in this thread. It can help finding the origin of the trouble.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
My one blade died, thought it was the upper fet which I replaced, but now when I connect the power supply I hear a buzzing noise from the power connector and the power supply goes off, have checked the boards for shorts and nothing I can spot, any idea's ?
Activity: 88
Merit: 10

You can also check voltage on the AME8805 converter that powers the stm103 chip.

Thanks for the suggestion! Pics of that part and the test info would be really helpful.

Unfortunately pressing the button didn't kickstart the blade into action, so I'm guessing it's a component issue.  Undecided

Just a warning. pressing the the reset button can corrupt the ARM firmware as i learnt first hand with a couple of PODs.

Ah good to know. Good thing I didn't try it on the working blade!

Unfortunately pressing the button didn't kickstart the blade into action, so I'm guessing it's a component issue.  Undecided

Just a warning. pressing the the reset button can corrupt the ARM firmware as i learnt first hand with a couple of PODs.
Activity: 378
AAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Grin

Activity: 432
Merit: 254
On-board microcontroller burned STM32F103RCT6, and behind him and a voltage 5V to 3.3V. After dismantling stabilizer defined fault on the board.

1. Place stabilizer;
2. Search faults using thermal paper;

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gridseed-g-blade-firmware-for-arm-stm32f103rct6-664905

Could you elaborate...?

BTW, thermal paper is a great idea... Wink

ZiG

I burned down converter 8805 (5v to 3,3 v) due to short circuit in the chip ARM. Short circuit determined using a cash receipt (thermal paper) filing with 3,3 V power supply (necessary to limit current). To do this, use two batteries 1,5 V and pressing the paper can be found a short circuit. Today rewire the chip and write firmware.

That might work, could be a reset if the blade gets locked up.
I remember the old ASIC blades also had a similar reset feature
if the unit became locked up during mining and power reset did
not work.

Just noticed that switch marked ASW100 - any info/idea/guess what's that for?

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone here can help me out with an issue I'm having with my blade. One of the boards isn't being recognized by my computer when I plug the USB cable in, but the other board is perfectly functional. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of to make sure it's not something I'm doing wrong, and it seems like the board is DOA.

I posted this questions in another section, and Wolfey2014 pointed me over here to see if anyone has had a similar issue. He also suggested I try hitting what may be a reset button, the one in the pic above. Did anyone ever try this with their blade, and if so, did it fix anything?

Thanks in advance, and if I get my blade working it seems like overclocking may be in my future!  Grin

ZiG
On-board microcontroller burned STM32F103RCT6, and behind him and a voltage 5V to 3.3V. After dismantling stabilizer defined fault on the board.

1. Place stabilizer;

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gridseed-g-blade-firmware-for-arm-stm32f103rct6-664905

Could you elaborate...?

BTW, thermal paper is a great idea... Wink

ZiG
Activity: 432
Merit: 254

1. Place stabilizer;

Activity: 346
Merit: 260

That might work, could be a reset if the blade gets locked up.
I remember the old ASIC blades also had a similar reset feature
if the unit became locked up during mining and power reset did
not work.

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone here can help me out with an issue I'm having with my blade. One of the boards isn't being recognized by my computer when I plug the USB cable in, but the other board is perfectly functional. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of to make sure it's not something I'm doing wrong, and it seems like the board is DOA.

I posted this questions in another section, and Wolfey2014 pointed me over here to see if anyone has had a similar issue. He also suggested I try hitting what may be a reset button, the one in the pic above. Did anyone ever try this with their blade, and if so, did it fix anything?

Thanks in advance, and if I get my blade working it seems like overclocking may be in my future!  Grin

Question: if you mod your blade and add a 33k+ resistor but keep your freq lower
in 825 or 838 range do you see a reduction or elimination of rejects/hardware errors?

You will be able to go higher clock without HW errors, but it shouldn't affect the rejects.
Activity: 346
Merit: 260
Question: if you mod your blade and add a 33k+ resistor but keep your freq lower
in 825 or 838 range do you see a reduction or elimination of rejects/hardware errors?
i measured the resistor i got from the store and they gave me the wrong ones, it was 47.7k
what do you think it did tot my board. .?

OH ---- MY ---- GOD!!!!

I can't believe you even touched the PCB!
If you don't even know how to read the value of a resistor........HuhHuh
You probably toasted it!

Please people, to keep from giving we professionals out here a heart attack, spend the extra money to pay a pro' to do the work needed instead of risking losing everything you've invested in, possibly for nothing!
At least find a skilled volunteer!
You can always ask your local TV or PC etc. repair shop to do it for you.
Geesh! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG TIMES 10000!!!
Good luck!

Hopefully, I do expect that the MOSFETs will have failed and nothing else.
worst thing would be the up1509 since there is no pin to pin compatible replacement and I can't source the original chip.
Activity: 378
i measured the resistor i got from the store and they gave me the wrong ones, it was 47.7k

OH ---- MY ---- GOD!!!!

I can't believe you even touched the PCB!
If you don't even know how to read the value of a resistor........HuhHuh
You probably toasted it!

Please people, to keep from giving we professionals out here a heart attack, spend the extra money to pay a pro' to do the work needed instead of risking losing everything you've invested in, possibly for nothing!
At least find a skilled volunteer!
You can always ask your local TV or PC etc. repair shop to do it for you.
Geesh! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG TIMES 10000!!!
Good luck!

Activity: 805

Pages:
Jump to: