Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain AntMiner S1 Setup [HD] - page 34. (Read 112167 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Just to be sure, if i have an 600W PSU with 2 dedicated PCI-E 8pins connectors, then 1 PCI-E 8pins connector per blade will be sufficient enough?

If they're on different cable stands then yes. Alternatively you could use a 4pin atx on one (which I am using) and an 8 pin PCI-E on another to separate the strands.

Do check the 12V rail and how the power is distributed between those rails though - different brands rate their output differently in relation to the 12V rail.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
seems pretty good. 95CFM should push well, and the spped seems okay (the miner stats show a speed that does not correlate directly to RPM i think, as my 1800RPM max fan usually reads at 2200-2900)

This is the stock fan my unit is running, which suggests 108CFM. If you compare the power consumptions however you can see that the proposed fan is a bit of a fake 95CFM. The dashboard also appears to be doubling the actual RPM of the fan from ~2950 to ~5900
Activity: 310
Merit: 250
Thank you Dogie!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I love Bitcoin
bravo setup thread...
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Just to be sure, if i have an 600W PSU with 2 dedicated PCI-E 8pins connectors, then 1 PCI-E 8pins connector per blade will be sufficient enough?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Nice work on the guide.
Thanks. I expected to be more trouble shooting points but so far there literally isn't anything

I've had a hell of a time trying to get it working over wireless after plugging in a big-ass antenna Sad Futzed around for an hour or so and gave up for fear of screwing up the network settings, and went back to Ethernet.

Will try mucking around some more when my next units come in. Woop !!!

i havent buged around with wifi yet, but i plan to on my second unit. I intent to ziptie a 600w PSU to the side/top and install an antennae so that the miner can be deployed in a corner, closet, or outsoor (cold) enclosure
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
If setting up a double and using the Corsair 800 GS that is recommended.

Does the PSU have 2 x 8 pin PCI-E?
Or
Which connectors would I use for the second unit?

Thanks
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
Good Work dogie dogie!!
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
miao~~~~ Nice thread Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Nice work on the guide.
Thanks. I expected to be more trouble shooting points but so far there literally isn't anything

I've had a hell of a time trying to get it working over wireless after plugging in a big-ass antenna Sad Futzed around for an hour or so and gave up for fear of screwing up the network settings, and went back to Ethernet.

Will try mucking around some more when my next units come in. Woop !!!
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
Thank you for this guide.

Do you have a recommendation on make/model for the second fan in a double setup that would fit and also plug into the second unit?

Thanks again

you need a 120mm PWM fan capable of the highest airflow possible. at least 70CFM - the original is capable of >90CFM
---Additionally, the mounting holes are NOT the same size as case holes. you MUST use M3 nuts/bolts or rubber pull-through pegs as the typical screws that come with the fan will not fit.

Would something like this work?  and connect to the board?
http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-JetFlo-120-Performance/dp/B00E20SSZ8/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386044772&sr=1-10&keywords=120mm+fan

Thanks
Bit on the slower side but yes.

seems pretty good. 95CFM should push well, and the spped seems okay (the miner stats show a speed that does not correlate directly to RPM i think, as my 1800RPM max fan usually reads at 2200-2900)
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Do you have a recommendation on make/model for the second fan in a double setup that would fit and also plug into the second unit?

Thanks again

you need a 120mm PWM fan capable of the highest airflow possible. at least 70CFM - the original is capable of >90CFM
---Additionally, the mounting holes are NOT the same size as case holes. you MUST use M3 nuts/bolts or rubber pull-through pegs as the typical screws that come with the fan will not fit.

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-JetFlo-120-Performance/dp/B00E20SSZ8/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386044772&sr=1-10&keywords=120mm+fan

Thanks

Bit on the slower side but yes.

Thanks again

Thanks
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Thanks again

This.

The exact fan doesn't matter as much as its specs, they're all running on the same brand of physics.
legendary
ASIC Wannabe

Thanks again

Thanks again
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Nice work on the guide.

Thanks. I expected to be more trouble shooting points but so far there literally isn't anything - they're just working. They've taken the barebones 'blade' approach of ASICMiner and combined it with the [relatively] advanced software of Avalon to create something really nice and compact.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
Nice work on the guide.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.