Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] BitFury Miner Support/Tuning - page 41. (Read 148018 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 07, 2013, 01:45:12 PM
Dear Lord that thing is really small on a version-1 M-board (not the mod being discussed - the pencil mod is done on each H-board).  

My eyes aren't what they used to be, but are R01F and R02F REALLY size 0603 on the m-board??  If they are, how is it even possible to manually place 0402 parts Huh
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
September 07, 2013, 01:33:54 PM
we need a pictured guide for dummies ... so we can break our boards trying ...
courtesy c-scape
Activity: 540
Merit: 250
BestRate.org
September 07, 2013, 12:05:34 PM
is everyone here from Germany - Hamburg that can make the resistor mod for the H Card, i have two of them ?
Activity: 404
September 07, 2013, 05:22:05 AM
has someone tried to use a wlan usb stick? how can i do this?
Activity: 434
Merit: 265
September 07, 2013, 05:20:22 AM
we need a pictured guide for dummies ... so we can break our boards trying ...
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
September 07, 2013, 05:19:47 AM
Nice mod Smiley Please remember to use fans when overvolting & overclocking your unit. If your unit goes "dead" ie. plugged in H-card shows no voltage on top of inductor, this may be due to overcurrent protection of the regulator kicking in. Although I'm generally supportive of hacking, please remember that you're doing so on your own risk. We cannot guarantee long-time functionality of the boards if you mod them.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
September 07, 2013, 04:14:09 AM
Code:
Bank 1
1: 30.781GH/s
2: 33.315GH/s
3: 30.022GH/s
4: 0GH/s

% of HW errors? or ... show your stat.log please
Activity: 420
September 07, 2013, 02:51:09 AM
Can you explain how to do this?

:-)

Maybee some pictures ...

a) Get an Ohmmeter or DMM

b) Get an HB or softer Pencil

c) Locate R02F resistor. Donot mod R01F.

d) Make sure R02F measures 1.3KOhm

e) Rub pencil on the surface of R02F 3 - 4 times

f) Measure resistance, if it's 1.2K plug the board in

g) Measure output voltage, and repeat steps e,f if necessary for fine-tuning Wink

h) Hash like a boss

Maybe you need to post picture of step e) if you could and thank you.
legendary
September 07, 2013, 02:22:55 AM

Maybee some pictures ...

a) Get an Ohmmeter or DMM

b) Get an HB or softer Pencil

c) Locate R02F resistor. Donot mod R01F.

d) Make sure R02F measures 1.3KOhm

e) Rub pencil on the surface of R02F 3 - 4 times

f) Measure resistance, if it's 1.2K plug the board in

g) Measure output voltage, and repeat steps e,f if necessary for fine-tuning Wink

h) Hash like a boss
Activity: 434
Merit: 265
September 07, 2013, 02:08:21 AM

Maybee some pictures ...
legendary
September 07, 2013, 01:33:43 AM
Guys heads up on pencil mod for overvolting and thus aiding overclocking.
Use pencil mod on R2F, make it around 1.1 - 1.2K, voltage goes from 0.66V to 0.81V. The default value is ~1.3K. It may blow the 30AFuse if you go too high; so make sure you do it only if you have a soldering station handy Wink

After Mod (I have only 3 H cards )
Code:
Bank 1
1: 30.781GH/s
2: 33.315GH/s
3: 30.022GH/s
4: 0GH/s
Activity: 525
..yeah
September 06, 2013, 05:31:20 PM
oops, of course I meant I, not 1. It reads "External clock (must have this on to make the chip work)", so I didn't know. Thanks
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 06, 2013, 05:25:08 PM
Code:
Code:
A = Autotuning (if off, chip will not be modified by autotuning) [A = on / a = off]
I = External clock (must have this on to make the chip work)     [I = on / i = off]
F = Fast clock                                                   [F = on / f = off]
D = Clock division by 2 (should be on)                           [D = on / d = off]
S = Slowclock (should be on)                                     [S = on / s = off]
O = Send clock to output (OutClk pin)                            [O = on / o = off]

anyone has more information on what happens when turnin on/off those? I found setting i to 1 chips lets other chips across the whole unit to stop working. Anything else?

Turn "I" off by changing it to lower case "i" and not the number one "1".  But did you read what it says?  if you turn a chip off, yes, all the chips after it will also stop working.  Solution: Don't do that.
Activity: 525
..yeah
September 06, 2013, 04:54:37 PM
Code:
Code:
A = Autotuning (if off, chip will not be modified by autotuning) [A = on / a = off]
I = External clock (must have this on to make the chip work)     [I = on / i = off]
F = Fast clock                                                   [F = on / f = off]
D = Clock division by 2 (should be on)                           [D = on / d = off]
S = Slowclock (should be on)                                     [S = on / s = off]
O = Send clock to output (OutClk pin)                            [O = on / o = off]

anyone has more information on what happens when turnin on/off those? I found setting i to 1 chips lets other chips across the whole unit to stop working. Anything else?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
September 05, 2013, 01:07:13 AM
Clarification: BFGMiner's "littlefury" branch (which should really be renamed "bitfury", and probably will be at some point) is currently tested with LittleFury and generic GPIO only, and should also work with Metabank's rigs, but is still strictly a work-in-progress and not considered a stable or even testing release. I haven't confirmed yet that it is compatible with the board design referenced in the OP, but if not I certainly plan to port it ASAP.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
September 04, 2013, 10:31:57 PM
As I said I even asked to BUY the hardware, but was told no. Odd.

Sorry, no rant from me.  Just you keep saying it is not cgminer.  It is cgminer, maybe not the one you and Con are maintaining but cgminer nevertheless.

You asked to buy and they said no?  That is odd indeed.  I don't know what these h/w guys are smoking.  They should be sending free cards to you, Con and Luke-Jr pronto.  How much they cost?  $50/card? 

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
September 04, 2013, 09:57:58 PM
For now I can't see there being cgminer support.
I even tried to buy one and was told no.
Over irc I've seen the cgminer development gradually progressing over the past few days, I suppose punin (and others?) are "going at it" allready.
A fork, not cgminer.

https://github.com/legkodymov/cgminer

Kano, it is not like you have a trademark on cgminer name.  Call it a fork, a variant or whatever.
It is still a cgminer.

You can incorporate it into cgminer that Con is maintaining or not.  It is ultimately Con's call.

I think Luke-Jr already got a branch for this.
Woo hoo rant time Smiley
Funny how people post such rants when the reason is shown in the last line Smiley
Read the above post ...

This is actually a typical problem we are seeing at the moment, someone goes and forks cgminer, writes a driver, but they don't keep incorporating the latest changes.

Also ... of course when we make critical changes to the inner workings of cgminer, of course we can't test that on hardware we don't have.
Oh well SEP.

As I said I even asked to BUY the hardware, but was told no. Odd.

Enjoy the cake, the cake is a lie Smiley
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
September 04, 2013, 07:04:23 PM
Over irc I've seen the cgminer development gradually progressing over the past few days, I suppose punin (and others?) are "going at it" allready.
A fork, not cgminer.

Kano, it is not like you have a trademark on cgminer name.  Call it a fork, a variant or whatever.
It is still a cgminer.

You can incorporate it into cgminer that Con is maintaining or not.  It is ultimately Con's call.
There's no argument here. What he means is that there was a fork made from a slightly earlier version of cgminer from which the driver was developed. There is nothing wrong with that. However the code only works on an RPi, and I have since been asked to merge the code into mainline cgminer. The code itself is unusable generically in cgminer which is designed to work on other architectures and operating systems so I cannot include the code as it currently is - especially since it works in a way that is a profound security issue. It also happens that the hardware design of devices made with bitfury chips to date depend on that unique relationship with RPi devices so I've been unable to rewrite the driver to make the usb sticks and other bitfury based hardware work anywhere else.  I've not found a decent solution to this issue, but I'm still investigating and watching.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
September 04, 2013, 03:18:09 PM
So just so that I understand, if I SSH into my rPi using those credentials, reset my password and then remove SSH using the first set of commands, won't that lock me out? How am I supposed to re-login into my rPi in the future if not via SSH and will the new login/password still remain?
Your pi/raspberry login will still work. You are only removing the credentials of punin (i guess).
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
September 04, 2013, 02:56:42 PM
A fork, not cgminer.

It is still a cgminer.

I think Luke-Jr already got a branch for this.
Pages:
Jump to: