Pages:
Author

Topic: GUI mining - updated Dec 3 with 7970 bugfix, also supports Stratum! - page 67. (Read 3231923 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 505
no,
on pools you work on easy hashes,
means say the current requirement is for 14 leading zeros in the hash to solve a block, you are trying to find hashes with say at least 3 leading zeros.
you'll find and submit hashes with 3,4,5,6,7,8,9..... leading zeros (which all get you a share in the pool) and every once in a while someone finds a hash with the required 14 leading zeros and bang, pool gets the block, everyones happy.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I'm still not quite understanding the "Difficulty 1 hashes: X" number and I'm very interested in what it means.  I've read that it tells you how many close hashes you've calculated but what does that mean?  If that number is X, does that mean if the current requirement is for 14 leading zeros in the hash, that I've made X number of hashes with (14 - 1 = 13) zeros in it?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
In 2 months not a single 5970 is enough to mine, u need atleast 2-3X 5970 to mine.
Oh FFS, rich gets more riches and us poor peoples are stuck because can't do constant upgrading :/

Don't listen to this guy. Either he was being sarcastic or he doesn't know what he's talking about. I doubt we'll see difficulty increase much faster than the 30% increments we've been seeing.
Activity: 27
Anyone know why Quadro FX 1800M running on XP isn't seen as an opencl device?  I installed the nvidia driver a month ago.

edit:  Nevermind.  I didn't see that I had to install the ATI Stream SDK (even though I have an Nvidia card).  All good now.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
In 2 months not a single 5970 is enough to mine, u need atleast 2-3X 5970 to mine.
Oh FFS, rich gets more riches and us poor peoples are stuck because can't do constant upgrading :/
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Yep, just found my first one!  Grin

Thank you very much to everyone who helped me out with this!
Activity: 411
That looks right. At 4Mhash/s, it will probably take a bit of time for your first share to be accepted.
legendary
Driver updated, got the miner running but the status bar says:

Shares: 0 accepted, 0 stale/invalid           4Mhash/s

Is this how it's suppose to read? Do I need to use any flags?
legendary
Too late for that now  Roll Eyes
Activity: 38
ugh I soo do not want to my driver and potentially fk something up and then having the trouble of trying to reverse back to an old version which I don't even remember anymore where I got it.

I have a similar graphics card to you (8400 GS) and mining about 0.3 BTC a day at 1.5 MHash/s... so maybe not worth the bother.
legendary
8600m GT

Download and update your driver from here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

ugh I soo do not want to update my driver and potentially fk something up and then having the trouble of trying to reverse back to an old version which I don't even remember anymore where I got
8600m GT

Download and update your driver from here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
legendary
When I try to run guiminer.exe on my inspiron1520 dell laptop I get this error: "Couldn't find any OpenCL devices."

What kind of graphics card is in your laptop? You probably need to download an up to date driver for it with OpenCL - assuming one exists.
legendary
When I try to run guiminer.exe on my inspiron1520 dell laptop I get this error: "Couldn't find any OpenCL devices."

From guiminer.exe.log:
Exception TypeErrorERROR:root:Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 836, in
  File "guiminer.py", line 518, in __init__
SystemExit: 1
ERROR:root:Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 836, in
  File "guiminer.py", line 518, in __init__
SystemExit: 1

Could anyone tell me what I need to do and if my laptop is just too weak to even bother?
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
Better change ur graphics card if u want to mine.
The investment u make is worth more than u can think.

Mind me asking what you're earning at the moment with your 6870? I am tempted to buy a better GPU. Hard to know if it's worth the investment if difficulty is going to keep climbing (unpredictably as well.)

For the past 4 days mining i got around 19btc, on average 4btc daily, running 23/7

The difficulty changes are not unpredictable. You can look at the estimate here or calculate it yourself. Every 2016 blocks, the network (all of the clients) recalculate the difficulty such that over the past 2016 blocks, using the new difficulty would result in around 10 blocks being found per minute.

True but I was thinking of the longer term... e.g. where will difficulty be in 2 months? This seems harder to estimate, as it depends on unforeseeable events, like bitcoin getting a sudden burst of publicity.

For long term, the next difficulty will be <=70000 , & then after 2 months it will be 23000909.

U better instead of mining try buying & selling, that will be easy & profitable.
The difficulty changes are not unpredictable. You can look at the estimate here or calculate it yourself. Every 2016 blocks, the network (all of the clients) recalculate the difficulty such that over the past 2016 blocks, using the new difficulty would result in around 10 blocks being found per minute.

True but I was thinking of the longer term... e.g. where will difficulty be in 2 months? This seems harder to estimate, as it depends on unforeseeable events, like bitcoin getting a sudden burst of publicity.
Activity: 411
To those asking for an installer, I created one with a program called CreateInstall Free. It took about 10 minutes to figure out what I was doing in the program, and then 1-2 minutes to create the .exe. The compression was set to the Default-highest, which didn't really slow the creation down at all.

It was created from a fresh download of Kiv's software. It unzips the files to whatever location you tell it to, puts an icon to the guiminer.exe onto the desktop and (currently) places an uninstall link in the start menu as well. The Uninstall will just delete everything that was unzipped/"installed".

Hope you can find this useful, and it was only 3MB larger than the .7z file. 10.19MB total in size.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k9g5lv
Kiv
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
as I saw many people complaining that they want it packed in 1 file
and others that don't have packing software and cba to download and install it

just an idea
or if you want some help I can do it for you

some time ago I used to hardcode an .exe file in another .exe file
it turned out to be quite a neat thing
like : pack several files (no matter what kind of files) into an .exe, then when you run the .exe it unpacks in the current dir or in %temp% and runs the new app

how I did this was store the whole .exe in an array in the source code
then, when run, just save the whole array into a file with extension .exe in binary mode
and we are done.

just my 0.02 btc
if you want it done PM me

Thanks for the offer, but the release problem is solved - going forward I will make 7z releases as well as .exe releases with a Windows installer. My concern with your method is that unpacking every time can be slow (only have to unpack once normally) and it's better to install to a well-known location (like Program Files/poclbm) than a temp folder.
Activity: 294
Better change ur graphics card if u want to mine.
The investment u make is worth more than u can think.

Mind me asking what you're earning at the moment with your 6870? I am tempted to buy a better GPU. Hard to know if it's worth the investment if difficulty is going to keep climbing (unpredictably as well.)

(this is, I am sure, a vast simplification, but it should serve to get you close enough(TM))
Pages:
Jump to: