Pages:
Author

Topic: GRIDSEED G-BLADE Overclocking 7Mh/s, improvements and repair - page 12. (Read 74041 times)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
Hi all. Can someone recommend a stock fan replacement for a non-modded G-blade?
I'm looking for fans that are quieter than these stock fans without sacrificing the CFM amount?  I'm also hoping no mod is required to replace the fans with 3rd party fans.  If this has already been answered can someone point me in the right direction?  After filtering for g-blade & fans I kind got tired after 50-60 read hits.  Thanks in advance.
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Did you see this thread...Huh

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/furyblizzard-tuning-and-mods-644921

Started like few days ago...

ZiG

Looks like I'll be the first voltmodded on Zeus.
The updates on Zeus voltmod will be posted on the thread you linked to keep this one on Gridseed blade

Good job, J4bberwock...

I glad you find this useful...better to keep them separate...

Did you check nst6563 cooling solution(s) there...?

ZiG

In fact, I did almost the same thing without seeing the thread. Arctic ceramique under the pcb and custom heatsinks on the chips plus fan blowing through like on the blade.

OK...make a perfect sense ...

Any improvements...?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

ZiG

The updates on Zeus voltmod will be posted on the thread you linked to keep this one on Gridseed blade

Good job, J4bberwock...

ZiG

In fact, I did almost the same thing without seeing the thread. Arctic ceramique under the pcb and custom heatsinks on the chips plus fan blowing through like on the blade.
12v 5A psu melted. I believe I was drawing more than 60watt  Grin

Can't believe you're using a cheap brick!
They blow up on you because they are made for intermittent peak performance, not constant!
If they were, they'd come heat sinks and fans!

Well done on getting the first Zeus overclocked!
Now to see what the actual results are, pool side.....
Keep your fingers crossed.

I think the HW error count is unacceptable already.
My 26 pods have been running steady at 1163MHz for eons and outputting maximum accepts (even better than running higher clocks) with virtually 0 HW errors out of the lot of em! hint hint.... Wink

Since the brick was free and I was short of ready to use server psu, I wanted to try and see how far I could push it.

Not far...

I'll set up a hashra or similar raspberry image tomorrow for the tests and with a server psu.
ZiG

ZiG

Good job, J4bberwock...

ZiG
Activity: 378

Can't believe you're using a cheap brick!
They blow up on you because they are made for intermittent peak performance, not constant!
If they were, they'd come heat sinks and fans!

Well done on getting the first Zeus overclocked!
Now to see what the actual results are, pool side.....
Keep your fingers crossed.

I think the HW error count is unacceptable already.
My 26 pods have been running steady at 1163MHz for eons and outputting maximum accepts (even better than running higher clocks) with virtually 0 HW errors out of the lot of em! hint hint.... Wink

ZiG

ZiG
ZiG
12v 5A psu melted. I believe I was drawing more than 60watt  Grin

It's piece of shit... Grin

Get something serious...PC PSU...

ZiG
Just to tease you
New topic soon for first overclocked Zeus miner.
I received my miners 1 hour ago, first one already modded.

Did you find ANY schematics for Zeus...?

ZiG
No schematics, No chips datasheet.

But it does hash at Ltc clock 525 right now with low HW errors compared to what you get stock. Something around 4%.
Cgminer 3.1 reports strange hashrate so I'll need to rely on a pool to estimate the gain.
Bfgminer gives me way more HW errors No matter what I try.

Just an hint on the voltmod, Zeus uses tps40193 as Buck controler.
2R030 power mosfet
Reference resistor is 9.3k voltage adjust resistor is 9.1k to get 1.2v
6.2k adjust resistor gives 1.65v on mine.

Unfortunately, the cooling on the blizzard/fury is not enough, maybe even at stock voltage. That is the reason for higher HW errors.
ZiG
Just to tease you

Did you find ANY schematics for Zeus...?

ZiG
Activity: 868
Just to tease you

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Just to tease you
Will anyone possibly link some of the parts you purchased to volt mod your g-blades in this thread?
Curious
I'll do it this afternoon when I'll go on the computer. Too hard to do with the phone.
Activity: 210
Will anyone possibly link some of the parts you purchased to volt mod your g-blades in this thread?
Curious

It doesn't need to be either or, using both will divide the load, but I bet it will hold on it's own. The new connector might be so they can integrate multiple blades in a larger product. It's locking, so it would be more reliable than a 2.5mm power plug.

Also, based on the sticker that was on my other blade, these were manufactured this past week.

It makes sense, Blade will be entry level around 350-400$ in a few weeks, big blade with more PCB slightly more expensive, probably around 1000-1500$ and A2 for the most powerful miners from 2500 to 5000$.
Activity: 289
Merit: 251
As Requested:  Cool

The 4th mosfet pad have the lines connected or is just placed on the pcb?
Activity: 178

They also added "J1".
Is it power related? can it be a place to solder something better than the original 12V plug?

I checked it, and it's got (2) +12v terminals. It's in the shape of a 4 pin mini 12v aux connector. You see it on the bottom left on this board here just behind the power jack:

It doesn't need to be either or, using both will divide the load, but I bet it will hold on it's own. The new connector might be so they can integrate multiple blades in a larger product. It's locking, so it would be more reliable than a 2.5mm power plug.

Also, based on the sticker that was on my other blade, these were manufactured this past week.
As Requested:  Cool

Looks like they are reading the thread and adjusting the product.
Not that bad.
Can I have some royalties for proposing the second upper gate mosfet?  Grin

Back on topic, if you solder a second mosfet for upper gate, it will divide the load, and they will both run cooler, less risks of damaging the power board.

They also added "J1".
Is it power related? can it be a place to solder something better than the original 12V plug?

Next improvement would be to move the "AL2" choke slightly out so that the power mosfets could benefit of the air flow from the fan.
Almost nothing to do, but it will increase reliability.

With so much improvements made, it's clear that the blade wasn't a finished product when they launched it
It would be nice if Gridseed could replace under warranty the blades that were damaged because of ferrite beads and upper gate mosfets blown.
Even simply exchanging the PCB that you will put back on the heatsink, it will save on shipping for the customer and Gridseed.

Gridseed people, if you do read me...
Pages:
Jump to: