Pages:
Author

Topic: [Group Buy#1] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! Using JohnK as escrow! FINISHED! - page 5. (Read 150341 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Think. Positive. Thoughts.
Ragin is either a scammer or has a mental disorder combined with incompetence/laziness, in this instance the GB participants were extremely lucky. If Yifu didn't screw up chip orders and offer refunds, they would likely have NOTHING. No (worthless) chips, no boards, etc. His stories were fake (ask him to produce an obit)... you can't very well speak ill of someone who has lost a family member or ask them to "prove it" and he has an extensive track record (check hard forums) of "issues."

I would encourage anyone who participated in this GB to add a negative trust so others aren't duped.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1874180

The prodigits storyline is weird... for a while I thought they were the same person. I feel bad for John, who is having to facilitate the resolution of this fiasco. I wonder if he ever does escrow for these things again. If you all aren't tipping him, you should.
Got the refund, thanks! Hope you guys sort the rest of this out soon. Happy holidays to everyone.
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Hoping John K looks into my 5.16 BTC at least Sad

Please confirm your BTC address here (or via email/PM) so that I can send this out.

JohnK - you should at least get confirmation that he sent it - get him to give you the login details to his MTGox so you can see the transaction history and confirm the transaction on that date. Don't risk feeding scammers. If he's legit, then fine, but if I were you I wouldn't pay out without some basic checks first; otherwise you'll have 10 sock puppet accounts claiming those funds.

scotjam
For the record, I also still have the sample chips, which were never even opened or used. I was simply just holding on to them as collateral, for the group buy in case Ragingazn628 became unstable again.

So I'm willing to send it back to you or the group buy members. I have also spoken to Noitev about this on several occasions.

Thanks for coming clean on that prodigits, but they're worthless now and the group never authorised ragin to send them to you. You never said anything at the time, and the silence around that has cost everyone in this group buy. It would have been better if you'd owned up about that - I would think that anyone honest would have done so.

For anyone who didn't see / can't remember the other (equally messed up) side of the story here, start with the below link and read for a page or two:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3232633

It sounds like ragin may be withholding your refund from the group buy because he believes you're a scammer, but having read the endorsement from danieldaniel (who I cannot imagine is a sock puppet) I suspect he's probably wrong, and you probably deserve your refund. Ragin shouldn't have sent you the chips and you shouldn't have kept them, but they were not worth 11.6 BTC.

scotjam
Activity: 263
Merit: 100
Sorry for my untimely hiatus - had a really rough month and was forced to be away from the forums. This is probably the longest hiatus yet so far I've taken over the years.

Refund 3 for alle.sello: (sent out about 2 days ago, didn't update here)
https://blockchain.info/tx/6cd8d662c200c582bba51899d7c9dd52bb10bf33e80e7be911173748da74907c

Refund 4 for most transfers that I have addresses for:
https://blockchain.info/tx/5df128d44a2593ae46432bfe05bc3f3314b8110807189fc34b6a57e6e9ee8cd4

Refund 5 for Egon : (missed him on the original list as it was a partial transfer)
https://blockchain.info/tx/ec47b663213303dedd1d9a5ee8a5d46e848ccc4eb30b3470d427d672a35b2a7b

Updated sheets:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiYcEqkgyjc_dHdIRGhHMG43N21raXJVSjA4dk5nUVE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

I bought chips off some people in the group buy ... when are you doing those john??
Activity: 120
For the record, I also still have the sample chips, which were never even opened or used. I was simply just holding on to them as collateral, for the group buy in case Ragingazn628 became unstable again.

So I'm willing to send it back to you or the group buy members. I have also spoken to Noitev about this on several occasions.

I'm here to let all the group members and those of the KnCMiner's group buy know that I ragingazn628 is holding 11.6BTC that belongs me and refuses to give them back. He has kept all those shares that I personally refunded to people, all for himself, as well as the 8 shares (4BTC) which I originally put in. He has left me out of it entirely and has not informed any of the other group members of what he did to me or how he continues to pocket my share of the profits.

in total, he owes me 11.6BTC from the entire KnCMiners Group Buy situation which I went I stuck my neck out for him and defended him and was his apologist. I started refunding group buy members with my own bitcoins, only because Ragingazn628 assured me that he would reimburse me once the actual KncMiner refund came through. I would never have done it otherwise. When the refund finally came through, he turned his back on me and refused to return the BTC that I had handed out to people.

JohnK was a witness to all this because I made sure to include you and inform you every step of the way. He was sent PM, Skype and GChat messages by me and ragingazn628 together. Now ragin's trying to screw me by not paying me back. Others that can vouch for me are Noitev and glendall and the actual people that I personally refunded including , damiano, piecinitup, floatyfish, danieldaniel, jesse11. You will see some of these people post on here to back up my story.

You all saw how MUCH I went out of my way to help him when he was depressed and at his lowest point. Yes its true that he gave me the sample chips, which were never actually used, to help his NEO-ASICs business venture. He had asked me to build him Klondike-16 and Avalon clones so he could sell to people through his site. After he got the refund from KnCMiner, he shut down the site (for a second time) changed his avatar and completely ignored the entire business. I still have the chips and offered to send them back to him.

I'm hoping with all your help, that I can get some justice in this situation and get back the BTC that is owed to me by Ragingazn628.

In regard to ragingazn's personal refunds, I am still holding to that due to emails I have obtained from prodigits7. I will not post his email directly, but I ask that he show up in this thread to clarify his claims against ragingazn here.

Everyone else with an address should be refunded here, otherwise please PM me so that I can clear that up.

Just want to say that prodigits refunded me with his own BTC.  Ragin really should pay him back.
Activity: 854
I'm here to let all the group members and those of the KnCMiner's group buy know that I ragingazn628 is holding 11.6BTC that belongs me and refuses to give them back. He has kept all those shares that I personally refunded to people, all for himself, as well as the 8 shares (4BTC) which I originally put in. He has left me out of it entirely and has not informed any of the other group members of what he did to me or how he continues to pocket my share of the profits.

in total, he owes me 11.6BTC from the entire KnCMiners Group Buy situation which I went I stuck my neck out for him and defended him and was his apologist. I started refunding group buy members with my own bitcoins, only because Ragingazn628 assured me that he would reimburse me once the actual KncMiner refund came through. I would never have done it otherwise. When the refund finally came through, he turned his back on me and refused to return the BTC that I had handed out to people.

JohnK was a witness to all this because I made sure to include you and inform you every step of the way. He was sent PM, Skype and GChat messages by me and ragingazn628 together. Now ragin's trying to screw me by not paying me back. Others that can vouch for me are Noitev and glendall and the actual people that I personally refunded including , damiano, piecinitup, floatyfish, danieldaniel, jesse11. You will see some of these people post on here to back up my story.

You all saw how MUCH I went out of my way to help him when he was depressed and at his lowest point. Yes its true that he gave me the sample chips, which were never actually used, to help his NEO-ASICs business venture. He had asked me to build him Klondike-16 and Avalon clones so he could sell to people through his site. After he got the refund from KnCMiner, he shut down the site (for a second time) changed his avatar and completely ignored the entire business. I still have the chips and offered to send them back to him.

I'm hoping with all your help, that I can get some justice in this situation and get back the BTC that is owed to me by Ragingazn628.

In regard to ragingazn's personal refunds, I am still holding to that due to emails I have obtained from prodigits7. I will not post his email directly, but I ask that he show up in this thread to clarify his claims against ragingazn here.

Everyone else with an address should be refunded here, otherwise please PM me so that I can clear that up.

Just want to say that prodigits refunded me with his own BTC.  Ragin really should pay him back.
Activity: 120
I'm here to let all the group members and those of the KnCMiner's group buy know that ragingazn628 is holding 11.6BTC that belongs to me and refuses to give them back. He has kept all those shares that I personally refunded to people, all for himself, as well as the 8 shares (4BTC) which I originally put in. He has left me out of it entirely and has not informed any of the other group members of what he did to me or how he continues to pocket my share of the profits.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break

Please confirm your BTC address here (or via email/PM) so that I can send this out.
legendary
Awesome! refund received, thanks Johnk. Farewell all it's been an...experience.

No problems - the delay for the past month is certainly my fault here.
legendary

I think I sent that 5.16 out last time to someone else claiming to be the person sending this (and as there was no contestants after some time) , but I'll refund you from my own funds regardless to clear this up anyway.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Awesome! refund received, thanks Johnk. Farewell all it's been an...experience.
legendary

legendary
Sorry for my untimely hiatus - had a really rough month and was forced to be away from the forums. This is probably the longest hiatus yet so far I've taken over the years.

Refund 3 for alle.sello: (sent out about 2 days ago, didn't update here)
https://blockchain.info/tx/6cd8d662c200c582bba51899d7c9dd52bb10bf33e80e7be911173748da74907c

Refund 4 for most transfers that I have addresses for:
https://blockchain.info/tx/5df128d44a2593ae46432bfe05bc3f3314b8110807189fc34b6a57e6e9ee8cd4

Refund 5 for Egon : (missed him on the original list as it was a partial transfer)
https://blockchain.info/tx/ec47b663213303dedd1d9a5ee8a5d46e848ccc4eb30b3470d427d672a35b2a7b

Updated sheets:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiYcEqkgyjc_dHdIRGhHMG43N21raXJVSjA4dk5nUVE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
The good news for anyone who wasn't refunded yet - while you have been forced to remain invested in something, the good news, assuming you do get a refund soon, is that you've been forced to stay invested in probably the best asset you could possibly have invested in over the last few months. Bitcoins have risen by 50x since the beginning of the year from $13.4 to $700+.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

scotjam
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Coin Generator
Looks like John K is working on it now guys. Be patient. Smiley
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Great news guys. John just emailed me saying he was busy with midterms, but will be back online tomorrow to process the remaining refunds.

Unfortunately, I still haven't received my refund. It's been over two months!
Activity: 87
Merit: 12
Great news guys. John just emailed me saying he was busy with midterms, but will be back online tomorrow to process the remaining refunds.

Thanks for the update, bassclef.
Pages:
Jump to: