Pages:
Author

Topic: GUI mining - updated Dec 3 with 7970 bugfix, also supports Stratum! - page 16. (Read 3231923 times)

donator
Activity: 446
Merit: 262
Interesting.
You should seriously consider changing miner. This one is almout 3 months old, it seems KIV abandoned it.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
I have a weird problem.

I have been using GUI miner for a long time now, but today when I started it, it wouldn't show me the gui... It just sits in my taskbar doing nothing.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

your guiminer is offscreen. search the forums for the fix.
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
Earthling
I have a weird problem.

I have been using GUI miner for a long time now, but today when I started it, it wouldn't show me the gui... It just sits in my taskbar doing nothing.

Anyone know what the problem might be?
Activity: 476
Power to the people!
You can put phoenix 1.7 in the guiminer folder overwriting the old stuff and it will work just does not update the speed very offten.  I use the older ver not the aug24th one it does not report stales correct.
legendary
Activity: 800
Merit: 1001
Update please for new phoenix 1.7

+1 !!  This would be great!
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
Update please for new phoenix 1.7
REF
Activity: 529
Merit: 500
awesome I just updated from the 20110614 release to the most recent release 20110824 and my hash increased from 220-230Mh/s to 2250-60Mh/s. thanks for the great work i really wasnt understanding how to start mining with command lines on windowsOS
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
Hello, looks like retrieving account balance for my pool does not work. Can you please take a look, Kiv? Yesterday I added two variables 'hashrate' and 'rating', but everything should be backward compatible if you parse it as standard JSON.

Edit: Oh, I see the problem. It's unrelated to changes in json, but website is forcing HTTPS and you don't handle redirection correctly:

Code:
2011-10-26 22:19:21: Requesting balance: ('GET', u'/accounts/profile/json/xxxxx')
2011-10-26 22:19:22: Server replied: 301,
301 Moved Permanently

301 Moved Permanently

nginx/0.7.65

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
How to use a backup pool aka fallback support:

Fallback support is in the OpenCL miner only. In the flags, specify the info of the backup pool or pools. For example if I want to fallback to my account on slush's pool, I would write:

Kiv.GPU:[email protected]:8332

If you don't know the host name or port, you can see it in the console tab whenever you run a miner.That's all you need for basic support. You can tweak it with these options:

--failback=N   attempt to fail back to the primary pool every n getworks, default 2
--tolerance=N   use fallback pool only after N consecutive connection errors, default 2
Is it possible to use Phoenix miner with fallback support?

If using OpenCL miner, the info of backup pool will be
Kiv.GPU:[email protected]:8332

Is the "Kiv.GPU" part constant? does it change depending on the GPU number?
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
New bugfix release is out! Thanks to everyone for your patience and prompt bug reporting.

guiminer-20110824.exe (stable)

I downloaded it and it installed fine and is running. But, it doesn't recognize my cpu or anything at all.  Using windows 7.

Edit: Fixed it. Had to point to the \guiminer\miners\puddinpop\rpcminer-cpu.exe
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
can you please add the minerd client to guiminer so that terebrix/fairbrix/litecoin can be mined with the cpu as well?

Windows binaries are here: https://github.com/downloads/coblee/litecoin/litecoin-windows-miner-10-10-2011.zip
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
Using GUIMiner with BitPenny:

BitPenny (site|forum) now uses a custom local client.  To connect to BitPenny using GUIMiner, please do not use the BitPenny pool default options.  Instead, select "Other" for the server, set the host to "localhost" (or the location of your BitPenny client) and set the port to the one that you specified in bitpenny.conf
donator
Activity: 477
How to Donate:

Please send donations directly to: 1MDDh2h4cAZDafgc94mr9q95dhRYcJbNQo

Most donations I receive are less than 0.1 BTC, so please consider donating even small amounts if this program helped you out.

Thank you for providing us this free tool. I'm using it for over a month now and it never disappointed me. Donation for further development is sent.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
@pekv2 - I have found that if you don't use the -v option that the shares are counted by the gui. This is with the phoenix miner, just thought you'd like to know.

Hey thanks, I'm using poclbm, thing is, I need -v or my mhash/s drops by half.

Least others will know of this for phoenix.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
@pekv2 - I have found that if you don't use the -v option that the shares are counted by the gui. This is with the phoenix miner, just thought you'd like to know.
Heya, Kiv. Will any future releases include a fix for the unread stales?
Could someone please explain to me what
Code:
long poll: IO error
means?

Connection for long polling was interrupted for some reason. There are many reasons, usually pool or some router on the way don't handle long living connections properly. Because you sent me full log in PM, I know that's not an issue of my pool, but something on your side is closing connections. From my experience some modems don't handle long living connections properly, maybe something like might be your case...

Ok, I'll jump back to v20110824 and test again @Connection for long polling. Brand new router & modem might be busting my balls.

Thanks, Slush.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
Code:
means?

Connection for long polling was interrupted for some reason. There are many reasons, usually pool or some router on the way don't handle long living connections properly. Because you sent me full log in PM, I know that's not an issue of my pool, but something on your side is closing connections. From my experience some modems don't handle long living connections properly, maybe something like might be your case...
Code:
means?

Edit:

I moved from GUIminer guiminer-20110824.exe to guiminer-20110701.exe

I am no longer receiving these long poll: IO errors. Also, my rejected shares has dropped significantly. Tested on Slush's and Deepbit.
Pages:
Jump to: