Pages:
Author

Topic: GTX 1050ti Ethereum Mining Rig - page 6. (Read 52739 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 2
June 21, 2017, 12:41:44 PM
I want to set up a rig for eth/etc and i found 6 gtx 1050ti cards at a reasonable price here in europe (140€ each) , here are the specs:

- VGA 4GB MSI GTX1050 TI 4GT OC
- Base Core Clock 1341 MHz
- Boost 1455 MHz  
- Memory Clock Speed 7008 MHz
- Power consumption 75w

How many MH/s do you think i can reach with this card? Do you think it's worth it? What software would you recommend?
Activity: 406
Merit: 104
June 21, 2017, 08:23:17 AM
Actually while mining Ethereum my my whole system was using about 375-380W out of the wall (5x1060). I was running 55 TDP and was at 93mh/s (94-95mh/s was my peak with 85% TDP)
When I switched to ZCash I had to up my TDP to get clock speed up there. Without oc they would hash about 1100 Sol/s, after oc they are hashing 1450 Sol/s. But I had to up TPD to 100% and now the system is drawing 665W. But I do earn a lot more compared to Ethereum, it's just that the power cost is quite a bit higher.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 21, 2017, 06:43:08 AM
I mine Ethereum with 1050Ti : the hashrate is not so bad but i'm a little bit anxious with the diificulty grows.

nvidia can mine zcash, so don't worry, zcash is more durable and has many good clone, like hush zen and zcashclassic, all very profitable, you can mine that if ETH go down, besides i woudl mien that anyway, ETH is not good with nvidia
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
June 21, 2017, 06:27:05 AM
Around 70C in this conditions in not bad, also think that buying an air conditioner will increase your electric bills.

Where do you live? I`m asking this because I live in a hot country and I know what is to deal with high temperatures in hardware stuff, above 80C and at the 90-100C under full load, things get ugly.

At about 3 years ago, nobody believed on mining something with a computer here too, everybody looked at me as I was some crazy guy, now things are a little different.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
June 21, 2017, 06:24:17 AM
We are from the same country. People are legit being skeptic since they don't know shit about things like these. At the end of the day we have a nice scam history around here.
Kairos, OneCoin and so on only for the last few years (if not the last year only).

With the difficulty increasing + the scams that go around being easily eaten by people like ours, their doubt is somewhat justified (of course if they'd research on their own once, they'd find find out what's the deal), but that doesn't mean after ETH goes unprofitable another coin won't be as profitable or simply decently profitable with enough rigs after the ROI hits. So at the end of the day, mining still pays off, but you have to invest what you can afford to lose.

Activity: 36
June 21, 2017, 05:44:20 AM
I mine Ethereum with 1050Ti : the hashrate is not so bad but i'm a little bit anxious with the diificulty grows.

Yeah, difficulty is rapidly increasing. But so should the ETH price, too. It's not that of a big deal tbh. Just keep on mining and saving, and one day we all might get rich $$$$$$ ^^

I do not intend to be rich with crypto currencies, but thanks for showing us yours 1050 Ti mining rig experience, I 've been always a huge nvidia miner fan, since the beginning of cudaminer / ccminer.

Nice temps, btw.

Temps are terrible imo, because I live in a house on the top floor, but the outer isolation on the house isn't finished yet. When the sun burns hard like these days bricks get hot and they heat up my entire floor. I either need to install some air conditioner or finish the isolation to minimize the heat. I could also move my rigs in my garage but I should need air conditioning anyway because sitting in a room like this is unacceptable.

The average person in my city earns around 220$ a month, don't get too confused because things are really cheap here and it's not as hard to survive with 220$ monthly. With 6 GTX1050ti I'll be earning around 16$ a day, which easily beats most of the people in my town working 8h a day for like 9 or 10$.
But they are all sceptical about mining. No one believes it can earn you real ($$$) money...
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
June 20, 2017, 12:19:32 PM

Yeah, difficulty is rapidly increasing. But so should the ETH price, too. It's not that of a big deal tbh. Just keep on mining and saving, and one day we all might get rich $$$$$$ ^^

I do not intend to be rich with crypto currencies, but thanks for showing us yours 1050 Ti mining rig experience, I 've been always a huge nvidia miner fan, since the beginning of cudaminer / ccminer.

Nice temps, btw.
June 20, 2017, 10:46:24 AM

Activity: 826
Merit: 440
June 20, 2017, 09:37:05 AM
June 20, 2017, 07:19:46 AM
Could you please run the claymore miner benchmark up to DAG 180-190? Wondering if these 1050 ti will be the same as 1060's (wont loose hashrate over time).

All the RX cards have this issue but so far no pascal cards seem too.

Not sure what this means... I'm all new to this, could you explain what I should do exactly?

That's hard to determine in dollars because of price shifts. The miner has been running for 2 days straight now and I earned about 0.03 ETH. I had the same wierd error like you when overclocking. Do you use windows 10? I had that problem on Win10 but on Win8.1 everything is working smoothly

Yea, i am on windows 8.1.

And yea, i meant the earnings in ETH*, pretty good for that build to be honest!

To be frank i won't be trying to OC it anymore over what i got, my score was to only get an OC in general, at least for now simply because i was determined to leave the card non OC and anything over stock mh/s i get is a worthy bonus for me!

The only thing left for me is to test if my earnings are the same as the ones for people on ethermine. Doing a 24 hour test now on nanopool to measure compared to you if i get similar/more earnings based on mh/s (i use 3x different cards).

I use claymore's 9.5 miner. Do you use MSI Afterburner for OC-ing?
Please do report if nanopool earnings are better. I just ordered 4x more of these cards I want to maximise my earnings, because my dad also started giving interest into this and wants to invest into another 6x GTX 1070. That'll be a beast

have you tested it on other algos?
very interesting observation by the way

Not really, because I only want to mine ETH. Maybe I test this on zcash today just to see how goes, I will post when I do what I get out of it.
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
June 19, 2017, 10:51:12 PM
have you tested it on other algos?
very interesting observation by the way
June 19, 2017, 08:30:37 PM

That's hard to determine in dollars because of price shifts. The miner has been running for 2 days straight now and I earned about 0.03 ETH. I had the same wierd error like you when overclocking. Do you use windows 10? I had that problem on Win10 but on Win8.1 everything is working smoothly

Yea, i am on windows 8.1.

And yea, i meant the earnings in ETH*, pretty good for that build to be honest!

To be frank i won't be trying to OC it anymore over what i got, my score was to only get an OC in general, at least for now simply because i was determined to leave the card non OC and anything over stock mh/s i get is a worthy bonus for me!

The only thing left for me is to test if my earnings are the same as the ones for people on ethermine. Doing a 24 hour test now on nanopool to measure compared to you if i get similar/more earnings based on mh/s (i use 3x different cards).
Activity: 242
Merit: 11
June 19, 2017, 05:19:58 PM
Could you please run the claymore miner benchmark up to DAG 180-190? Wondering if these 1050 ti will be the same as 1060's (wont loose hashrate over time).

All the RX cards have this issue but so far no pascal cards seem too.
June 19, 2017, 05:13:16 PM
Just tested, my 1050ti 4GB goes unstable after +700 memory clock, core clock didn't change anything, so i left it at +650.

Stable at 13.63 mh/s it seems at a very low temperature.

Decent boost.

Hey. How do you mean it gets unstable? Which GTX 1050ti do you have? Asus, MSI.. .Which model?
Also (for Win 8.1 & 10), try to open Task Manager, go to details, find EthDcrMiner64.exe, right click it, and set priority to realtime. Not only this set my Hash Rate to absolutely stable 30, but I can now also play League of Legends on this rig without ANY dips below 30 whatsoever.

What temps are you getting with this cards?

I have set the fans to 100 now, the first card runs at 60*C, second at 50*C. The second blows the hot air into the first so it's not surprising. I will order 4 more of these cards tomorrow maybe, and 6 risers for them to make a better airflow. But 60*C at max Memory Clock is beast if you ask me, I never had a card run this cool

That's pretty good.
No idea, i get a weird command in the miner -something something and it stops mining.
ASUS PH-GTX1050TI-4G - this is the exact model from Asus.

Wanted to ask you, what are/were your exact earnings for a day on ethermine? I am mining on nanopool right now so i'd like to know if i should switch.
Thanks.

June 19, 2017, 01:31:20 PM
Just tested, my 1050ti 4GB goes unstable after +700 memory clock, core clock didn't change anything, so i left it at +650.

Decent boost.

Hey. How do you mean it gets unstable? Which GTX 1050ti do you have? Asus, MSI.. .Which model?
Also (for Win 8.1 & 10), try to open Task Manager, go to details, find EthDcrMiner64.exe, right click it, and set priority to realtime. Not only this set my Hash Rate to absolutely stable 30, but I can now also play League of Legends on this rig without ANY dips below 30 whatsoever.

I have set the fans to 100 now, the first card runs at 60*C, second at 50*C. The second blows the hot air into the first so it's not surprising. I will order 4 more of these cards tomorrow maybe, and 6 risers for them to make a better airflow. But 60*C at max Memory Clock is beast if you ask me, I never had a card run this cool

That's pretty good.
No idea, i get a weird command in the miner -something something and it stops mining.
ASUS PH-GTX1050TI-4G - this is the exact model from Asus.

Wanted to ask you, what are/were your exact earnings for a day on ethermine? I am mining on nanopool right now so i'd like to know if i should switch.
Thanks.
June 19, 2017, 06:54:03 AM

Decent boost.

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
June 18, 2017, 11:40:01 PM

Set Up:
I first tried Win10 with latest NVIDIA drivers, but GPUs worked at around 2.5 MH/s each, which is pretty darn terrible. I downloaded each driver available from NVIDIA but NOTHING seemed to move it above 2.5 MH/s.

I have this same problem with a fresh install of Win10 and claymore dual miner.   I've been working on this problem for a couple weeks when i have time.   It only happens with a fresh install of Win10 with only nvidia 10x0 cards.  Do all the updates and everything and still only 3 MH/s per card.

I run into the same issue days ago and followed this post to resolve it, have fan:
https://steemit.com/mining/@fidasx/fixing-windows-10-ethereum-mining
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
June 18, 2017, 10:01:09 PM

Set Up:
I first tried Win10 with latest NVIDIA drivers, but GPUs worked at around 2.5 MH/s each, which is pretty darn terrible. I downloaded each driver available from NVIDIA but NOTHING seemed to move it above 2.5 MH/s.

I have this same problem with a fresh install of Win10 and claymore dual miner.   I've been working on this problem for a couple weeks when i have time.   It only happens with a fresh install of Win10 with only nvidia 10x0 cards.  Do all the updates and everything and still only 3 MH/s per card.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
June 18, 2017, 09:53:36 PM
awesome, I'm building a gtx1050ti x 7 rig, very helpful tips.
June 18, 2017, 08:46:09 PM

Decent boost.
Pages:
Jump to: