Pages:
Author

Topic: [GROUP BUY WORLDWIDE]BTMine v1 Miner 200GH/s BTC 2.4 - page 40. (Read 97107 times)

Activity: 486
Merit: 262
rm -rf stupidity
Also while doing this should I go ahead and pop all the 80 Fuses off and just link them with solder?  This gave me the reason to install my watercooling system so LOL!
rm -rf stupidity
Did you remove the plastic piece under it solder down?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Helperizer
Was out of town this weekend when I noticed on BTCGuild that one of my units had dropped to 0.  I remoted into my desktop here and logged into see it would start to hash and instantly fail.  Temps were in the 90* area.  I was able to get home 24 hours later after I halted the TP-Link, which did nothing except not let it go out to hash.  I took the ENTIRE unit apart and this piece on the second module was sitting on the bottom of the case.

I can see how it was soldered but I have no clue if that is something I can even do.  It's that A 997 330 16V right next to Fuse 1.  Any help I would love you all.

Also to note there are 4 miners there, including this one, NONE of them had any temp. issues just this one.

Yep, that's the same capacitor that fell off one of my boards - for my unit, the ribbon cable connector was putting too much pressure on it and forced it off.  It's easy to resolder, but you have to be generous and make sure you get a really good connection.  Also, make sure the orientation is the same as the other comparable ones on the other modules.  My module came back to life with the capacitor in place but I never saw temps like that nor 0 hashing.  Note that I soldered mine with a bit more play so that the ribbon cable could go around it more easily.

Good luck!
rm -rf stupidity
Was out of town this weekend when I noticed on BTCGuild that one of my units had dropped to 0.  I remoted into my desktop here and logged into see it would start to hash and instantly fail.  Temps were in the 90* area.  I was able to get home 24 hours later after I halted the TP-Link, which did nothing except not let it go out to hash.  I took the ENTIRE unit apart and this piece on the second module was sitting on the bottom of the case.

I can see how it was soldered but I have no clue if that is something I can even do.  It's that A 997 330 16V right next to Fuse 1.  Any help I would love you all.

Also to note there are 4 miners there, including this one, NONE of them had any temp. issues just this one.
Helperizer
Could someone post the dimension of the fuse, or what SMD package they used?  Also do they have any number printed on them to help identify what they are?  I ordered a few of these miners so I might as well order some spare fuses. 

Thanks for digging into that problem.  Hopefully the ones I get will be OK but better to be prepared.

Here's all I have on the fuses I pulled:

Surface mount, two square solder pads on the underside of each fuse.

Length 3.4 mm
Width 1.66 mm
Height 1.25 mm

Markings "8 0"

That's all there was.

Is that enough for you to tell us the appropriate replacements?  If so, what is the next higher current?  I'm presuming DigiKey would be fine?

Thanks!
- Tye
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
If I do not get a tracking number soon, I guess ill open a case on the first unit I ordered via paypal. Cant get the BTC back, but can get some money back.
Activity: 294
I do not own an antminer yet, but I am sure I will in the near future.  But I hope I can help answer your question, I have been researching them for a little while now.

They are designed to be open as we see them, as an owner and operator of several Butterfly Lab Jalapenos and 30 and 50 gh/s singles I believe adding a case to an antminer is the opposite of what you want to do from a cooling perspective, considering that most BFL equipment operators remove the cases for better cooling!  Cooling is always a big issue with this type of equipment.

So by adding a case you are spending unnecessary money and making it run hotter!  I have a 5 year old son and I run my miners at home, I told him they are hot and he is not to touch them, and that works out fairly well.

Mtnminer

Size:  135 mm x 155 mm x 300 mm  If you can find a case large enough I don't see why not.

What I meant was are they able to be mounted in a case? Or are they meant to be open like that?

I'd rather have them protected. Plus maybe u can find a case to fit two or more. But if there is no mounting ability it's pointless
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Size:  135 mm x 155 mm x 300 mm  If you can find a case large enough I don't see why not.

What I meant was are they able to be mounted in a case? Or are they meant to be open like that?

I'd rather have them protected. Plus maybe u can find a case to fit two or more. But if there is no mounting ability it's pointless
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Can I put those antminers in a case?
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Just purchased two antminers s1's @ 1.9 btc each.

Might be an option for those who missed this boat or jumped ship. Wink

From where did you get those for 1.9?
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
Just purchased two antminers s1's @ 1.9 btc each.

Might be an option for those who missed this boat or jumped ship. Wink
Helperizer
What pools are people using these with? Anyone try hooking it up to something called 'cgwatcher' http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/p/cgwatcher.html#download?

I have been using BTCguild and it seems to be coming up with a lower hash rate at the pool end. It stays at a constant 232Gh in OpenWrt and BTCguild only reports 210-220Gh. AT BTCguild I have the minimum difficulty set to 128 on PPLNS. Is there a better pool for these? 

Interestingly, coinex.pw just set up SwitchPools for both SHA and Scrypt coins.  If you're a coinex user, it might be worth checking out to auto-switch to maximize profit.

I use my own custom autoshacoin scrypts so I can limit which coins to choose from and it also works with this Avalon (changes pools over ssh, swaps config files, and restarts).
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
What pools are people using these with? Anyone try hooking it up to something called 'cgwatcher' http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/p/cgwatcher.html#download?

I have been using BTCguild and it seems to be coming up with a lower hash rate at the pool end. It stays at a constant 232Gh in OpenWrt and BTCguild only reports 210-220Gh. AT BTCguild I have the minimum difficulty set to 128 on PPLNS. Is there a better pool for these?

Cheers,  

OC ed?

Just left it as stock settings. Here are some pics.

Your rejects seem high. I'm at 512 LSD on Ghash and have 4,316 accepted, 6 rejected (only the ratio matters) with 217 GH/s in OpenWrt and 212-236gh/s on Ghash. Might explain your discrepancy b/w OpenWrt and BTCguild. Either way though, your LSD should be higher (take your hash rate and divide by 1.4). I always set mine to 256, but ghash bumps it to 512 for me sometimes. Don't really care as long as everything lines up and my rejects are low.

Awesome temps BTW.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Cheers, 

OC ed?

Just left it as stock settings. Here are some pics.

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

Cheers, 

I use CGWatcher and CGRemote. Works great for keeping an eye on things.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100

Cheers, 

OC ed?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Cheers, 
Pages:
Jump to: